4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Tinting Windows In Illinois...help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2001, 08:51 PM

Okay guys i want to tint my maxi all around (except the front one obviously). Here is the problem: i don't want to get caught by the cops for them. I know that the back one and the back passenger ones i will have as dark as they can but im not sure about the front ones. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!! I live in chicago and i don't know what's the legal percentage. Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by darek
Okay guys i want to tint my maxi all around (except the front one obviously). Here is the problem: i don't want to get caught by the cops for them. I know that the back one and the back passenger ones i will have as dark as they can but im not sure about the front ones. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!! I live in chicago and i don't know what's the legal percentage. Thanks for all the help.
I live in Illinois, Gurnee to be exact.

Anyway, I have tint on my windows.

The law says ANYTHING for the rears - BUT none in on the fronts.

That being said, I tinted 20% all around.
Old 07-19-2001, 10:53 PM

I live in Niles, IL. and you can't have any tints in front at all. If you want, I know a good place in Skokie where you can tint your car very cheap, let me know.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:06 AM

I'm in Atlanta now where they really don't care, but I am moving back home to Matteson. They trip like hell up there. I will be keeping my GA tags on my car. But from what I understand, you can't tint the front driver and passenger windows. That's is so stupid, but then again look at the state.

K
Old 07-20-2001, 05:44 AM

Window tint in IL

I live in Chicago and mostly hang out in the northern suburbs. I have really dark on the back (i forgot the %)
and on the front I have a really light tint. So far, I haven't stopped or anything, but just to be safe, when there are police around, I either roll down the windows or keep the sunroof open to let more light in.
Here's another tip - don't let the color of the tint contrast much with the body color. If your paint is silver or grey, then get silver tint, if your car is gold then get gold tint. If your car is white and your tint is super dark , then it really stands out and then the police are more likely to notice it.
Old 07-20-2001, 09:02 AM

http://www.iwfa.com/docs/statelaw.html