4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PICTURE REQUEST: stillen lip kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Fre$h_TurK

PICTURE REQUEST: stillen lip kit

could you guys take close up pictures of your car with stillen lip kit on it....i know how it looks but i want to see the pics of

- around the wheels..
- how 2 rear pieces are mounted.
-open the doors and take a REALLY close pic...

i'm going to install mine and i wanted to see how you guys did yours

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...bBbanger/RIMS/ <<< NOT INSTALLED.... just checked to see if black looks nice on sagemist green n new rims... pics are so bad....i forgot the flash option. oh well

Old 09-06-2006, 01:14 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Looks like someone needs to paint their lip.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Fre$h_TurK

i wont paint it...i like the look and thanks but i dont need ppl's opinions ...after the tints it'll look better....i was just asking for the pics

Old 09-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Fre$h_TurK
i wont paint it...i like the look and thanks but i dont need ppl's opinions ...after the tints it'll look better....i was just asking for the pics

So your going to leave the whole kit unpainted or just the lip?

Man, I used to catch hell from everyone about my car not matching but at least it was CF, I see more and more maximas rocking the unpainted lip now, but the whole kit I just dont know about.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
So your going to leave the whole kit unpainted or just the lip?

Man, I used to catch hell from everyone about my car not matching but at least it was CF, I see more and more maximas rocking the unpainted lip now, but the whole kit I just dont know about.
no..its painted black..it actually looks real nice..i'll take nicer pics tomorrow...btw ur max looks real nice...its unique

Old 09-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Boosted Panda

no..its painted black..it actually looks real nice..i'll take nicer pics tomorrow...btw ur max looks real nice...its unique

So you are going to leave the whole kit black?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Fre$h_TurK

So you are going to leave the whole kit black?
no i thought of painting the sides pink

Old 09-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Boosted Panda

no i thought of painting the sides pink

Go for it, wouldnt look any worse then having the black kit on it. Maybe if you had some other parts that were also black to help pull it together but with just the black kit its going to look a bit odd. The black lip looks okay, but the whole kit Id ont know. You'll be the first thats for sure.
Your ride, if you like it, go for it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Go for it, wouldnt look any worse then having the black kit on it. Maybe if you had some other parts that were also black to help pull it together but with just the black kit its going to look a bit odd.
Your ride though, if you like it, go for it.
without the tint it looked good to me.... after i get the tint i think it'll kidna match...thanks tho....so im guessing u can take some pics?..... i really need the ones i said up there ^^

Old 09-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Boosted Panda

without the tint it looked good to me.... after i get the tint i think it'll kidna match...thanks tho....so im guessing u can take some pics?..... i really need the ones i said up there ^^

i can take some pics, but I have the Ionic Kit, but should be real similiar.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Fre$h_TurK

i can take some pics, but I have the Ionic Kit, but should be real similiar.
ok thank u... i need like the pics around the wheel gap...and when u open the door

Old 09-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I Broke OT

lol those blurry pics hurt to look at! i would say paint the kit. would be a much much cleaner look. most mount theirs with 3M tape and some screws to really secure it in place.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
most mount theirs with 3M tape and some screws to really secure it in place.
yup, exactly how its done.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:55 PM

So you stink at picture taking I see?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Fre$h_TurK

i dont suck..lol...the cam's flash option wasnt on..and u have to be very still...which im sure no human being can do .. i'll get better pics soon ..

btw those rusted stuff on the pics...how can i get rid of those... i think they're mostly on the brakes

Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM

Damn your pics are blurry, I think black lips look good on SageMist Green.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by 99grnmaxgxe
Damn your pics are blurry, I think black lips look good on SageMist Green.
MA MAAAAAAN ! sagemist green is da best ! lol..

Old 09-06-2006, 03:03 PM

Seems like turk is pulling another honda civic move.

Slap on body kit parts and leave them black.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by SMX95
Seems like turk is pulling another honda civic move.

Slap on body kit parts and leave them black.
hah...imma laugh in ur face when im done with my car... lol ... uum ..yea black actually looks good..its not rice.... i guess u guys (except Flava_24/7 ) have no pics but a lot of bs to tell

Old 09-06-2006, 04:29 PM

hah...imma laugh in ur face when im done with my car... lol ... uum ..yea black actually looks good..its not rice.... i guess u guys (except Flava_24/7 ) have no pics but a lot of bs to tell
u got a lot to say boy. if u want highschool kids to stay away from your car and not key it up, i'd tone down the attitude kid.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by kbmaxima
u got a lot to say boy. if u want highschool kids to stay away from your car and not key it up, i'd tone down the attitude kid.
i like how u get back to old things...and u still remember about me ..lol... i'll f up anyone who keys it... they wont key it now cuz its stock rite now..but like next month..idk

Old 09-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Always sunny in philly

you spent all that money on it. at least paint it
Old 09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by Nismotic
you spent all that money on it. at least paint it
but it looks gooooood noooowww ..i wanna have sumthing different...pls lets not discuss the paint now... well u got a lip kit...take some pics and send them to me ??

Old 09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Always sunny in philly

but it looks gooooood noooowww ..i wanna have sumthing different...pls lets not discuss the paint now... well u got a lip kit...take some pics and send them to me ??
the lip kit probably looks good, but spend a little more to paint it and match your car and you'll like it 2x more. Trust me. if you're going all out then get it done right.

The front lip mounts at the sides (wheel well). You can use screws and double sided tape; i recommend both.

the sides are fairly easy. same concept as the front.

The rears were the most difficult. I don't have the kit anymore but ill see if i have any past photos
Old 09-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Fre$h_TurK

oh ok great... uumm ... i didnt even get how the rears sit on .... and sides look like a pain too...doors scratch them rite?...and the kit has holes on it

for the paint...i'll prep it myself and then take it to macoo here like next week...if the price is rite ..i'll think about painting..but man i really like black on green

Old 09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Boosted Panda

I didnt get a chance to snap pics,I'll try tomorrow. The sideskirts basicly snap into place and you secure them by attaching sheet metal screws through it at the inner fender wheel section. You can use double sided tape to secure it down along the lower rocker panel. The doors go over the side skirts, its close but they sit flush enough against the lower rockers that the doors clear.
The rears line up along the bottom side of the rear bumper. You use double sided tape to attach it to the bumper and screws to attach it to the inner fender section by the rear tire.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:07 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

IBdrunkcausepicsaresoblurryicantseelolol

trust us paint it make it match the car. but seriously its YOUR car who gives a cra* whether we like it or not...id give ya a pic but i dont have a lip my cars too low for one...
Old 09-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by Maxima-4DSC

trust us paint it make it match the car. but seriously its YOUR car who gives a cra* whether we like it or not...id give ya a pic but i dont have a lip my cars too low for one...
lol ur rite about that it is my car..lol ...and wow how low is ur car..waht is it sitting on?

Old 09-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Fre$h_TurK

I didnt get a chance to snap pics,I'll try tomorrow. The sideskirts basicly snap into place and you secure them by attaching sheet metal screws through it at the inner fender wheel section. You can use double sided tape to secure it down along the lower rocker panel. The doors go over the side skirts, its close but they sit flush enough against the lower rockers that the doors clear.
The rears line up along the bottom side of the rear bumper. You use double sided tape to attach it to the bumper and screws to attach it to the inner fender section by the rear tire.
thanks for the info...rears seem easy but sides are a lil trouble..i'll put these on while i put the wheels in

Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by Maxima-4DSC

How is your car too low for a lip when your only on S Techs?

Many members are on Coilovers and have lips and kits. Im on Sprints which are even with S techs if not a bit lower.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Boosted Panda

thanks for the info...rears seem easy but sides are a lil trouble..i'll put these on while i put the wheels in

Here is a pic of the lip where I screwed into the inner lower fender well.

I pulled that pic from an old post i had done.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....=lip+installed

You do the same for the side skirts and rears.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Fre$h_TurK

oo whaat....CF kit..thats sexy as hell... ok so tahts how u mount it...when u take it off..it leaves a hole there..

Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 PM

Yo Turk, you should check out GoalieKeg's Max, it's the same color and I think he has a black or CF lip.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Fre$h_TurK

Originally Posted by 99grnmaxgxe
Yo Turk, you should check out GoalieKeg's Max, it's the same color and I think he has a black or CF lip.
yea..he got the front with the same wheels i have but 17s http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/334896/2

Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 PM
VIP Maxima

Man, I used to catch hell from everyone about my car not matching but at least it was CF.

ur car looks tight as is.......

Old 09-07-2006, 06:49 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

. This guy again.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by VIP Maxima
ur car looks tight as is.......

Thanks, its come a long way.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Fre$h_TurK

No Pics Guys ?

Old 09-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Alright, first of all, there's an autofocus feature on your camera, I suggest you use it next time. The blurriness is not due to a slow shutter speed/you not being able to hold the camera still.

Second of all, your car will look no different now than when it's done, so don't start saying how you're going to show everyone how awesome it'll look by actually mounting your kit.

Third... keep in mind that you have mismatched rims, and a kit that looks like it's primered. You should finish one of these things before the other, and if you're spending $$ on a lip kit, I'm thinking maybe first you should go out and get another pair of rims. Otherwise you'll be driving a ghettobox around, and while you may know/think it's just a WIP, you will get laughed at.

But in the end it is your car, do whatever you like. Just be smart about it as opinions and tastes do change.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:53 PM

Yeahh... ummm, I was probably one of the 1st to get a stillen kit for my car. Its been on the car for 5 years now. Oh wait and I did get it installed and painted. hmm. right. You already know how it looks like because you wanted to buy it. Whatever happend to that G35 you were getting as a "present" ?

Quick Reply: PICTURE REQUEST: stillen lip kit