4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Friday, I DROP THE MODERATING HAMMER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Friday, I DROP THE MODERATING HAMMER!!!

If I see one more of you people gripe in a post about noobies, and you did not report the post to me, you are gone. Goodbye, see you later.

I am tired of you people griping about noobies posting, but I only get one or two reported posts a week. That is it. I am in here EVERY DAY trying to read as many threads as I can. I miss some of the posts.

NO MORE RESPONDING TO OT NOOBIE POSTS. You need to report them to me. End of story.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:39 PM

you forgot this......
Old 02-08-2007, 02:44 PM

phenryiv1 TAKING CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Kevlo for President

Need some help
Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Let 'em have it............
Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Geo T
Let 'em have it............
Only 700+ posts?? NEWB!!!!

TGIT
Old 02-08-2007, 03:45 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Originally Posted by 2da mizzax
Only 700+ posts?? NEWB!!!!

TGIT

.....o my...you only have 54 more than me...you've been here a year longer...only 835 posts!!! NEWB!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

you forgot this......
I carry my own.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Wild for Width

So are we just to report every single redundant thread that would otherwise be filled with flack from members saying things like "search" or trying not to spoonfeed?

Not going against what you are saying, but there will be ALOT of threads reported.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Fr33way™
So are we just to report every single redundant thread that would otherwise be filled with flack from members saying things like "search" or trying not to spoonfeed?

Not going against what you are saying, but there will be ALOT of threads reported.
No. I can see those (based on title) on my own. I mean that if post #12 in a thread is WAY off of the original post, report it.

If you ignore the redundant posts, I will see them and get rid of them, or I will delete them. If people want to be helpful to nobies, post links to where they should be posting- or post a link to the thread where their "new" post will at least be remotely on-topic.

And that you for at least asking. Most of you guys in here care about how this forum runs. I appreciate that.

If nothing else, link them to the "Noobies with a question" thread.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM

I think you meant to type:

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
...... If people want to be helpful to noobies, ........
Do we have a moderators moderator?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:40 PM

...... If people want to be helpful to noobies, ........

Old 02-08-2007, 06:47 PM

How do we report posts? (haha you cant yell at me for asking a n00b question!)
Old 02-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

At 9:39, you typed:

At 9:40, you typed:

What is the matter? Are you retarded?

Are you TRYING to pi$$ me off?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by LeVeL
How do we report posts? (haha you cant yell at me for asking a n00b question!)
The "yield" sign in the lower left corner of the user information that is at the right of each post.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Kevlo for President

DUDE, make me a temp mod
Old 02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

At 9:39, you typed:

At 9:40, you typed:

What is the matter? Are you retarded?

Are you TRYING to pi$$ me off?

.......he must be a .....LOL
Old 02-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Kevlo911
DUDE, make me a temp mod
PM sprint. I don't have teh powah!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:13 AM

No. I can see those (based on title) on my own. I mean that if post #12 in a thread is WAY off of the original post, report it.

If you ignore the redundant posts, I will see them and get rid of them, or I will delete them. If people want to be helpful to nobies, post links to where they should be posting- or post a link to the thread where their "new" post will at least be remotely on-topic.

And that you for at least asking. Most of you guys in here care about how this forum runs. I appreciate that.

If nothing else, link them to the "Noobies with a question" thread.
I agree completely. To me, if a person flames a newb in any way, it is not only ignorant, but makes them worse for not helping a new member out. We were all newbs at one point (Do you take a old ladies walker and throw it down the road, or open the door for them-c'mon guys).

Not all of us have the time, or the internet access privileges (like me) to post a million replies. I love this place, I do what I can to contribute when I can and I choose my posts wisely. This is a golden ticket to whoever is like me. By that I mean, I love my car, pretty much obsessed, I read about it, learn about it, and admire the different things to do to it. That is what is so great here. We all have the same love (our car) but all different tastes. The newbs will always need a starting bump to get going here, some direction. Just point them in it. Lend a helping hand.

Point is, like phenryiv1 said, these guys are new, we are a community with 1 major piece in common, help them, if you do not like what they post and cannot help, give it to a MOD if it is that bad or LEAVE IT ALONE. I know there are some ridiculous posts, but the mods always take care of them. They keep us civilized and keep this place respectable and useful, but most of all, a fun and comfortable place to hang out, trade ideas and solve problems. They have enough work to do, don't make it harder for them.

Peace
-Sean
Old 02-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Guys, the point here is that I am a 30 year old married man with a 3 month old. I have family obligations and cannot sit on here and play thread police all day. On top of that, I actually have a full time job (gasp!) at the Department of Homeland Security, and I cannot be trolling the org all day while I am supposed to be working.

I see posts during my several passes through here, but I don't have the time, energy, or desire to read every post of every thread. Some jumped on me a few weeks ago because they reported a post at around 5:00 PM and I did not deal with it until the morning. TOO BAD. You people can live with some stupid posts for a few hours. I promise you- you won't die. When I see them- particularly if you have reported them to me- I will deal with them AS I SEE FIT. Like I said before- either link them to where they should be or just ignore them.

I have NEVER been a part of another forum that has as many problems with members as this place. I have enough trouble keeping the n00bies on track- I don't need to waste my time policing the more experienced members as well.

To those who play along- thanks. To those who don't- I (we) won't miss you.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 AM

what about the 4 other mods assigned to this group, what are they doing to help you?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by BluFlame
what about the 4 other mods assigned to this group, what are they doing to help you?
Good question. Sonic, Bags, deezo, matt calder, and myself have all been in here for a long time. At one point or another, we ALL owned 4th gens. I had 2, myself. I know that for the most part, we have moved on. My last 4th gen was hit by a dumptruck in October of 2004. Since then, I have remained a mod only because Sprint left me here.

When you no longer have a particular vehicle, you simply don't spend as much time in the forums devoted to that vehicle. I spend time on my Sentra forums, car audio forums, and here. I know that at least 3 of the 4 other mods no longer own 4th gens, and therefore spend less time in here. On top of not having a REASON to be here, we all have other things to occupy our time- work, family, the real world, etc.

I try to spend time in here from time to time, but it is not as much as I used to. It is the same way for the other mods. For the most parts, once a moderator is appointed, they are ALWAYS a moderator in that forum. There are moderators still on the rolls on this site who have not posted in 2-3 YEARS. On paper, they are still mods. In reality, they are not. That is the case here. If Sprint adds another mod to this forum (as he did in the I30 subforum), he probably will not remove any. So while it will look like we have 6 mods in here, we really will not.

The shame is, like I said before, I have NEVER been a part of another forum that has as many problems with members as this place. I don't know why this is, but it is...
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Revoke moderating privelages from those mods that don't have maximas and don't go here any more and make new mods.... ones that have maximas now and go on this forum a lot. I understand you perfectly when you say that you're annoyed with the fact that you have to baby a few hundred people in your free time
Old 02-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Revoke moderating privelages from those mods that don't have maximas and don't go here any more and make new mods.... ones that have maximas now and go on this forum a lot. I understand you perfectly when you say that you're annoyed with the fact that you have to baby a few hundred people in your free time
I don't have a Maxima. Should I be dropped as a mod? Neither does Doug...should he shut down the site?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:25 PM

No, I said mods that dont have maximas and dont go here any more... you're clearly here, and I dont know who Doug is lol
Old 02-09-2007, 03:30 PM

The site has basically taken on a life of its own, which isn't so bad. There are enough people and cars to keep it going. But it DOES get interesting in here sometimes. Just as in everything else, a little law is necessary; just as in real life.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

No, I said mods that dont have maximas and dont go here any more... you're clearly here, and I dont know who Doug is lol
Doug is Sprint. He owns the site.

Thanks for the clarification. I was not challenging you- everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Doug owns the place. I just help him run it.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Droppin logs

I'll be happy to see some order spread here... Although I've been guilty from time to time of flaming the n00bz but I think most of it was done because it appeared the 4th gen forum was like Lord of the Flies.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by D-Bo
I'll be happy to see some order spread here... Although I've been guilty from time to time of flaming the n00bz but I think most of it was done because it appeared the 4th gen forum was like Lord of the Flies.
Thats because the majority of the people on this website own 4th gen Maxima's.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:47 PM

Heh, I'll help ya moderate the forum whenever Im not moderating mine lol
Old 02-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Bumping for visibility.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 AM

I wonder what the Uncle is doing about this?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by BluFlame
I wonder what the Uncle is doing about this?
Doug? 10char
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 PM

yes uncle-sprint, 4th gen subforum is the largest on the .org and i think it requires more supervision.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 PM

you mentioned that you have never had as many problems with members as on this site. Do you mean in the 4th gen forum in regard to noobs? please explain that, because I really like most of the .org. I dont appreciate all of the flaming of noobs either but I have learned a whole lot and people have been really helpful too.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:56 PM

If I see one more of you people gripe in a post about noobies, and you did not report the post to me, you are gone. Goodbye, see you later.

I am tired of you people griping about noobies posting, but I only get one or two reported posts a week. That is it. I am in here EVERY DAY trying to read as many threads as I can. I miss some of the posts.

NO MORE RESPONDING TO OT NOOBIE POSTS. You need to report them to me. End of story.
so this has no relevance if people going OT over a personal preferance(WHEELS,STEREO, PAINT, KITS, ENGINE MODS ETC), it's geared more towards the people bashing newbs for not searching first?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
so this has no relevance if people going OT over a personal preferance(WHEELS,STEREO, PAINT, KITS, ENGINE MODS ETC), it's geared more towards the people bashing newbs for not searching first?
No, it is a bit of both. I get p!$$ed when people make the stupid first post, but if they don't get answers, they will eventually stop posting. I see those threads and lock them as quickly as I can.

There are times that people may be asking an opinion question that is fine. I mean, we may all have different opinions, but as members of a COMMUNITY of Maxima owners, we may have opinions that the original poster may want to hear. I know that you have been a part of threads where I discuss how modifying a car is a personal choice, but at the same time, I respect that some people may want to solicit the opinion of other members from time to time. As I said in my post about improving the 4th gen subforum, it is YOUR forum as much or more than it is mine. If people want opinions, I can accomodate that.

I DO get mad when people bash n00bies in posts about "I want a y pipe which one my budget is $30 and I want it to be m@D f@$+, y0!" Just ignore these people, report the post, and I'll deal with it. The same with noobies making OT posts in existing threads because they did not bother to read the 15 posts rule. If people ask a LEGIT question in a new thread, then either link tham to the right information, report the post (so that I can merge it with an existing thread), or ignore the post altogether.

BTW: NOT trying to be a pr!ck, but your sig pic is waaaay to big. Please resize it.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:24 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by matts95max
you mentioned that you have never had as many problems with members as on this site. Do you mean in the 4th gen forum in regard to noobs? please explain that, because I really like most of the .org. I dont appreciate all of the flaming of noobs either but I have learned a whole lot and people have been really helpful too.
The whole org...but the 4th gen subforum has some of the WORST offenders.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:23 PM

No, it is a bit of both. I get p!$$ed when people make the stupid first post, but if they don't get answers, they will eventually stop posting. I see those threads and lock them as quickly as I can.

There are times that people may be asking an opinion question that is fine. I mean, we may all have different opinions, but as members of a COMMUNITY of Maxima owners, we may have opinions that the original poster may want to hear. I know that you have been a part of threads where I discuss how modifying a car is a personal choice, but at the same time, I respect that some people may want to solicit the opinion of other members from time to time. As I said in my post about improving the 4th gen subforum, it is YOUR forum as much or more than it is mine. If people want opinions, I can accomodate that.

I DO get mad when people bash n00bies in posts about "I want a y pipe which one my budget is $30 and I want it to be m@D f@$+, y0!" Just ignore these people, report the post, and I'll deal with it. The same with noobies making OT posts in existing threads because they did not bother to read the 15 posts rule. If people ask a LEGIT question in a new thread, then either link tham to the right information, report the post (so that I can merge it with an existing thread), or ignore the post altogether.

BTW: NOT trying to be a pr!ck, but your sig pic is waaaay to big. Please resize it.
sig pic fixed. i think that there are way too many post ****** in the 4th gen forum that just want to get their 2 cents into every thread. then it turns into an OT pissin contest. i think most normal people try to resolve their differences without adding more work for you by reporting it, but it seems that alot of the times it's the last straw that gets the blame for the fight, not the ones that were fanning the flames. i have to admit, i try to stay out of the .org because of alot of the bs negativity. its uncalled for and it keeps people that would otherwise be new members away.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
i have to admit, i try to stay out of the .org because of alot of the bs negativity. its uncalled for and it keeps people that would otherwise be new members away.
The fact that someone who has clearly put so much time, effort, and expertise into their car wants to stay away because of a few @$$holes tells me that as an ORGANIZATION, we have a lot of room to improve.

Quick Reply: Friday, I DROP THE MODERATING HAMMER!!!