4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Sidemarker Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 09:07 AM

Hi,

I just had clear sidemarker lights installed, and have not yet wired them. I know, I know... RICE... but I just love how they look. btw, I had them put in in line with the 'bar' that acts as a door guard on the doors. (someone else has that here... it's a car with a stillen decal right next to it) I have a NISMO Nissan Motorsports International decal in the same spot instead. But anyway, my question was about wiring the lights. Can I easily wire them to alternate with the turn signal lights? I mean so that they are off normally, and go on when the turn signals are flashing, but in the off stage of the on/off pattern. Maybe I can just use the two positive wires each from turn signal, side lens? I'm not really sure if that's possible. Please leave details if you can about the wiring as well as ports of access to the wires as far what I need to remove to get at the wires and how to do it. THANKS!!!

-Amit
Old 07-17-2001, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by iamit
Hi,

I just had clear sidemarker lights installed, and have not yet wired them. I know, I know... RICE... but I just love how they look. btw, I had them put in in line with the 'bar' that acts as a door guard on the doors. (someone else has that here... it's a car with a stillen decal right next to it) I have a NISMO Nissan Motorsports International decal in the same spot instead. But anyway, my question was about wiring the lights. Can I easily wire them to alternate with the turn signal lights? I mean so that they are off normally, and go on when the turn signals are flashing, but in the off stage of the on/off pattern. Maybe I can just use the two positive wires each from turn signal, side lens? I'm not really sure if that's possible. Please leave details if you can about the wiring as well as ports of access to the wires as far what I need to remove to get at the wires and how to do it. THANKS!!!

i wired mine to my blinkers and they only turn on when i turn on my blinkers or hazards

-Amit
Old 07-17-2001, 06:09 PM

It's easy, find the negative wire of the side markers, not the clearance lights. Cut the negative wire. Tape the loose end and take the wire that is hanging from the light socket and run a lead to the positive wire of the blinker. You should now have alternating corners when your lights are on and when they are off they will blink in sinc. If you have questions drop me a line.

ps. do a search for "alternating corners" there's a post that has a diagram that shows clearly.
Old 07-18-2001, 06:19 AM

Originally posted by nelzavala
It's easy, find the negative wire of the side markers, not the clearance lights. Cut the negative wire. Tape the loose end and take the wire that is hanging from the light socket and run a lead to the positive wire of the blinker. You should now have alternating corners when your lights are on and when they are off they will blink in sinc. If you have questions drop me a line.

ps. do a search for "alternating corners" there's a post that has a diagram that shows clearly.

Thanks for the info!...

And then I just wire the new lights in parallel with the bumper sidemarker?
Old 07-18-2001, 06:54 AM

I think we're a little confused. Are you talking about the Euro lights that install in the fender? If you are you can just run them straight to each signal wire. Wire them in parrelel to each blinker respectivly. They will only work as signals.
Old 07-18-2001, 07:06 AM

they are the lights by the fender, yes. I want those to alternate with the turn signals. Thank You!
Old 07-18-2001, 08:20 AM

here you go guys

I found it by using the search feature. btw I hope I don't **** off the person who originally posted this.
http://www.geocities.com/amixam69/nissan/markerblink/
Old 07-18-2001, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by nelzavala

I don't think thats what he was asking for. You are talking about EXISTING corner lights on the car that Nissan put on there, he has ADDED lights on the side. There is no wire to CUT OFF in order to do it like that.

If you already have done the above mod to make your EXISTING side markers blink, then I'd just run wires to it in parallel, otherwise one wire on the (+) side of the existing marker and the other on the (+) side of the front blinker will make it do what you want.

Jack
Old 07-18-2001, 11:56 AM

perfect!... thank you all very much!
Old 07-18-2001, 12:09 PM

perfect!... thank you all very much!