4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Goup Deal on Bose CD Changer....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 04:08 PM
Naughty

Just wanted to know your guys thoughts on a Group deal for BOSE CD changers. Since many of us still have the Bose Head Unit and system.......what do you guys think?

-Sham

Old 07-02-2001, 04:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If you can get a deal on one that fits the oem harness. I'm in.
Old 07-02-2001, 09:42 PM

Count me IN!!!!

I've been looking so long to get a cd changer. Man if we can get a good deal, I'm in all the way
Old 07-04-2001, 01:50 AM
Naughty

Re: Count me IN!!!!

You guys think we can get a Group deal though the "CustomMaxima" site? Does anyone know him????

Old 07-04-2001, 06:08 AM
Kevlo for President

how many disk cd changer is it?
Old 07-04-2001, 06:10 AM

I would be in on that. I have been looking for a direct connect changer for bose for a long time. Dealer is too expensive.
Old 07-04-2001, 08:21 AM

You may want to move this to the GroupDeal forum instead of here. I've seen a few aftermarket and OEM changers on ebay before, that is the best place for prices I have seen so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1250929689

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1250946491
Old 07-04-2001, 12:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are there any changers that will fit in the glove box or under a seat or somewhere close to the drivers seat? I dont really want to have to go to the trunk. How hard are they to install?
Old 07-04-2001, 05:46 PM
Naughty

I think the OEM changer is 6 Disc and I have seen people put it in the Glove compartment before.........so how do we get a group deal started?....anyone has any hook ups?

Old 07-04-2001, 11:24 PM

I would suggest you talk to "BeeJay", he says he will sell the OEM-compatible Sherwood 6 CD changer for $150 to anyone that mentions maxima.org.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=48471
Old 07-05-2001, 08:46 AM
Naughty

We'll I e-mailed him....Haven't heard anything so Far...... any other ideas?

Old 07-05-2001, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by jay_x
You may want to move this to the GroupDeal forum instead of here. I've seen a few aftermarket and OEM changers on ebay before, that is the best place for prices I have seen so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1250929689

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1250946491
the second link the guy's name is bass, I know him, he says that if you guys want you can ALL get it for $130+S&H, he's trying to get rid of a lot of them, so if you want, contact me and I'll give you his info, he'll be glad in selling you the cd-changer

p.s. if you have a non-bose system you can get an indash 6cd changer from this website for $119 http://grubbsauto.com/
Old 07-05-2001, 08:58 AM
NickW

BOSE FYI

Just an FYI. THe Bose system in our cars is really a clarion head unit. Bose contracted them out for our car. If you call you local clarion distributor, he might be able to tell you what a direct fit is( but from what i understand, bose made clarion put a particular type of pin on our stereos so you could only use a BOSE changer specifiaclly mfg for our car.) THis is the reason why no after market units work with our head units.

-Nick

Old 07-05-2001, 09:05 AM
Naughty

Re: BOSE FYI

I thought "sherwood" would work with the Bose system. Can anyone confrim this?

Old 07-05-2001, 09:07 AM

Re: Re: BOSE FYI

Originally posted by Naughty
it does, I just bought one and will be installing it in my car, I'm getting it on sat, I'll let you all know
Old 07-05-2001, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by NickW
Is this something new from Sherwood. I had stopped lookin a year ago.
No I had seen it 1 1/2 years ago as in my earlier post. The only special thing is the connector. Since these Sherwoods have the same connector as the OEM they are 100% compatible. They were being sold by www.discountcarstereo.com more than a year ago for about $300
Old 07-05-2001, 09:15 AM
NickW

Re: Re: Re: BOSE FYI

Is this something new from Sherwood. I had stopped lookin a year ago.

Old 07-05-2001, 09:16 AM

Re: Re: BOSE FYI

Yes it Does work with the Bose.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:21 AM

Just an FYI. THe Bose system in our cars is really a clarion head unit. Bose contracted them out for our car.
Correct.

If you call you local clarion distributor, he might be able to tell you what a direct fit is
Incorrect. They will ask you to go to the Dealer. I have done that

( but from what i understand, bose made clarion put a particular type of pin on our stereos so you could only use a BOSE changer specifiaclly mfg for our car.)
Correct

THis is the reason why no after market units work with our head units.
Incorrect. Sherwood and USA Spec units work as they have the exact same connectors as the OEM Changer.

BTW I have the OEM changer. At the time I bought mine the Sherwood was the only one I knew about. They wanted $275 for it and I paid $283 for OEM as they were on Sale. If I was getting a Changer in $130 as Vinipuxs has mentioned then I would get it. It is a hot deal for a OEM compatible 6 Disc changer. Less than half of what I paid 1 1/2 years ago for the OEM.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:22 AM
NickW

I had stopped looking bc Nissan wanted $500 for the changer and all the audio shops around here said it was useless. Where do I go to get the Sherwood?

-Nick

Old 07-05-2001, 09:27 AM
NickW

Re: Re: Re: Re: BOSE FYI

Thanks for the info guys.....
Next question..is the Sherwood reliable?? Known problems?
Is it better then oem?

Thanks again..
-Nick

Old 07-05-2001, 09:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOSE FYI

Thanks for the info guys.....
Next question..is the Sherwood reliable?? Known problems?
Is it better then oem?

Thanks again..
-Nick

well, buy one and find out, I'm getting out this sat, and if you all want you can wait and find out, or give the guy bass a call and get one yourself or he'll run out of them and you'll have to pay 3 times for the same thing. good luck
Old 07-05-2001, 11:15 AM

How much did you get it for?
$130
Old 07-05-2001, 12:20 PM
Naughty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOSE FYI

https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/...Kinds_284.html

This site has it for $179

Old 07-05-2001, 12:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOSE FYI

https://ssl.autocenter.net/webparts/...Kinds_284.html

This site has it for $179
WHY WHY WHY would you pay 180 for that thing if you could pay 130???? please explain this to me
Old 07-05-2001, 12:50 PM

Explanation

Originally posted by Vinipux

WHY WHY WHY would you pay 180 for that thing if you could pay 130???? please explain this to me
That site has the OEM changer for $180. So, the skeptical people who think that the Sherwood might not work can buy that one and install it I guess.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:57 PM

Re: Explanation

Originally posted by dvpatel99se

That site has the OEM changer for $180. So, the skeptical people who think that the Sherwood might not work can buy that one and install it I guess.
well, then wait a couple of days, I'll install it and tell you all if it works
Old 07-05-2001, 01:11 PM

it does, I just bought one and will be installing it in my car, I'm getting it on sat, I'll let you all know
i'm in let me know i'll buy one
Old 07-05-2001, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by legend1180
i'm in let me know i'll buy one
ok, I'll make a big post in 4th gen and general gen forums if it works

Konstantin
Old 07-05-2001, 01:13 PM

i'm in

let me know if you can get a deal i'm in
Old 07-05-2001, 01:16 PM
Maximus1997SE

CD-R Compatible?

If these CD Changers will play CD-R's then I am most definately IN!!! I heard the Clarion/BOSE Changer does NOT play CD-R's. If this Sherwood does play CD-R then I am in.

Maximus1997SE

Old 07-05-2001, 02:09 PM
Naughty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BOSE FYI

Didn't you get the $130 from an Auction? is there a website you can get it for at that price?

Old 07-05-2001, 06:42 PM

I want In....

Hey Guys, I want in. Vinipux can you e-mail me the info to get that cd changer for $130. I've been looking for a while to get it cheap. The dealer charges way too much.

Thanks a lot!

MDM
Old 07-05-2001, 07:25 PM

Re: CD-R Compatible?

Originally posted by Maximus1997SE
If these CD Changers will play CD-R's then I am most definately IN!!! I heard the Clarion/BOSE Changer does NOT play CD-R's. If this Sherwood does play CD-R then I am in.

Maximus1997SE
Who said that the Clarion/BOSE changer does not play CD-Rs??????? I have the stock Clarion/BOSE changer and All I play is CD-Rs. I burn every Indian CD and play it in the changer (Please don't tell the copyrights people though )

It works like a charm. The only thing is that I always use the SONY CD-Rs so I cannot say about other cheaper brands. I use Sony CD-Rs and have yet to see a problem in the Changer or the Stock Bose radio.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:21 PM

OK, I'm kinda confused. If the Nissan 6-disc changer works with both the Bose and non-Bose head unit, then the Sherwood changer should work with either as well, correct?

From that assumption, I would assume that any changer that works with the non-Bose head unit would work with the Bose head unit.

So then, if the Nissan In-Dash 6-disc changer works with the non-Bose, why wouldn't it work with the Bose if it used the same DIN connector?

Just wondering. Thanks.

-V
Old 07-05-2001, 09:43 PM

How does the plug to the Bose look? I have a double din that looks like the bose but has a changer plug that is square and off to the corner it is a white plug. I was planning on putting an indash changer under the double din in the hole where the slip with the door sits. if my plug matches the indash I'd rather have a changer right infront of me; rather than the trunk. Has anyone done this yet? will the plugs match a cd/tape that isn't a Bose?
Old 07-05-2001, 10:29 PM

Originally posted by vmok
OK, I'm kinda confused. If the Nissan 6-disc changer works with both the Bose and non-Bose head unit, then the Sherwood changer should work with either as well, correct?

From that assumption, I would assume that any changer that works with the non-Bose head unit would work with the Bose head unit.

So then, if the Nissan In-Dash 6-disc changer works with the non-Bose, why wouldn't it work with the Bose if it used the same DIN connector?

Just wondering. Thanks.

-V
There are a couple types of OEM 6 disc changers, the newer kind is in-dash, and it's not compatibile with the Bose system at all. The Bose and non-Bose headunits have TOTALLY different connectors for pretty much everything.
Old 07-06-2001, 05:45 AM

Originally posted by vmok
Correct

Wrong Assumption. It works because the 2-DIN Bose and Non-Bose have the same cd changer controller hence the changer is compatible.

This is an assumption on my part. On the in-dash changer the controls are on the changer and so you will have dual controls and the Changer Controlling mechanism in the head unit will get messed up. I am willing to bet that the in-dash one will not work with the non-Bose 2-DIN head unit that we get on the base SE as well! That seems to be the only logical explanation. I called the dealer and he said that the thing will NOT work with the BOSE
Old 07-06-2001, 08:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by dvpatel99se

Correct

Wrong Assumption. It works because the 2-DIN Bose and Non-Bose have the same cd changer controller hence the changer is compatible.

This is an assumption on my part. On the in-dash changer the controls are on the changer and so you will have dual controls and the Changer Controlling mechanism in the head unit will get messed up. I am willing to bet that the in-dash one will not work with the non-Bose 2-DIN head unit that we get on the base SE as well! That seems to be the only logical explanation. I called the dealer and he said that the thing will NOT work with the BOSE

I ordered the OEM changer from www.nissanparts.cc (BTAG online) for $179 and will be installing it next week. I called the site (they are a Nissan dealer in Wa.) and they assured me that the changer will fit the Bose. I know it could be less from that sea-bass guy but OEM is usually dependable. I have had many systems through the years, many much more expensive, but this Bose rocks pretty well! I might add a selfpowered base box w/crossover, and maybe change the tweets, but thats it. I'll post to let everyone know how it went.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:11 AM
Naughty

Just ordered the CD changer from the same Place for $179 + Shipping. The guy said the Changer will work with the Bose system in the Maxima..and that is only has a few left in stock...so all you people looking for the Changer...this is a good price for OEM.....

Quick Reply: Goup Deal on Bose CD Changer....