4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

changing bulbs causing WEIRD problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 06:10 PM

i have a 95 max gxe. i changed my side door bulbs today with 194's. the problem is that when i open the drivers side door the light on the door does not come on. but when i open the passengers side door both the drivers side and passengers side door lights come on. when i close the passengers side door the drivers light goes off also. wtf??? the messed up part is that i dont know if this also happ before cuz i never paid att to it. plz help if you can.

oh yea, i also chaged the glove box light with the same bulb. before i put it in teh original was working fine. when i put in the green one nothing. i tried putting the original back in but still now light. damnnn. ppllzzz help.
Old 07-20-2001, 07:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

RE: Courtesy Light Bulb Changing...

1 Month ago I also changed my bulbs to G&E 194R bulbs. I bought them from Wal-Mart, but mine are red. When I read this forum, I ran down and checked all of my bulbs. All of my bulbs function fine, just as if they were regular bulbs. The only difference is that I did not change the glove-box light. It could be that this socket requires a lower power bulb, so you shorted out the system. I know it is not the bulbs because I just checked mine and they all function fine. Mechanics: Could it be the fuse relay? I don't really know what the problem is, but if you have the glove-box bulb, you should read it to see the wattage and voltage. Sorry I can't help much .
Old 07-20-2001, 07:43 PM

Re: RE: Courtesy Light Bulb Changing...

Originally posted by Vyrus
1 Month ago I also changed my bulbs to G&E 194R bulbs. I bought them from Wal-Mart, but mine are red. When I read this forum, I ran down and checked all of my bulbs. All of my bulbs function fine, just as if they were regular bulbs. The only difference is that I did not change the glove-box light. It could be that this socket requires a lower power bulb, so you shorted out the system. I know it is not the bulbs because I just checked mine and they all function fine. Mechanics: Could it be the fuse relay? I don't really know what the problem is, but if you have the glove-box bulb, you should read it to see the wattage and voltage. Sorry I can't help much .
thats cool man, thanks for trying. i got mine from walmart too. haha, that suck ill have to glove box light, but the door light problem is so weird. think dbm will know??
Old 07-20-2001, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

RE: Will D.B.M/ know...

Yes, he should know about fuses etc. But if he's like EVERYBODY else, he's at Maxus right now, checking out all of his fellow Maxima owners.