4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ext. Lights dont flash when i use my stock keyless entry to lock my maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:04 PM

Ext. Lights dont flash when i use my stock keyless entry to lock my maxima

I was wondering if anyone had ever had this problem, it happened recently.

Since my car doesn't honk or beep when i lock the doors i look for the lights to blink when i lock it from the stock keypad, well it still locks however the lights no longer blink, but the hazards still work as do the turn signals and headlights.

Also, i don't know if it is related or not, but it seems that when i lock/unlock from the keypad, the rear doors don't lock or unlock.

Could it be a fuse, or maybe more likely a relay somewhere? Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM

you've got the relays behind the panel by the latch in the truck. That'd be the first place to check.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dan_E_Boi84
you've got the relays behind the panel by the latch in the truck. That'd be the first place to check.
Ok, I've just checked this per your suggestion. I swapped this relay out with the rear defroster, which i know works, and i noticed no change. I also tried swapping it out with one of the radiator fan relays also, still no change. I'm going out to check the All the fuses right now.

Any other ideas? I have never had this problem before.
I guess both the rear doors are unlock/locking fine, so ignore that.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Please someone answer this.....I have the same EXACT problem and its starting to drive me CRAZY.....lol

At leaset I know I am not the only one.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Saqme here

Just recently mine, lights stoped flashing as well, any answers? or fixes? and that seems to be the only thing not work, did get real nice 2 way CLIFFORD alarm.. but it worked for month or 2 before i really noticed them not working..... Thanks Jon

here link to our Baby! Maxima 4 Life http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2615830
Old 05-28-2007, 09:29 AM

nobody ever has information about the alarm system key fob thing. Mine worked intermittently (i mean actually actuating the locking or not) and now it doesnt at all and i cant figure it out for the life of me.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:18 PM

I have an answer

ok, I used to work for nissan and this is an easy fix, and it should be listed in the manual. It is a user option, all you have to do is hold down lock and unlock buttons for approximately 5-10 seconds. The lights will then flash 2 times to confirm your selection. Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 PM

I wish my problem was that simple. Do you know what might be the reason my key fobs stopped working? I've been keylocking my door for months now I'm tired of it.
I changed the box in the trunk and no difference.
Originally Posted by MadXtreme01
ok, I used to work for nissan and this is an easy fix, and it should be listed in the manual. It is a user option, all you have to do is hold down lock and unlock buttons for approximately 5-10 seconds. The lights will then flash 2 times to confirm your selection. Hope this helps.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 AM

programming instructions

step 1 - close and lock all doors
step 2 - insert and remove key from ignition key cylinder more than 6 times within 10 seconds (The hazzard warning lamp will then flash)

step 3 - turn ignition key switch to "acc" position

step 4 - push any button on the remote controller once (the hazzard warning will then flash)

step 5 - if adding additional remotes, unlock doors, and relock doors using power door lock button inside vehicle (not remotes)

step 6 - unlock drivers side door, and open door..

hopefully this helps. sometimes the remotes loose their program and need to be reprogrammed. if this doesnt work then you either need a new box or new remotes. the contacts on the remotes go bad after some time, but usually it starts out by only 1 of the buttons not working, so try the panic or trunk buttons after programing, also use the buttons for programming purposes if it doesnt work using lock/unlock, it will help you diagnose what part needs replacement.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks Gr8 advice

Havn't had chance to try yet, Woman took car to work .. lol , but i'm almost certain thats my problem, seeing the delay in my alarm. when i 1st got it, I was lost (good now) after week or two of pushing and holding buttons, finally figured it out, Sleep, Proxy adjust, and windows down option.

Thanks for the great info, Found the same advice late last nite, heres the link
http://home.earthlink.net/~maxfaq/ma...ce.htm#windows

Nice to see Maxima owner takin PRIDE in thier Rides! Up here No one rolls in them, just the OLD Folks lol for real
Old 05-29-2007, 07:36 AM

yeah my remote was working and then stopped working and i tried to reset on different occasions and it the car wont even show that its recieving a signal from either one of my remotes. I'll buy another one but i feel like its probably not that remotes since one of them wasnt that old.

Originally Posted by MadXtreme01
step 1 - close and lock all doors
step 2 - insert and remove key from ignition key cylinder more than 6 times within 10 seconds (The hazzard warning lamp will then flash)

step 3 - turn ignition key switch to "acc" position

step 4 - push any button on the remote controller once (the hazzard warning will then flash)

step 5 - if adding additional remotes, unlock doors, and relock doors using power door lock button inside vehicle (not remotes)

step 6 - unlock drivers side door, and open door..

hopefully this helps. sometimes the remotes loose their program and need to be reprogrammed. if this doesnt work then you either need a new box or new remotes. the contacts on the remotes go bad after some time, but usually it starts out by only 1 of the buttons not working, so try the panic or trunk buttons after programing, also use the buttons for programming purposes if it doesnt work using lock/unlock, it will help you diagnose what part needs replacement.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Hey there Madxtreme1:

I posted a similar thread awhile back when my alarm malfunctioned due to water leaking in through the trunk spoiler (98 SE). My question is that when I did finally get the alarm system wires and plugs dried out and working again, all of the functions worked (lock, unlock and window roll down), but I only got the lights to flash when the car was being locked. For some reason, the lights would not flash when the system was disarmed.

Is there a way to restore the flashing lights feature when arming my system? I have talked to numerous members both here and at NICO and no one seems to have heard of this happening. From the info I was able to gather, either the lights both work or the don't work, not half, half.

Any info you could provide would be great.

Thanks!!

Ted, Chicago
Old 05-29-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tfvesquire
Hey there Madxtreme1:

I posted a similar thread awhile back when my alarm malfunctioned due to water leaking in through the trunk spoiler (98 SE). My question is that when I did finally get the alarm system wires and plugs dried out and working again, all of the functions worked (lock, unlock and window roll down), but I only got the lights to flash when the car was being locked. For some reason, the lights would not flash when the system was disarmed.

Is there a way to restore the flashing lights feature when arming my system? I have talked to numerous members both here and at NICO and no one seems to have heard of this happening. From the info I was able to gather, either the lights both work or the don't work, not half, half.

Any info you could provide would be great.

Thanks!!

Ted, Chicago
my alarm system never blinked the lights when disarming...only when arming.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:26 PM

blinking when disarming is not a feature of this alarm. they added that feature as well as the horn honking in 2000 with the next generation maximas.