4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PICTURE REQUEST: stillen lip kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Alright, first of all, there's an autofocus feature on your camera, I suggest you use it next time. The blurriness is not due to a slow shutter speed/you not being able to hold the camera still.

Second of all, your car will look no different now than when it's done, so don't start saying how you're going to show everyone how awesome it'll look by actually mounting your kit.

there's no autofocus...cam doesnt have it cuz its an old digicam..i believe i know about cameras a lot... so ... trust me...its cuz of the flash setting
Virtually every digital camera includes a flash-off setting. With very distant subjects, u can select this option. To prevent blur from camera shake during long exposures in low light, use a tripod or brace your elbows on something solid. (And unless you want motion blur for creative effects, avoid shooting a moving subject because it will be blurred during the long exposure.)

Third... keep in mind that you have mismatched rims, and a kit that looks like it's primered. You should finish one of these things before the other, and if you're spending $$ on a lip kit, I'm thinking maybe first you should go out and get another pair of rims. Otherwise you'll be driving a ghettobox around, and while you may know/think it's just a WIP, you will get laughed at.
pls read my first post... i do have 4 rims ...and im not saying it will look good even tho IT WILL ! lip kit changes the look imo

THANKS for replying tho

Old 09-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by SMX95
Yeahh... ummm, I was probably one of the 1st to get a stillen kit for my car. Its been on the car for 5 years now. Oh wait and I did get it installed and painted. hmm. right. You already know how it looks like because you wanted to buy it. Whatever happend to that G35 you were getting as a "present" ?
im getting it when i get into a good college
...im a senior now ...school started 3 days ago and i already wanna gtfo of there

btw can u please take some pics??? like around the wheeels the rears and open the door (take pics of the lower rocker panel)

Old 09-08-2006, 04:56 PM

My front and rear pieces are glued on with some really strong **** that is impossible by hand to break it off unless i hit a curb doing 15 mph. The side pieces are glues and also held on by screws. All hidden.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Fre$h_TurK

My front and rear pieces are glued on with some really strong **** that is impossible by hand to break it off unless i hit a curb doing 15 mph. The side pieces are glues and also held on by screws. All hidden.
it looks bad inside (hidden under the door) when u open the door rite?

Old 09-08-2006, 05:19 PM

You dont see anything.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Fre$h_TurK

You dont see anything.
oh wow...im really confused and in bad need for PICS !

Old 09-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Fre$h_TurK
oh wow...im really confused and in bad need for PICS !

WTH, Get off your @ss and place the sideskirt onto the car for a temp.visual. Its not that hard. The sideskirt will stay in place long enough for you too see how it goes on and whats needed attach to it.
It takes abot 15mins. to do the both sides.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Location: a charming town in Connecticut first settled in the 1600s
Old 09-09-2006, 01:26 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
WTH, Get off your @ss and place the sideskirt onto the car for a temp.visual. Its not that hard. The sideskirt will stay in place long enough for you too see how it goes on and whats needed attach to it.
It takes abot 15mins. to do the both sides.

It sounds like he needs someone to install it for him!
Old 09-09-2006, 03:08 PM

If you don't want the screws to be seen, can't you just paint them black so they blend in? Or you can leave them unpainted for a **BLING** effect.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hexon
If you don't want the screws to be seen, can't you just paint them black so they blend in? Or you can leave them unpainted for a **BLING** effect.

I have more of a flat screw set up. Painted gold to match my kit. It's hard to notice it. The front lip has taken its beating for 5 years and it going to get repainted/re glued. Not a fun thing to do while trying to take off old glue thats been there for soo long.