4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

IMPORTANT info about the STICKY threads- PLEASE READ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

IMPORTANT info about the STICKY threads- PLEASE READ!!!

As many of you may have noticed, the Sticky threads are currently a huge mess.

The reason for this is that I am in the process of revising the sticky threads and trying to develop a host site for all pictures needed in the write-ups. I will be creating a Photobucket site where I will host ALL of the needed pics (since ones hosted on private/personal sites are often taken down if the person sells the maxima and moves on).

This is a slow process, as I am doing it in my spare time. As soon as I find anything that needs to be added or edited, I will edit the existing threads and add in the pictures. In the meantime, if you find any pictures or write-ups that would be helpful, please let me know.

I have another request- and one where I really need your help. As you encounter write-ups, diagrams, lists, etc., please try to let me know where the good information is. Also, if a post in the sticky threads has dead LINKS, please REPORT the post to me. You do NOT need to report dead pics- I can see those myself (LOL).

If ANYONE wants to take existing write-ups and DO the mod/procedure and take pics, I will provide (to the best of my ability) hosting for the pics. I woudl also appreciate it if any write-up that is on a non-org site were posted in plain text format on the org (not as a link, but as an actual post). PLEASE try to give credit to the original source!!! I have started doing this,m but I don't have the time to go to every link and to copy all of the text and pictures.

If you do a write-up, please save it as a word or text doc and send me a PM. We can discuss how to get the pics hosted and how to get the thread posted and added to the sticky threads.

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

bump. Sticky threads now "cleaned up" but still need work.

PM me if you want to help.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:34 PM

How about this one
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM

there should be a sticky on parts that are interchangable with other cars. if there is 1 then excuse me for being a noob
Old 03-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Xzecution'R
there should be a sticky on parts that are interchangable with other cars. if there is 1 then excuse me for being a noob
Not being smart- what do you mean here? Do you mean like the fact that 4th gens can run 300zx brakes, J30 brakes, Q45 brakes, etc.?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

I have now created an email and a photobucket account for us to use to host pics for write-ups that we use on here. I will be hosting the pics on an account that will hopefully not go down later and ruin the links.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:55 AM

that is a very good idea, better in the long run if photobucket doesn't up and shut down one day like the other hosting sites i've used in the past.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
Not being smart- what do you mean here? Do you mean like the fact that 4th gens can run 300zx brakes, J30 brakes, Q45 brakes, etc.?

exactly. it should be layed out like the how to's as well interior, exterior etc. not so much as a how too or a full write up, but more like direct swap parts.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by Xzecution'R
exactly. it should be layed out like the how to's as well interior, exterior etc. not so much as a how too or a full write up, but more like direct swap parts.
Well, not a whole lot is swappable. Brakes, wheels, steering wheels, some seats...All require modification. If someone posts a question and it is not answered in the sticky threads, then once we have an answer, I will add it.

Within the different years of the Maxima, there are some swappable parts, but most of that is a no-brainer. I have added all of the info that I have, personally, but I am sure that there is more out there that I don't know about.