4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Altezza Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 10:57 PM

Hey guys, Im thinking of getting the Altezza lights for my 95 max. it's a gold color so i don't really know how it will look, but if any of you have them, just write how you like them on your cars. I heard a few complaints about them already.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not impressed with them.

Originally posted by darek
Hey guys, Im thinking of getting the Altezza lights for my 95 max. it's a gold color so i don't really know how it will look, but if any of you have them, just write how you like them on your cars. I heard a few complaints about them already.
I work at a shop that supplies them and I bet over half of them come back cause they leak and fill with water. Maybe we have a bad supplier or something, I don't know. I think they'd look kinda weird on a gold one. I could be wrong though. I've only seen them on black ones so far.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:33 AM

Re: I'm not impressed with them.

Originally posted by BSwithTF

I work at a shop that supplies them and I bet over half of them come back cause they leak and fill with water. Maybe we have a bad supplier or something, I don't know. I think they'd look kinda weird on a gold one. I could be wrong though. I've only seen them on black ones so far.

How much did your light job cost you? If you don't mind me asking...
Old 06-21-2001, 08:42 AM

Re: Re: I'm not impressed with them.

Originally posted by maxkid77

How much did your light job cost you? If you don't mind me asking...
$375. They may be available through Elite Evolutions later this year. This is the first prototype set.
Old 06-21-2001, 08:47 AM

Re: Re: Re: I'm not impressed with them.

$375. They may be available through Elite Evolutions later this year. This is the first prototype set.
Any way i could see some more pics?
Old 06-21-2001, 09:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm not impressed with them.

I would like to see more pics too
Old 06-21-2001, 09:15 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm not impressed with them.

Here's some more pics:

Old 06-21-2001, 09:54 AM

yuk

While I don't think that my altezzas are the bomb...yet, those don't look right to me. I get the point that you want to nice circles in the back for tails. However, you can still see that outline of the original light that was there. This will **** someone off, but the remind me of someone that took a set of clear headlight covers and paint all but two circles and slapped them on...like a teenager with his first car. Now what I do like about yors is that rubber outline that defines the light more...nice.

My pick? I am going to take my altezzas apart and put the carbon fiber sheets on it. I think THAT will be the bomb!

SHUMAX
Old 06-21-2001, 10:12 AM

is there any way to fill in the original lines? Looks like a skyline, kinda cool
Old 06-21-2001, 10:13 AM

If these are a flop, we won't make them.

Some like them, some don't. I do like the suggestions though. I get a lot of compliments on them. Believe me, it's much more involved than painting verything and leaving circles in the middle. Guess I'll have to do a poll and see if they're popular or not. Keep the tips coming though on how to make them look better. Hell, they're on my car so I want them to look as good as possible. I want to get a set on my wife's black max. Then the lines around them won't be so apparent.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:16 AM

Re: If these are a flop, we won't make them.

Some like them, some don't. I do like the suggestions though. I get a lot of compliments on them. Believe me, it's much more involved than painting verything and leaving circles in the middle. Guess I'll have to do a poll and see if they're popular or not. Keep the tips coming though on how to make them look better. Hell, they're on my car so I want them to look as good as possible. I want to get a set on my wife's black max. Then the lines around them won't be so apparent.
I like them a lot, i think they just need a few minor improvements
Old 06-21-2001, 11:33 AM

I like the way those look your car looks real clean not having the wing makes it look even better good job, louis
Old 06-21-2001, 11:40 AM
I'm needing a caw

Believe it or not but Nissan pays design engineers alot of $$ to come up w/ tailight designs. It's kinda hard to believe that some individual or some generic tail light company can redesign the tails and have it look right/good/decent. I have seen some nice looking custom designs from individuals but the percent of nice looking ones vs bad looking/bad install/or just ugly is probably 1:100.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:40 AM

Hey shumax or anyone else;
Any idea of how hard it would be to get the clear lense off of the altezza's. I was thinking of doing the same thing with mine, carbon fiber or painting the chrome part black, but I'm not sure how to get them apart.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:44 AM

I think your lights look really awesome, but I also think that the outlines of the stock lights should be filled if possible. Try experimenting with bondo if you do your wife's car and see how that turns out. I dont think they will be a flop either, some people dont like the altezzas and some do and they are not a flop. If you find a way to hide the lines let us know, and also let us know when/where we can buy a pair for our maximas.

K
Old 06-21-2001, 02:35 PM

My Altezzas

Well I got one of them apart lastnight. I tell ya something....I am not anxious to tear apart my $250 investment to have a slip and break them. That said, one is apart and I put the carbon fiber sheet on and $ucked it up a bit. There are little raised dots on the inside that look like where the mold machine was taken off when they were cast. Anyway, its hard to get them to seal on top of those little bumps. I am going to THINK about sanding them down a bit and then putting it over the chrome.

That process hasn't happened because I am not convinced enought that I want that look yet. I put them up next to my car and it looked....well....like $hit to me. In fact, down right ugly and fake. I will try to get some pics up for you to look at.

SHUMAX
Old 06-21-2001, 04:51 PM

Hey BSwithTF...

where are your reverse lights?
Old 06-21-2001, 06:39 PM

Re: My Altezzas

Originally posted by shumax
Well I got one of them apart lastnight. I tell ya something....I am not anxious to tear apart my $250 investment to have a slip and break them. That said, one is apart and I put the carbon fiber sheet on and $ucked it up a bit. There are little raised dots on the inside that look like where the mold machine was taken off when they were cast. Anyway, its hard to get them to seal on top of those little bumps. I am going to THINK about sanding them down a bit and then putting it over the chrome.

That process hasn't happened because I am not convinced enought that I want that look yet. I put them up next to my car and it looked....well....like $hit to me. In fact, down right ugly and fake. I will try to get some pics up for you to look at.

SHUMAX
i say you just invest in some paint the color of your car and some masking tape..
Old 06-22-2001, 11:51 AM

Re: Hey BSwithTF...

Originally posted by Max I am
where are your reverse lights?
No reverse lights. It's a pain sometimes, like when you want to get out of a busy parking lot and people don't know you're trying to back up. I'm still trying to decide what to do about this little problem.
Old 06-22-2001, 12:24 PM

Isn't lack of reverse light illegal?

Don't you get pulled over alot?

I think just a little off-canter rectnngle light on the insides of the lights for the reverse lights would look fine.
Old 06-22-2001, 01:43 PM

Don't know if it's illegal or not.

Originally posted by iansw
Isn't lack of reverse light illegal?

Don't you get pulled over alot?

I think just a little off-canter rectnngle light on the insides of the lights for the reverse lights would look fine.
I asked a bunch of people and half said you had to have them and have said it didn't matter. I haven't gotten pulled over for them though (knock on wood). That's a good idea for the placement of the reverse lights. Another idea someone had was to flush mount some euro-sidemarkers into the bumper. Prob. won't mess with it until it really becomes an issue.