4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

quick HID question.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 AM
scoobystoned...

quick HID question.....

i am thinking about purchasing a Techone HID kit. i want to get 10,000K, does anyone have that color with pictures? is it pretty much pure blue, or some purple?
im planin on gettin a hi/low (bixenon) kit. is it worth it? or should i go with just low beams?
also, anybody have techone HID's? are they pretty good?
Old 08-09-2006, 10:29 AM

If you want color at least go with 8000K, 10000K is a terrible waste IMHO.
No kind of usually light whatsoever.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 AM

based on what he posted I think he is more interested in getting a blueish purple color. He is not concerned about the light output.Personally I would go with the 8000k.

Hey do you want projectors or are you just going to have it installed without them.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
heresmymind

8k on right.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:43 AM

get 6000... your already losing a good amount of light output at 6000
Old 08-09-2006, 12:21 PM
scoobystoned...

Originally Posted by Starsnstripes
based on what he posted I think he is more interested in getting a blueish purple color. He is not concerned about the light output.Personally I would go with the 8000k.

Hey do you want projectors or are you just going to have it installed without them.
im just gonna install without projectors. maybe someday i will get projectors, but for now, i just want regular lights with HIDs in em.
i think ill probably go with the 8000K, but since they are HID's, the light output still should be better than stock even with like a 12,000K kit right?? what i have now are cheap eurodezigns bulbs that dont put out ****.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:31 PM

I have 7k right now and they're blue enough for me but if you want bright blue then go with the 8k kit. 10k will be purplish. Heres a pic of mine.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by aih98max
im just gonna install without projectors. maybe someday i will get projectors, but for now, i just want regular lights with HIDs in em.
i think ill probably go with the 8000K, but since they are HID's, the light output still should be better than stock even with like a 12,000K kit right?? what i have now are cheap eurodezigns bulbs that dont put out ****.
I'm in the same boat you are in the 9004 sucks I don't know what nissan was thinking when they made them. I guess they figured the fog lights would compensate. Anyway I was debating of doing the same thing but some people were saying that the glare would be unbareable for oncoming drivers. That being said so many people drive around with their high beams as it is. Especially in my area.

Last year, a guy had a maxima like mine and we were on our way to school it was like 6 pm or something. His lights were lighting up the whole road and it was a great blue color.I wanted to ask him who he got his HID's from but I didn't get the chance. Go for it man and let me know and post pics.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:30 AM
scoobystoned...

ya im gonna do it soon. hopfully i will have enough money saved up by the end of next week. i think im going to get the 8000K or possibly 10000K Techone bi-xenon kit that is in the GD section right now. 270$, i dont think you can beat that, lol.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:52 AM

Yea go with at least the 6000's from what I have seen
Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 AM
heresmymind

6-8k are nice blue. the best for driving are the 5k with yellow filter. the bright golden yellow. best for fog and snow conditions.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by heresmymind
6-8k are nice blue. the best for driving are the 5k with yellow filter. the bright golden yellow. best for fog and snow conditions.
The funny part is, no one has EVER proven that yellow is better in bad weather. By your logic, why go with 5k? Why not go with 4100k or 4300k which are OEM (and closest to best output)? Atleast then you're losing the least amount of useable light.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:58 AM
scoobystoned...

Originally Posted by heresmymind
ya im gonna get some piaa yellow bulbs for my fogs
Originally Posted by Tantako
The funny part is, no one has EVER proven that yellow is better in bad weather. By your logic, why go with 5k? Why not go with 4100k or 4300k which are OEM (and closest to best output)? Atleast then you're losing the least amount of useable light.
Tantako, you seem to know your HID's. What color would a 10,000K bulb be? Would it just be really really bright blue? Or would there be some purple?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tatanko
umm, its common sence, why dont you try it sometime, go out in a snowstorm if you have them and drive with Any color hids above 5k. First of all your lamp will cover up with a snow shield in like 5 sec because HIDS do not give off heat, so in turn will not melt the snow layer on the lamp, which equals no light output on the road. I have no idea why you people think HID yellow fogs are any good in snowstorms, because yes they are bright as **** they cant clear the lense(aka heat). The best fog lamp in my opinion as an H3 bulb is the piaa Crystal IOn. It gets hot, but not to the point where it burns the light housing. So either do the capsule yellow stock bulbs or the piaa's but not the hid fogs because if you live where there is a snowstorm everyonce in a while you will have lots of fun especially on an highway with no auxilary lighting, and no other cars. Also as for the color 10k i agree with the rest it will be a mix of blue and pink, and if you want deep blue that is not it. 8k is the max deep blue you get. However I had those but they lacked light output. Which means you will look cool, but cant see anything on the road, because dark blue is close to black which most roads are, and will have some issues of seeing the road, also its proven that darker/blue/pink is more stressful on the eyes which is a pain to deal with driving far aways at night.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by AlpineGt66
umm, its common sence, why dont you try it sometime, go out in a snowstorm if you have them and drive with Any color hids above 5k. First of all your lamp will cover up with a snow shield in like 5 sec because HIDS do not give off heat, so in turn will not melt the snow layer on the lamp, which equals no light output on the road. I have no idea why you people think HID yellow fogs are any good in snowstorms, because yes they are bright as **** they cant clear the lense(aka heat). The best fog lamp in my opinion as an H3 bulb is the piaa Crystal IOn. It gets hot, but not to the point where it burns the light housing. So either do the capsule yellow stock bulbs or the piaa's but not the hid fogs because if you live where there is a snowstorm everyonce in a while you will have lots of fun especially on an highway with no auxilary lighting, and no other cars. Also as for the color 10k i agree with the rest it will be a mix of blue and pink, and if you want deep blue that is not it. 8k is the max deep blue you get. However I had those but they lacked light output. Which means you will look cool, but cant see anything on the road, because dark blue is close to black which most roads are, and will have some issues of seeing the road, also its proven that darker/blue/pink is more stressful on the eyes which is a pain to deal with driving far aways at night.
Hey Mr. Common Sense, I got my projectors IN THE DEAD OF WINTER. I live in PA, I know what HIDs are like in a snow storm. Truth be told, they aren't THAT bad. Why would I drive in a snow storm with anything higher than 5000k? Why would I have 5000k or higher to begin with, HIDs are meant to light the road better, not "look pretty." I also have projectors, which have a cutoff, and don't throw light everywhere. Besides, color temperature would have nothing to do with performance in poor weather, it doesn't scatter light any differently, it's just dimmer and a different color. My fogs don't do crap, they're just for show. Anyone's fogs without being aimed high and without HIDs and projectors and cleared lenses are useless.

The main reason those other colors are more stressful on the eyes is because they put out less light (although yes, I am aware that it has to do with your eyes as well). Also, about HIDs not producing heat, try lighting up an HID capsule for 2 seconds (literally, 2 seconds) and touch it with your bare skin, then we'll see what happens. My actual headlight lenses don't get all that hot, no, but that shouldn't matter if you're moving. How is snow going to pile up on your headlights unless you're sitting still?

aih98max, 10,000k will be blueish-purple. Please, go for 5000k or lower.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
nart86

I have 9000k and its blue with a very slight hint of purple.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
scoobystoned...

alright, thanks guys. ill prolly go with the 8000K, but i might not buy them for a couple of weeks.