4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Unorthodox UDP

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:58 PM

Unorthodox UDP

Just installed my unorthodox ultra s underdrive pulley and though id leave my feedback/review on it. Install was simple and straight forward, loosen the tensioner, remove pass wheel and splash sheild, remove tensioner pulley bolt, then loose ps pump, pull off belts, remove crank pulley bolt, take off old pulley and install reverse of order. if youre putting on new belts, put the ps belt on first then before you put the udp on put the ps belt on it first then put it back on..makes things easier.

So heres my review. just a little info. Sometimes my butt dyno is inoperable..sometimes i feel gains sometimes i dont. ill be 100% honest, when i installd my y-pipe i initially didnt feel much gain, after a bit i started to notice it pulled harder. Well after the udp install and new belts i noticed the difference right away, no starting issues or anything. I installed it today at 1:43 finished at 2:11, took no time. Since then ive put almost 300km on the car, mostly hwy but a lot of city. the car obviously revs faster, and the difference is most noticeable under 80MPH. Im not saying that this will transform the car from beating civics to ferraris, but i did notice some gains, perhaps minimal i will be dynoing soon though. But i got it used for a damn good price so it was hard to go wrong. My mods are intake/ypipe/catback. Should also note. today was hot too..i think 25C hot and sunny, so im happy with how the car performed. A/C performed just like how it did before, steering wasnt any different, starts fine, car runs fine. Just proving these myths wrong.

thought id leave my review on this, because i know before i got mine, there was a lot of nay sayers, no definitive answers on whether or not there are gains...my post doenst really show 100% that there is, but personally the car feels a bit quicker and thats all that matters to me

thanks for readin.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Sold

I found one of the biggest differences was with the startup. It just seems to start easier with the udp on.
I've had mine on for just over 5 years now and have had no issues with regards to alternator/power steering failure. I'm not running a system so maybe that might have something to do with it.
All in all, I'm glad I had it done and would do it again.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:05 AM

Well I see JSMax you say you arent running any system,is anyone else with the UDP running an amp? Also have you guys tried like the "all out" test? I was thinking about getting one but then I was wondering if im running say the AC and my system at the same time,would there be a significant loss?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:07 AM

thanks for the review.