4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Budget Y soon (there'll be a big sale)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Budget Y soon (there'll be a big sale)

OK...i'm going to buy the budget y...with that ..i want to buy a b-pipe cuz i checked mine today and its all rusty n **** ...or maybe not..i'll decide that after installing the Y and the muffler...well when it comes to the muffler...i want to be
loud at idle/wot/and low a$$ rpms (1000-2000) there's a jetta with magnaflow catback here that vibrates my house when it passes by.

1) i checked borla..but no mufflers for maxima ... there's universal ones..which one fits ?

2) i checked magnaflow...no mufflers for maxima again...but ppl here buy them...which one do they buy ?...i searched (hey i donated ) but there's no specific info about the type

3) flowmaster is good ??? there're some complaints in forums

Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Shiver me timbers.

Buy a Civic and get it over with. A Maxima should not be loud. Wanna a loud car, get a Mustang GT.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Fre$h_TurK

when i meant loud ...i didnt mean like a truck man..dont get me wrong...i meant..i wanna be loud so that you could at least hear it at idle EXAMPLE...stock muffler is soooo quiet...n ppl say y-pipe dont make a difference..and hey,
.isnt it my car??... i should be able to do whatever i want with it...dont care about what others say

Old 08-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Shiver me timbers.

Originally Posted by Fre$h_TurK
when i meant loud ...i didnt mean like a truck man..dont get me wrong...i meant..i wanna be loud so that you could at least hear it at idle EXAMPLE...stock muffler is soooo quiet...n ppl say y-pipe dont make a difference..and hey,
.isnt it my car??... i should be able to do whatever i want with it...dont care about what others say

I have a Stillen cat back and I like the way it sounds, but it drones on the highway. If you want a loud exhaust, you need to get away from stock.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Fre$h_TurK

do u have a soundclip ???

BTW EVERYONE.............many of those links to the SOUND CLIPS do not work in the sticky....makes me really frustrated..

Old 08-02-2006, 08:37 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Wait about a week or so and lssexhaust (budget) is coming out with a quiet muffler that they're working on.
or
Dynomax Super Turbo #17747-2.25
#17748-2.50

I think your better off with Dynomax #17748, because lss muffler will be pricey!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:41 PM

Holy Sh********************** You Make Alot Of Threads.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Shiver me timbers.

do u have a soundclip ???

No I don't. 118 posts in one month. Org's new postwhore.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Fre$h_TurK

are they useful or not bro ......... stop sayin that crap im tired of it..please...everytime i ask a question i get everything bak but some answers...well thanks anyway

Old 08-02-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by maxfanfromohio
No I don't. 118 posts in one month. Org's new postwhore.
yeah man.
i mean 2 threads about basically the same subject, give it a rest. research
Old 08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Shiver me timbers.

are they useful or not bro ......... stop sayin that crap im tired of it..please...everytime i ask a question i dont get everything bak but some answers...well thanks anyway

Are what useful? You donated, you have the ability to search. Use it. There have been 8 milllion posts on different exhausts.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 PM
dot dot dot ...

Wsp Y, CP-B pipe, stock or A33 rear section.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Wild for Width

y-pipe-testpipe-unresonated-b-cannister muffler (think eBay)

That will be the loudest while still having a full setup.

Honestly if you want to see if you really WOULD like it loud, just take your muffler off. a y-pipe with an open stock b-pipe will not be horrible, but I will be loud. It will sound similar (I use this loosely) to a Mustang with flowmasters (at idle anyway). And when you are done, just bolt it back up.

I have heard Maxima's with custom 2.5'' setups that were louder than the above so it's worth a try.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Maxima Owner

measure the stock muffler and find a universal Mangaflow or Flowmaster of similar size and any muffler shop can weld it up
Old 08-03-2006, 04:25 AM

ummm......you're really not suppose to hear our cars when it idles, especially like a muscle car. what you are looking for does not exist. Even the honda's can't do that. Get a pure american muscle car, otherwise, goodluck on chasing the rainbow
Old 08-03-2006, 04:56 AM
What was that?

y-pipe,b-pipe,resonator,straight through muffler of choice. My flowmaster 40 grumbles at idle and sounds just mean while accelerating. It's just a little too loud from inside the car while cruising.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:30 AM
nart86

shut the hell up kiddo. ur such a ricer. please sell ur maxima and get a CRX or a civic with VVVVVVVVVVVV-tech

Old 08-03-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fr33way™
y-pipe-testpipe-unresonated-b-cannister muffler (think eBay)

That will be the loudest while still having a full setup.

Honestly if you want to see if you really WOULD like it loud, just take your muffler off. a y-pipe with an open stock b-pipe will not be horrible, but I will be loud. It will sound similar (I use this loosely) to a Mustang with flowmasters (at idle anyway). And when you are done, just bolt it back up.

I have heard Maxima's with custom 2.5'' setups that were louder than the above so it's worth a try.
fwiw: i don't have a y-pipe, but i did unbolt my muffler once for ***** and giggles (on the urging of my friend, who drives a mustang gt with a catback) and the tone was completely different from his car. there was no v8 growl, it was a definite v6 hum, g35ish but louder and duller, and it was still practically silent on idle.

your suggestion for a loud exhaust setup is pretty much spot-on though, that will be loud as hell.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:31 AM
shift_Puff

make 2 custom pipes, directly from the headers and each going behind one of the front wheels...it'll be loud at idle and it'll be really loud when u floor it. I think it adds about 35 horsepower and 600 lb ft torque

Seriously though, you if u read all the exhaust threads, you can see that everyone likes a quiet sounding exhaust at idle and loud at WOT. So why would u ask about something that would be loud?? We obviously did not try any of these setups and could only give you our thoughts on what would be loud. If you understand how exhaust systems work, you should be able to know what products to buy in order to have the sound you want. A straight through design muffler will be loud and the other popular ones most of us Orgers use are muffled(quiet). We can't tell u what to buy...u should know. And if u can search, keep searching, you WILL find something.