4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Is a Stillen Exhaust a bolt on or weld installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 04:47 PM

Which is it a bolt on or weld for this particular Stillen exhuast
Old 07-17-2001, 05:09 PM

ummm not sure what you mean, all exhausts are bolt on.... the bull nose tip of the stillen exhaust and raspy sound make it a very undesireable exhaust, well to me anyway
Old 07-17-2001, 05:13 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Originally posted by Stillnmax
ummm not sure what you mean, all exhausts are bolt on.... the bull nose tip of the stillen exhaust and raspy sound make it a very undesireable exhaust, well to me anyway
it is a bolt on...

and do not listen to him.. the stillen muffler is a deeper tone then the universal mufflers.. with a aftermarket b pipe and y pipe it will sound sweet.. will have this setup in the next month..
Old 07-17-2001, 05:19 PM
KCTYPHOON

i have the stillen ss muffler on my 95 with the rest of the exhaust stock.. sounds a lil deeper than normal and makes a nice deep hummmm at lower rpm's. i have the stillen y-pipe, b-pipe in my room, and im waiting for my random tech. cat.. hopefully itll be on soon when i get the other lil nonsense parts i need. i can let ya know how it sounds then...

Old 07-17-2001, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by Stillnmax
I'm new to the scene, so please don't down play me...what does the B-pipe and y-pipe do? And do i need both. Sorry to sound like a retard but i'm new to the scene, thanks.
Old 07-17-2001, 06:26 PM

They are intende for bolt on but you can have the shop weld them on if you want. What does the Stillen muffler sound like? Im going to put on a custom dual cat-back exhaust on my max and I want to know if I should go with Flowmaster or Stillen. Which is louder? Which flows better? Thanks for the info.

K

P.S. 98GLE, I just responded to your other post on the same subject, look there for the answer.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:24 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by 98GLE_RAVERBOY

I'm new to the scene, so please don't down play me...what does the B-pipe and y-pipe do? And do i need both. Sorry to sound like a retard but i'm new to the scene, thanks.
the y-pipe is the down pipe that comes off of the exhaust maniflods and ends at the cat. the b- pipe is the pipe after the cat that goes all the way to the muffler and contains a resonator (spelling?). its up to you what you want.u really dont need anything but the y-pipe will give you the most horsepower gain. anywhere from 15-25 its claimed. the run from about 350-400, depending who you order from, either stillen, warpspeed, or cattman.

Old 07-19-2001, 05:59 AM

Im gonna have to replace my whole exhaust system in a few months. DO u guys reccomend getting all the stuff seperately from different manufacturers(muffler, ypipe, etc) or a kit? Im not looking for something too loud, cause I gotta ride in style, but some extra HP I wouldnt mind.

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
the y-pipe is the down pipe that comes off of the exhaust maniflods and ends at the cat. the b- pipe is the pipe after the cat that goes all the way to the muffler and contains a resonator (spelling?). its up to you what you want.u really dont need anything but the y-pipe will give you the most horsepower gain. anywhere from 15-25 its claimed. the run from about 350-400, depending who you order from, either stillen, warpspeed, or cattman.