4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

gr2's with Tien h-tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 AM

gr2's with Tien h-tech

Any one have this set up? gr2's with Tein h-tech? Dat is wat i have now.. its TOO STIFF... and tOO LOW..did i do something wrong? or is that just how that particular setup is?
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 AM

h techs shouldnnt be that low s techs r the low ones
Old 02-10-2007, 11:32 AM

first off, I never understood the slang used on here. Confuses me too much. Online lingo is one thing but online slang is just too hard to understand.

You should de some research on suspension. You have a very bad combo on your car. gr2s are actually worse than stock and putting them on a lower spring will make it even worse. The setup itself is bad not your car. Get rid of the gr2s and find another set of struts. No need to change it all at once. See how the h-techs ride on something else. And as lightsout said, h-techs shouldnt be that low at all. 1" or so. did you put them on or did you buy it that way?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I Broke OT

with any suspension setup that's not stock, you are gonna to have a stiffer ride. gr2s are not the most comfortable strut either. the h-techs also should only be a mild drop of about an inch. i would suggest replacing the gr2s with Tokico HP Blues. they will be just a bit stiffer than stock, but more comfortable than the GR2s. they will be able to handle a mild drop, such as the h-techs.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

This thread is retarded. Can I have my 45 seconds back?
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 AM

will kyb-agx be better?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:06 AM
I Broke OT

hardly. kybs always seem to ride harsh. try searching or reading one of many suspension related threads.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:39 AM

well well well

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
This thread is retarded. Can I have my 45 seconds back?
you think all threads are dumb. what a surprise. maybe if you had some input instead of negativity the threads and your knowledge would be better attributes.

agx's will be good if you run them on fully soft. if you want a softer ride, the best thing to do is get stock suspension. almost any aftermarket strut spring setup will be stiff. good luck with it bro
Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by jltibbs
you think all threads are dumb. what a surprise. maybe if you had some input instead of negativity the threads and your knowledge would be better attributes.

agx's will be good if you run them on fully soft. if you want a softer ride, the best thing to do is get stock suspension. almost any aftermarket strut spring setup will be stiff. good luck with it bro
wow taking that tone with a moderator is ballsy. Careful might get . He has to deal with these threads all the time. There are so many suspension threads it shouldn't even be asked. But since you know better than the mod I guess he should apologize for getting upset with it.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
wow taking that tone with a moderator is ballsy. Careful might get . He has to deal with these threads all the time. There are so many suspension threads it shouldn't even be asked. But since you know better than the mod I guess he should apologize for getting upset with it.
my fault guys.. mod dont do nething to him.. im still a noob to this whole aftermarket thing..
Old 02-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Under the radar

I just got KYB AGX's struts with Tein S-Techs, and i dont feel or see how the ride is rough. I have them set to about medium stiffness, maybe im young and dont care for a "cushy" ride.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Here is the problem- WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CAR. How can we accurately advise him as to what he needs if we don't know how he drives, what his budget is, his rim/tire size, how his roads are, or any of his other mods.

I get tired of answering post asking the same thing that I have PERSONALLY explained DOZENS of times. I have personally run, installed, and driven over a DOZEN different suspension setups on 4th gens, plus a half dozen more on 5th gens. I have posted extensive information about my impressions of KYB GR-2s, AGXs, Tokico HPs, and Tokico Illuminas. I have also reviewed H&Rs, Eibachs, Tein H AND S Techs, and Tokico springs.

I have posted info about them in different road conditions, temperature patterns, and I have reviewed them whith costs in mind or with cost being no option.

So if I have little patience for a post asking for the same information that I- and HUNDREDS of other members- have posted hundreds of times, too bad.

Because the original poster is fairly new, I was nice enough to not lock the thread. You seem to have it all figured out, however, so from here on out please feel free to post of PM me to let me know any time you think that you could do a better job than I can.

And by the way- with him driving in New Jersey, I would not recommend AGX struts due to their sensitivity to cold temps.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:16 PM

you're right patrick, we don't know all his circumstances. that's still no reason to call it retarded. some guided instructions would be plenty. things like that turn people away. if you're wondering why i didn't pm you it's cause i don't feel i can do a better job than you, but maybe my people skills are a tad bit better. you're 30.

hopefully i won't be banned for speaking out.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

you're right patrick, we don't know all his circumstances. that's still no reason to call it retarded. some guided instructions would be plenty. things like that turn people away. if you're wondering why i didn't pm you it's cause i don't feel i can do a better job than you, but maybe my people skills are a tad bit better. you're 30.
Not that I owe you or anyone else any explaination as to how I mod this forum, but since it has been discussed lately, and because I AM open to criticism (because you guys do often point out ways that I can improve), but I do often make a "useless" post in a thread. Why? Because then I can watch the thread (subscription) and the people who are posting in it KNOW that I am watching it. If a bad thread gets worse, I can see it and lock it. If a good thread goes bad, I can do the same. This actually helps control the flow of the various threads and often prevents them from getting out of hand.

If a good thread STAYS good, I can know that it is there to merge NEW threads on the same subject with that thread. I do that often, but most people don't see or notice that.

Like you said- I am 30. I have a wife and a newborn and a job and a few forums that I frequent due to my current vehicles. Modding the org i not a paying gig. I do it because I really love moximas, and I want to give back to the forum that helped me enjoy all 3 of my Maximas. If i don't have time to retype a book on a subject that I have covered over and over before, then maybe I should just go back to letting people start 47 threads a day asking about neon washer nozzles, ebay intakes, and dropzone coilovers.