4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Smoked an Olds 442

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 10:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If I hadn't done it myself. I never would've believed it! It all started when I stopped at one of my local gas stations for petrol. All pumps were occupied, so I circled. An Oldsmobile 442 was also circling. We crossed paths and we gave each other, "The Look." The Olds looked to be in good condition. I lost track of the Olds. After leaving the gas station I headed for the freeway. There is a stop light before the two lane on-ramp. I was waiting for the green light. I looked to my left and there was the 442. He was revving his engine. When the light turned green, we both punched it. I couldn't believe it! I was pulling away. I was up to a car and a half length in front. I still could not believe it. When we made it on to the freeway, the Olds was starting to catch up. We had to slow down because of traffic. I'm all stock and automatic. No mods to the engine. I always read about you guys beating V-8's, and have been sceptic. Now I am a true believer. Maximas are Awesome!
Old 06-30-2001, 11:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NewMaxOwner
If I hadn't done it myself. I never would've believed it! It all started when I stopped at one of my local gas stations for petrol. All pumps were occupied, so I circled. An Oldsmobile 442 was also circling. We crossed paths and we gave each other, "The Look." The Olds looked to be in good condition. I lost track of the Olds. After leaving the gas station I headed for the freeway. There is a stop light before the two lane on-ramp. I was waiting for the green light. I looked to my left and there was the 442. He was revving his engine. When the light turned green, we both punched it. I couldn't believe it! I was pulling away. I was up to a car and a half length in front. I still could not believe it. When we made it on to the freeway, the Olds was starting to catch up. We had to slow down because of traffic. I'm all stock and automatic. No mods to the engine. I always read about you guys beating V-8's, and have been sceptic. Now I am a true believer. Maximas are Awesome!
I forgot to mention. It was about a 1969 Olds 442.
Old 07-01-2001, 08:27 AM
Disco Biscuit

Damn, god kill. The old muscle cars are sweet. I love the 442. Although I think you should have gotten your A$$ handed to you on a plate! That being said, I raced a guy in a Ford Falcone hotrod once, and it was a dead heat. He seemed a little ****ed off too.
Old 07-01-2001, 02:08 PM

i really doubt it .... i mean cmon the 442 came with the biggest GM motor ever put in a factory car a 455 big block, now the car is a boat on handling but with any sort of work done to your car and none done to it your car would still have been a speck in its mirror..... even if the car was an auto .....
Old 07-01-2001, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor

i duno man... 442s are hella fast... 0-60 in 5.8 no joke...
not to assault your story but i dont think the guy had the ***** to push that car... that thing is a rocket... maybe he was one of those foolz all lookin bad a** cuz they have a fast car but those who dont have the ***** to push it to its limit... besides that car is worth alot.. maybe he didnt wana push it... but u sure as hell ****ed him of haha
people drive fast cars... but dont know how to drive fast