4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I love this max who's is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Originally Posted by JEXTEL
I guess I gotta do what i gotta do, to fit them
If you ask me, "what you gotta do" is spend your time, money, and effort bangin' some 17 year old chicks instead of cramming the biggest, stupidest rims possible on your car. But that's just me.

Either way, thank you for reminding me what high school kids in New Jersey are like.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by d00df00d
If you ask me, "what you gotta do" is spend your time, money, and effort bangin' some 17 year old chicks instead of cramming the biggest, stupidest rims possible on your car. But that's just me.

Either way, thank you for reminding me what high school kids in New Jersey are like.
I already have an 17 yr old chick that im banging...

But now im thinking of getting my car paint burnt orange with black 22's 5% all around and tinted corners and tails
Old 10-24-2006, 12:46 PM

Like I said... Whatever makes you happy.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:56 PM
i has college

All the other Max's I see when I browse around this forum feature the same mods as everyone else. This guy seems to have done some things that not everyone else has.
You talk like this is a good thing. Originality is good in some cases, but if you've ever heard the phrase "tried and true" it definately is the way it goes down with maxs.

You don't put 22's on a max. I'd never put 20's, personally. Lambo doors look ridiculous with an extra set behind them. He turned it from a car with lots of kick-in-the-pants potential to a ricey-looking show car that's slower than a 4-banger. If you think this is a good way to dress up a max, that's fine, but I'd laugh at that thing if I saw it roll down MY block.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:59 PM

lol this is my favorite part.
"PERFORMANCE:

1.INJEN COLD AIR INTAKE,BOUT TO CONVERTED INTO A CUSTOM DUAL INTAKE SETUP
2.STONED RACING HEADERS
3.WARPSPEED Y-PIPE
4.ALL CATS REMOVED
5.1995 MUSTANG 5.0 RESONATOR
6.UNDERDRIVE PULLY
7.ZEX WET KIT(UNINSTALLED)
8.HAYDEN TRANS COOLER
9.FLOWMASTER 80 SERIES MUFFLER FOR DUAL EHAUST SETUP(CUSTOMMAXIMA) "

i just want to know what a dual intake set up is...and i also want to know how much horsepower an uninstalled wet kit adds? i mean even if it was hooked up....he doesnt honestly think with 22" rims and a thousand pounds of stereo sh*t that he's going to go anywhere....right?
this isnt just about taste...this is about mentality.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:00 PM

is that a steering ball on the steering wheel?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:02 PM

lmao, i think i just threw up in my mouth
Old 10-24-2006, 01:04 PM

are you FUKN JOKING YOU DUMB SOB
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Maximoneypit

dey see me rollin
Old 10-24-2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by chillin014
"PERFORMANCE:

2.STONED RACING HEADERS
3.WARPSPEED Y-PIPE
4.ALL CATS REMOVED
6.UNDERDRIVE PULLY
8.HAYDEN TRANS COOLER

i just want to know what a dual intake set up is...and i also want to know how much horsepower an uninstalled wet kit adds? i mean even if it was hooked up....he doesnt honestly think with 22" rims and a thousand pounds of stereo sh*t that he's going to go anywhere....right?
Stone(d) Racing headers AND a Warpspeed Y-pipe? Good call.

I think the dual intake thing he's talking about is that stupid $40 no-name brand Fleabay special that is really just a section of cheap plastic pipe that branches off and has two filters on it. It's made to look like dual HKS Super Mega Flow filters on one of those adapters you see on single turbo-converted Skyline GT-Rs (so they can use both MAFs on one intake pipe).

Someone should race him with a bone stock auto 4th gen and show him what's up...
Old 10-24-2006, 01:49 PM
i has college

Someone should race him with a bone stock auto 4th gen and show him what's up...
Count me in :]
Old 10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally Posted by chuckd2k
I have always wanted to see what a maxima with lambo doors would look like
Looks like any other modded 4th gen Maxima crusing down the highway with the doors closed, which is how you normally see them. Obviously he's got a lot of $cash$ to waste.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That shift **** adds a lot of WHP too
Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 PM

tooooo much for a maxima...but then againn..when you have money you can do whatever you want. Me?...well, if I had the money, I'd spend it on something else than a Maxima.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:23 PM

not my syle at all, but I wish I had that money to put in my maxima
Old 10-24-2006, 02:23 PM

Me no likey the ricey.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:34 PM

Stone(d) Racing headers AND a Warpspeed Y-pipe? Good call.

I think the dual intake thing he's talking about is that stupid $40 no-name brand Fleabay special that is really just a section of cheap plastic pipe that branches off and has two filters on it. It's made to look like dual HKS Super Mega Flow filters on one of those adapters you see on single turbo-converted Skyline GT-Rs (so they can use both MAFs on one intake pipe).

yeah, stoned hahaha. i understand people who like stereo sh*t and show, but whats up with the "performance" crap. Does he honestly pop his hood at shows like that?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:07 PM
gblkrt09

top 5 ugliest cars of all time, not my style, never will be, props to that dude for having the huts to own something like that.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:10 PM

That'd be kinda hard to get your '85 jimmy to look like that....

Old 10-24-2006, 03:11 PM

I'm so dissapointed I looked at this thread......
Old 10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Sports Button FTW

take away the big *** rims, fill a little more gap and you have a nice *** looking maxima....no lie
Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 PM

first step to making that car look better: DRIVE IT OFF A DAMNED CLIFF, than whatever is left of the car set it on fire just to make sure noone tries to salvage anything off that car. than call the driver and tell him HOOD 600$ RIMS 3000 LAMBO DOORS 1350 DRIVING YOUR UGLYASS CAR OVER A CLIFF AND SETTING IT ON FIRE AND THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE AFTER SEEING IT: PRICELESS and then just for effect punch his gold teeth/grill out.

damned ghetto *******s,
his whole car reminds me of that stupid chamillionaire song

BTW
/painting your car orange is so like 2002
/and the huge rims make your car look like a bicycle
Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Administrator

rice rice baby
Old 10-24-2006, 05:08 PM

i love seeing these threads b/c everyone on this forum has the same exact dream maxima. yeh, its ur opinion , ur taste, but its only ur opinion b/c its the same opinion every other person on this org shares. when u ask their opinions they tell u to get wut they want u to get. and most people do it. when this forum sees something "different" they all put it down, when really u shouldnt b/c first, the guy has more money put into the car than every person in this thread put together, and that includes the 10 or so stock maximas in this thread. second, the guy worked hard for the money he put into it. u dont like it, okay, but its funny how every NON-maxima owner thinks its the hottest thing on earth.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaSpd85
i love seeing these threads b/c everyone on this forum has the same exact dream maxima. yeh, its ur opinion , ur taste, but its only ur opinion b/c its the same opinion every other person on this org shares. when u ask their opinions they tell u to get wut they want u to get. and most people do it. when this forum sees something "different" they all put it down, when really u shouldnt b/c first, the guy has more money put into the car than every person in this thread put together, and that includes the 10 or so stock maximas in this thread. second, the guy worked hard for the money he put into it. u dont like it, okay, but its funny how every NON-maxima owner thinks its the hottest thing on earth.
What he did might be practical on a ....suburban...
Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
gblkrt09

What he did might be practical on a ....suburban...
i agree or an escalade fo dem boyz in da hood.......

Old 10-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

no comment
Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM
KH3 by popular demand

I've seen this car before, last I saw it was when I looked in the dictionary under rice. Honestly, the fenders are okay and I like the stereo/av setups, but everything else has to go.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:41 PM

I can see how some of you people think this is just a case of elitism in this forum. So, let me break it down for you.

First, let's look at what the guy did to his car on the inside. Big car audio, lots of TVs, blah blah, we've all seen it before. Some like it, some don't. But the interior accents are crap, there's very little order and coordination to how everything's positioned, there's a lot of stuff for the sake of stuff, and some of the installs were horribly done. It's got enough crap in it to fill a show car, but it wasn't done like a show car. It just looks like someone's commuter that had all that stuff haphazardly crammed into it. So, even if you do like cars packed with ICE, if you're anything but a n00b this car looks silly at best.

But that's nothing compared to the outside. Anyone could go on forever about the tails, the body kit, the grille, etc., all of which makes it look like the owner just blindfolded himself, opened a random page of the APC catalog, and pointed at things until he had at least something for every body panel on his car. But two things really stand out. First: the Buick fender accents. Those were styling elements intended for a design that is nothing whatsoever like a Maxima, and they look completely out of place. The only way you could possibly think they look cool is if you think Buicks look cool and looking at the Maxima makes you think of a Buick. But... if the owner wanted people to look at his car and think of a Buick, why the hell would he have bothered with a Maxima?

The second thing that stands out -- and by far the dumbest thing on that car -- is the set of rims. I'm going to ignore how dumb they look sitting outside the wheel wells like that for now. They're big and heavy, so they will make the car more difficult, less comfortable, and much less safe to drive on public roads. Since they're so big, they also need those tiny tires, which will afford NO protection if the road gets bumpy. The first time that guy hits a pothole, he'll be kissing a $750 rim and a >$200 tire goodbye, guaranteed. And look what he had to do to fit them: he had to space them out so far that torque steer is going to be vicious, his suspension bushings and steering system are going to be ripped to shreds, and the car will get tugged around by imperfections in the road like a little puppet on a string. He's also forced to deal with stock ride height (if not more), which means that with all their size, the wheels still don't fill the wells. And after all that effort, they will STILL rub -- which, besides leaving little black marks all over his precious fenders and scoring grooves or ripping chunks out of his tires, can literally cause him to spin out violently if he hits just the right bump at just the right speed on the highway.

Cars are not supposed to be things you cram full of **** to impress people. They are supposed to go and stop and turn and carry people. THIS car has cost its owner a lot of money and is now worse at going, worse at stopping, worse at turning, and worse at carrying people. So, by definition, it is a really, really bad car. All for what? The shallow opinions of people who don't actually know anything about cars and will go nuts for anything shiny?

Hating is when you see someone with a red car and you don't like red so you make fun of him. This -- what you see in this thread -- is not hating. This is realizing when something is completely fawking stupid, and calling it as it is. Big difference.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by buttonhook
if you mean totally f up a car then your right. he's done it unlike anyone else!
*LOL*

All this trash talk because someone went out and did something original with their Max. There are all these cars on these forums with all the SAME mods and then comes some originality and everyone would rather bash it than notice how the guy actually spent some time and made a pretty sweet ride.

I don't get it... Anytime someone posts a thread that shows that amazing Stillen body kit they put on that hundreds of other people have, they get compliments. This guy goes out and goes a litter further than the Stillen body kit and he gets bashed.

???
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 PM

Heavier Rims = More rotational mass (1lb of rotational mass is like 8 lbs on curb weight)
22" Chrome Rims probably weigh like 70-80lbs. Stock max = 40lbs with tire.
That adds 30 to 40 pounds per wheel, converted thats and extra 960 to 1360lbs in curb weight! (Factoring in all four wheels)
Thats at best a 17.3-17.5 second quarter mile! Thats not even factoring in the compleate rape of the gearing, or all the extra audio equip.

So basicly what I'm getting at is mathamaticaly that car blows.

Edit: Looks like crap too
Old 10-24-2006, 09:06 PM

yeh, thats all good and everything but perhaps the guy doesnt care how fast he runs a quarter mile?
Originally Posted by supaneko
All this trash talk because someone went out and did something original with their Max. There are all these cars on these forums with all the SAME mods and then comes some originality and everyone would rather bash it than notice how the guy actually spent some time and made a pretty sweet ride.

I don't get it... Anytime someone posts a thread that shows that amazing Stillen body kit they put on that hundreds of other people have, they get compliments. This guy goes out and goes a litter further than the Stillen body kit and he gets bashed.

???
i agree with u but i think we're the only ones. lol , the car mite not be my style either but im definitely not gonna bash him and i give him props b/c i could only wish i could spend that kinda money and put so much work into a car.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:15 PM

three words. or tree words. fricken.knee.grow
Old 10-25-2006, 06:04 AM

i think the car looks very sick. man rims a little too big but everything look nice. i was also intersted in the lambo doors they dont look half as bad but i think on the next car i am probably gonna get suicide doors in the back. overall the car looks dope
Old 10-25-2006, 06:17 AM

Waste of money!!! I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing and feel bad for that poor Maxima.

-Nate
Old 10-25-2006, 08:59 AM

i just want to know one thing. who was the first one that said a maxima had to be a damn race car? the car is not that quick nor does the money spent on mods make it that quick. my feelings are this . . . if you want a fast car, buy a fast car, mod it and make it faster, whatever. if you buy a maxima, yeah you can mod it and make it quickER, but it over all is a sedan. i mean honestly who races a sedan? that's dumb to me. mountin big wheels and puttin thousands into audio to weigh down a car is normal. i bet more than 70% of the guys on here have heavy *** subs in their trunk. and yeah his car is flashy, but it looks damn better than ****** carbon fiber evreywhere. just my opinion, and i'll probably get flammed for this but whatev
Old 10-25-2006, 09:14 AM

honestly that is one of the ugliest maxima's i've ever seen......I hope the owner is near a roof so he could jump off, or hell tape a knife to a wall and run into it.....Maybe that will show him that your not suppose to do that to maxima's....
Old 10-25-2006, 09:21 AM

There's enough room for everyone to do what they want with their car. it doesn't suit my tastes, but it ain't my $$. Give him a break, y'all.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:21 AM

"PERFORMANCE:

2.STONED RACING HEADERS
3.WARPSPEED Y-PIPE
4.ALL CATS REMOVED
6.UNDERDRIVE PULLY
8.HAYDEN TRANS COOLER

FLOWMASTER MUFFLER?? HOW DOES THAT SOUND ON A MAXIMA???
Old 10-25-2006, 09:28 AM

Everyone keeps bashing the car on how slow the thing is!! And i agree the car is supper slow but at the same time everyone has goals on etheir max. He doesnt want to be fats he wants people to SEE him and if that yoru goal- then i admire that. It all comes down to taste and if thats not your taste then so be it. If it is then HELLA your are looking at a role model. Eithery way you look at it, its the owners taste and if they have the money to put BIG rims then so be it. Personally the car is not in my taste loose a couple of things and then we might start talking. Anyway interesting car.

Quick Reply: I love this max who's is it?