4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

nightmare at the body shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 08:28 AM

just went to go pick up my 95 max. it was at the body shop so i could get my stillen front lip painted and installed. the guy did a horrible job. he "glued" the lip on and used the two screws for the middle. i could live with this because i thought the glue would be better than the double sided tape, however, it was done so poorly. one side was fine but the other looked like it was about to fall and you coudl see the glue between the lip and bumper. damn...he said he would do it over adn to pick the car up later on. i hope he knows what he did wrong and fixes it. i quit, im done with mods for the summer!!!!!
Old 07-19-2001, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by riggy
just went to go pick up my 95 max. it was at the body shop so i could get my stillen front lip painted and installed. the guy did a horrible job. he "glued" the lip on and used the two screws for the middle. i could live with this because i thought the glue would be better than the double sided tape, however, it was done so poorly. one side was fine but the other looked like it was about to fall and you coudl see the glue between the lip and bumper. damn...he said he would do it over adn to pick the car up later on. i hope he knows what he did wrong and fixes it. i quit, im done with mods for the summer!!!!!
What state are you in??? Most body shops swear they know everything but the majority of them cut so many corners in the name of profit. They usually specialize in bang up jobs, anything to make the car look a little better at the least cost to the shop. If you're in NY, especially Brooklyn stay away from "Perfect Bodies" on Utica Ave. Those guys are all about saving a buck. The repaired the front end damage done to my Max in Dec. of last year and they did a poor job of cutting the fog light holes, and when the repairs were done my headlights and fog lights were all out of aim.
Old 07-19-2001, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by 2ndMAX

What state are you in??? Most body shops swear they know everything but the majority of them cut so many corners in the name of profit. They usually specialize in bang up jobs, anything to make the car look a little better at the least cost to the shop. If you're in NY, especially Brooklyn stay away from "Perfect Bodies" on Utica Ave. Those guys are all about saving a buck. The repaired the front end damage done to my Max in Dec. of last year and they did a poor job of cutting the fog light holes, and when the repairs were done my headlights and fog lights were all out of aim.
i am in nj, near princeton. thats where i went to get my car done. i went back and picked it up. it looks good from the front now. however, my edges do not fit PERFECTLY. i want to see pics of 95's with front lips now. i will prob have to make post a new thread, ppl will not read this. ummm, one very weird thing. this guy kept telling me that the instructions want you to screw bolts on from the outside of the edges and that they would look ugly standing out. i always thought the remaining screws were also supp to go on the bottom where the middle two go....anyone know what im talking about??
Old 07-19-2001, 03:58 PM

i am in nj, near princeton. thats where i went to get my car done. i went back and picked it up. it looks good from the front now. however, my edges do not fit PERFECTLY. i want to see pics of 95's with front lips now. i will prob have to make post a new thread, ppl will not read this. ummm, one very weird thing. this guy kept telling me that the instructions want you to screw bolts on from the outside of the edges and that they would look ugly standing out. i always thought the remaining screws were also supp to go on the bottom where the middle two go....anyone know what im talking about??
I live near the Princeton area, what is the name of the shop you went to?
Old 07-19-2001, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by mitch33x

I live near the Princeton area, what is the name of the shop you went to?

Calhouns garage??? right off 206?
Old 07-19-2001, 05:09 PM

here is medicsonic's

Old 07-19-2001, 05:18 PM

Never Go to that shop!!!!

Calhouns garage??? right off 206?
It is off of Rt.518, I live 10 mins from there. I have many friends that have gone to Calhouns for body work, and let me tell you that they SUCK @#$! Keep calling them or whatever and they should fix the problem, but please never go there again!
Old 07-19-2001, 05:44 PM

Re: Never Go to that shop!!!!

Originally posted by mitch33x

It is off of Rt.518, I live 10 mins from there. I have many friends that have gone to Calhouns for body work, and let me tell you that they SUCK @#$! Keep calling them or whatever and they should fix the problem, but please never go there again!
learned my lesson the hard way i guess........i should have posted and asked if anyone had been there. f*ck. i jsut didnt think there are too many princeton ppl here. damn. he wont fix anything, it seems to be put on fine, its just the arent looking right. maybe its my imagination, i have to see other ppl pics. youre right though. never going there gain. where do you go?????
Old 07-19-2001, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by jay_x

here is medicsonic's

thanks man, but i need closeups from the side. i have his sn, tried to im him. will try again later.
Old 07-19-2001, 05:48 PM

Re: Re: Never Go to that shop!!!!

learned my lesson the hard way i guess........i should have posted and asked if anyone had been there. f*ck. i jsut didnt think there are too many princeton ppl here. damn. he wont fix anything, it seems to be put on fine, its just the arent looking right. maybe its my imagination, i have to see other ppl pics. youre right though. never going there gain. where do you go?????
Gino's on Rt. 27 in the Kendall Park area, (I think thats where it is) does good work at very fair prices, 2 of my good friends have gone there in the last 6 months for body work...
Old 07-19-2001, 06:22 PM

right from stillen:

Old 07-19-2001, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by jay_x
right from stillen:

thanks man..