4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Haked vs. Stock Intake 0-60 times

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:20 PM

Haked vs. Stock Intake 0-60 times

Ok, self & co-pilot tested, but......

Run with hacked intake box with k&N drop in (7.9- 1st run 8.0- 2nd run). Run with stock intake box and k&n drop in (7.5- 1st run 7.44 2nd run). And it felt like more of a difference than that!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:33 PM

5spd or auto?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:46 PM

auto. my car was actually in between both these ranges before the y-pipe and exhaust mods. The intake mod just made it much slower. But oh, it dit make a nice kick between 5500 and 5650 RPM, woooohoooo. I only lost every ounce of takeoff for a joke right before my cutoff. Wow what a tradeoff.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 PM

niec to see someone actually post times of hacked vs non-hacked....time to change back to the stock snorkel.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM

I believe it, the stock intake gives a lot of torque.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:56 AM

let me guess you guys used a stopwatch
Old 07-29-2006, 10:00 AM

Actually this topic interest me very much so over the weekend me and my boy are gonna try it using my this,have had it for a few weeks just never had a good reason to use it http://www.gtechpro.com/accuracy.html

Its supposed to be accurate to like .06 on the 0-60......I'll also try to report other test runs,maybe 300 foot time,1/4 mile times,not sure if there is a Phillies game this sunday and what time if there is...thats pending on how much time we will have,the streets by the the ballpark are my favorite test spot but pending on the game we will see how it goes.

Note: on the link I have the performance meter,not the 5th wheel or anything else but it gets the job done.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by Cosmo459sx
auto. my car was actually in between both these ranges before the y-pipe and exhaust mods. The intake mod just made it much slower. But oh, it dit make a nice kick between 5500 and 5650 RPM, woooohoooo. I only lost every ounce of takeoff for a joke right before my cutoff. Wow what a tradeoff.

150rpms worth of power
Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Shift_3.0

I dont understand why anyone would touch the stock intake besides for sound reasons. The stock intake is designed very well, it even has an intake scoop right under the hood......
Old 07-29-2006, 12:33 PM

Yea,since I got mine I've been reading as much as possible on this topic and I agree,it seems to be as good as it can be the way it is,I'm sure it sounds better with an intake but my boy has his old hacked airbox from his 97 so as soon as we can,maybe Sunday,we are going to try some comparo's and see how it goes but I'm pretty sure the stock will yield the best results. Also its hot as hell here and supposed to be hotter tommorrow so results may vary but we will give it shot......
Old 07-29-2006, 12:33 PM

Yeah I know, it is a very good design. I'm interested to see if Godson finds the same results when he tries to test this weekend. Hopefully more info coming.........
Old 07-29-2006, 12:37 PM
dot dot dot ...

MAF %(V) changes with an aftermarket intake... Some of you know what that means.. those who don't... leave the stock one on
Old 07-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
MAF %(V) changes with an aftermarket intake... Some of you know what that means.. those who don't... leave the stock one on
speaking of that I really could use a tune..
Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
dot dot dot ...

What's your a/f then?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Ichiban King

What's your a/f then?
I dunno I still have to have some things done to determine it and I don;t have a guage ha.. but just the fact that the PRCAI is installed I figure its worth a tune or at least thats what you told me and especially with volt changes..

Is there a standard?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:53 PM
dot dot dot ...

A standrd for what? A/F? Theoretically yes.
Originally Posted by cosmo459sx
Ok, self & co-pilot tested
How much did the co-pilot weigh?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Ichiban King

A standard for what? A/F? Theoretically yes.
How much did the co-pilot weigh?

sweet.. but yeah perhaps I'll wait until a few more mods intake/exhaust wize.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Turbo 3.5

yeah when I my injen cai on I got less torque but noticed more power over 3500rpms .. I was told that the computer can not adjust for the extra air coming in fast enough and thats why the car is alittle slower .. if you a have stick you can just lanuch harder at a higher rpm
Old 07-29-2006, 10:46 PM

Well I checked with my boy and he aint doin anything tommorrow and I'm pretty sure the Phillies are at 1:30 so they should be done pretty early.....hopefully marijuana wont prevent us from removing ourselves from the AC and get out and try these runs....
Old 07-30-2006, 03:49 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by t6378tp
I was told that the computer can not adjust for the extra air coming in fast enough and thats why the car is alittle slower ..
You were told lies.. all lies...

Originally Posted by Godson
Well I checked with my boy and he aint doin anything tommorrow and I'm pretty sure the Phillies are at 1:30 so they should be done pretty early.....hopefully marijuana wont prevent us from removing ourselves from the AC and get out and try these runs....
I vote for post of the day.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:32 PM

Well,needless to say we never even got close to trying on Sunday for a few reasons...1/3 excessive heat,1/3 marijuana and 1/3 phillies game traffic...didnt know it was a double header so buy the time the early game traffic dispersed along the night game traffic rolled in,and the cops really never left.Today its hot as hell and only sposed to get hotter tommorrow,so I dont think they would be optimom conditions....cools down some at night but hard to po-po presence so we'll see what we can do...also kinda worked out to as I got in touch with my cousin who has a 97,only mod is Injen Intake so he said he would like to make some passes too,but I will mainly focus on my car as I know it is properly running,but just for poops and giggles we'll run his car too. What do you guys think,should we wait till it cools down some or the hell with it, I mean the temp will be consistent for each pass so even thought the times might not represent what they could be if the conditions were optimal,the runs will all come at the same temp so any differences could be applied to optiaml conditions,whattya think?Oh yea to the guy above me,how is that a tard post?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:25 PM
dot dot dot ...

Well,needless to say
This isn't even your thread...
Old 07-31-2006, 06:18 PM
Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by devilz05
I dont understand why anyone would touch the stock intake besides for sound reasons. The stock intake is designed very well, it even has an intake scoop right under the hood......

that reminds me i gott put the scoop on....i took it off to fill my gear oil and never put it on
Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM

This isn't even your thread...
whatta douche bag.....youve made 5 posts on this thread,not once with anything intelligent to say,just your snide remarks and attempts at wit,just move on forum tough-guy,post your gay little smilies in another thread,maybe one your more familiar with,like talking poop
Old 08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
dot dot dot ...

youve made 5 posts on this thread,not once with anything intelligent to say just your snide remarks and attempts at wit,just move on forum tough-guy,post your gay little smilies in another thread,maybe one your more familiar with,like talking poop
Me > you.....

Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by t6378tp
yeah when I my injen cai on I got less torque but noticed more power over 3500rpms .. I was told that the computer can not adjust for the extra air coming in fast enough and thats why the car is alittle slower .. if you a have stick you can just lanuch harder at a higher rpm
the reason y the throttle reasponse and low-end torque suffer with AM intakes is because the sotck intake has a better design called a Helmholtz resonator...go ahead do a search...its a great thing
Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Ichiban King

whatta douche bag.....youve made 5 posts on this thread,not once with anything intelligent to say,just your snide remarks and attempts at wit,just move on forum tough-guy,post your gay little smilies in another thread,maybe one your more familiar with,like talking poop
Aren't you the one who smokes the reefer? at least thats what it says in two of the above posts you've made..

Old 08-01-2006, 02:11 PM

Well, I guess that means I am not going to mod my airbox. Thought so, the stock design does look pretty efficient
Old 08-01-2006, 03:49 PM

When I bought my max with 95K, someone had hacked the stock box pretty badly. Dropping the CAI on probably cost me torque, but the early gears on my MT are much smoother now and it looks and sounds much better. Might reconsider if I can get a stock box to replace the hacked one.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 PM

how is that intelligent? you ask him a question,say some know,if you dont know then just leave it,why not just explain? Ban??You>me?? What the **** are you talking about?First of all I in no way provoked this arguement,secondly how do you equate to greater than me?your vast knowledge of maximas??lol what a joke....listen man, this is corny,I'm really not into this and I'm definitly not gonna continue with,as its stupid....If I can be banned for what I've said,so be it,whats the huge deal? Dont get me wrong,Ive read alot of interesting stuff here and enjoy reading the threads but theres always one anus in every forum thats just like you,and if cant call a spade a spade then **** it...so if I dont get banned I'll just avoid posting in any thread that your royal *** posts in and keep the peace,if not..............
Old 08-01-2006, 08:54 PM

i left my stock resonator on with cone intake sounds nice donnt know about the power
Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Ichiban King

insert <all that was said by Godson in the last post>

Listen man I've, but much more importantly all of these older members have heard a vast amount of the same exact posts (aka. reposts) so they really have no respect or time for ppl who state the same things over and over.. that and the fact that half of the new guys on here come in and act like they're doing something new or stating something groundbreaking.. Well, Try Again.

I mean come on this isn't even my argument but you come in talking about phillies games on sundays, reefer, and that hopefully not stopping you from "doing these runs." Dude I'm sorry but nobody cares and that and posts like that are a waste of space.

and the whole him>you situation wellt he reason he said that is because he explained about atmosperic conditions affecting MAF readings (voltage in particular, aka air flow and the stored limits and readings) which in turn affect results, this was to intelligent ppl an intelligent statement in which I learned something as well. You'd do well to do research or take a step back and relax and look at the underlying facts of the posts and this forum as a whole. I'm still even learning them..

later.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:07 AM
dot dot dot ...

tEh weed is affecting your mood. Cheer up, it's only the internet
Old 08-02-2006, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Apparition
Listen man I've, but much more importantly all of these older members have heard a vast amount of the same exact posts (aka. reposts) so they really have no respect or time for ppl who state the same things over and over.. that and the fact that half of the new guys on here come in and act like they're doing something new or stating something groundbreaking.. Well, Try Again.

I mean come on this isn't even my argument but you come in talking about phillies games on sundays, reefer, and that hopefully not stopping you from "doing these runs." Dude I'm sorry but nobody cares and that and posts like that are a waste of space.

and the whole him>you situation wellt he reason he said that is because he explained about atmosperic conditions affecting MAF readings (voltage in particular, aka air flow and the stored limits and readings) which in turn affect results, this was to intelligent ppl an intelligent statement in which I learned something as well. You'd do well to do research or take a step back and relax and look at the underlying facts of the posts and this forum as a whole. I'm still even learning them..

later.
i'm sorry man but this is almost completely incoherent. i hope you're not an english major and stop saying "reefer," it's not the 1940's anymore.

godson: you're being ridiculous. you come in here with your poorly set up "experiment" then make post after post with excuses of why you're not getting any work done on it. then, when someone calls you out, you get all pissy. nmex is right on this one, calm the hell down.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:14 AM
B!tch We Got a Problem

tEh weed is affecting your mood. Cheer up, it's only the internet

Everyone has there own opinion's here, whether it's right or wrong.
Go smoke some hydro!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nice info. i was thinking about going back to stock, but i'm just too attached to the reuseable k&n cone filter. i also feel like in colder climates a HAI is still a strong setup.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:21 AM

Groundbreaking?....what are you guys 15? I dont give a **** what other people say and **** any of you that dont like it. I'm wasting space with my post?lol what a ****ing joke,you douche bags are wasting space by even getting involved. This is stupid, I said in my last post I was trying to end this as its stupid and a waste of everybodies time but here it goes on,now with some guy who had nothing to do with it,and can barely use the english language without stumbling all over himself,the guy who originally made some comments has since stopped simply saying to chill yet others are keeping it going........Ok one last time,its over,it was stupid to begin with and it was between me and one other member,nobody else,therefor as far as I'm concerned its over. It would nice if others could just let it be. I like this forum,I've recently bought my first Max and this was the first place I came and have been here everyday since. The stickies are great,they have already saved me at least a few hundred dollars in the "how-to" section alone. I dont wanna leave this forum,but I have some guys talking to me like I've never seen a forum before or something,I'm 27 man,this ain't my first dance. I read every sticky before making a post am prepared to be a donating member as I feel it only right for the sheer amount of info provided here,info that as you know is invaluable to the new max owner. I'm not this kinda guy, I hate forum arguments yet it seems that what I've got sucked right into here,and wanna put it to rest. Forget the hacked vs stock test runs, I thought it would be a cool "test" as it seemed pertinent to the thread,if you guys disagree,no big deal,its cool. I didnt think posting it would cause such a problem,nor did I believe freely talking about how and where I was going to do it was a problem but its cool,just put this rest guys,its not a big deal.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:50 AM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Groundbreaking?....what are you guys 15? I dont give a **** what other people say and **** any of you that dont like it. I'm wasting space with my post?lol what a ****ing joke,you douche bags are wasting space by even getting involved. This is stupid, I said in my last post I was trying to end this as its stupid and a waste of everybodies time but here it goes on,now with some guy who had nothing to do with it,and can barely use the english language without stumbling all over himself,the guy who originally made some comments has since stopped simply saying to chill yet others are keeping it going........Ok one last time,its over,it was stupid to begin with and it was between me and one other member,nobody else,therefor as far as I'm concerned its over. It would nice if others could just let it be. I like this forum,I've recently bought my first Max and this was the first place I came and have been here everyday since. The stickies are great,they have already saved me at least a few hundred dollars in the "how-to" section alone. I dont wanna leave this forum,but I have some guys talking to me like I've never seen a forum before or something,I'm 27 man,this ain't my first dance. I read every sticky before making a post am prepared to be a donating member as I feel it only right for the sheer amount of info provided here,info that as you know is invaluable to the new max owner. I'm not this kinda guy, I hate forum arguments yet it seems that what I've got sucked right into here,and wanna put it to rest. Forget the hacked vs stock test runs, I thought it would be a cool "test" as it seemed pertinent to the thread,if you guys disagree,no big deal,its cool. I didnt think posting it would cause such a problem,nor did I believe freely talking about how and where I was going to do it was a problem but its cool,just put this rest guys,its not a big deal.

Relax, understand where your coming from. People here just like busting ballz!
PEACE

As for the intake, do what ever you feel!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geo T
PEACE

Yea and thats cool and all but ya know what I mean?Just didnt think it was needed. I really dig this place and just didnt see the need for the harsh,coulda just said it wasnt a good idea,even though I still dont understand why not,but I'm not nor do I claim to be an expert here,so I'll take it as advice
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
seanish4042

Originally Posted by Geo T
PEACE

good post. although i agree with you godson that nmemax, or whatever it is, can sometimes be sarcastic/quick to pass judgement, he also is prob one of the most knowledgeable heads on here and has helped out a bunch of ppl.

no need for him to degrade half the people that post, but just relax.
honestly, its the internet, what can you do.

Quick Reply: Haked vs. Stock Intake 0-60 times