4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

fuel related questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 03:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

at what fuel pressure do the stock injectors max out at?
Old 07-26-2001, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by sleeper
at what fuel pressure do the stock injectors max out at?
Ahhhhhaaaa! the boosted max on nitrous question...

When I was ramping up my dry nitrous set up from the basic 50hp system to my current 100 hp level I asked the Nissan Gurus at SGP racing that same question. Kyle told me that at around 90psi the injectors will begin to lock up. I run ~82psi with my current 100hp dry nitrous shot.

However Loren had an experiance otherwise, when he first got his V1 from Stillen the FMU had the wrong calibration disc in it and his fuel pressure was rising above 100psi! So he believes that the injectors will not lock up until a ways past 100psi.

I really dont feel comfprtable running much more than 90psi anyway just because thats a lot of fuel pressure, and their is allways a loose hose clamp some where and that kind of pressure will find the weak spot fast.

Most SC's run 60-70psi of fuel pressure depending on the boost level. I'd say you have room for a 40hp dry shot as long as you have room for an additional 15-20psi of fuel pressure.

The tuning of the pressure out of the nitrous pressure regulator that sends the pressure to the FPR will be trickey because the FMU is not a 1:1 ratio like the factory FPR. It is possible to make it work but it will be a challange.

Please post how it turns out for you, I'll be walking in your foot steps in a few months.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:12 PM

fuel pressure

if the fmu isn't 1:1, do you think it is righteous to install a 1:1 fuel pressure riser, for the nitrous?
Old 07-27-2001, 03:10 AM

Re: fuel pressure

if the fmu isn't 1:1, do you think it is righteous to install a 1:1 fuel pressure riser, for the nitrous?
I'd try to send the pressure from the nOS presure regulator to the factory FPR first, it should work as long as the T-REX pump is activated. You will have to play with the jets in the bypass fitting to get FP up to 85-90psi. But you can do this wothout having to actuall fire the main nitrous solinoid.

Out till Monday!!!
Later
Old 07-27-2001, 09:39 AM

it'a a go...

fyi, from the info i am recieving a 70 shot only uses about 15 lbs of pressure. i only plan on using a 55-65 shot. so the injectors should be fine. the fmu is ok because it has a vacuum port which is needed with the zex kit. even if it isn't 1:1 it will be ok. i am running very rich now, so this is a good thing. i am buying the kit for $479.00 and the install and tuning will be $150.00. total about $630.00. the nitrous flow can be controlled with pills in the line. i don't know too much about nos but it seems to be interesting. it actually can provide cooling, which meens it acts like an intercooler. i am buying the kit at dynamic motorsports. near gettysburg. this guy has a bout 6 years of experience, so he seems to be confident with the install. since i am just using a small shot, it ain't no biggy. lol, but the total gains will about 375 horsepower with the nitrous. i am going to get a Barney stuffed animal and take the guts out and use it as a bottle warmer, i love you u, u love me, we will be going so fast i can't even seeee. with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, thank you for feeding me NOS too. yeahhhh bye bye , boys and girls. yuk, yuk , yuk!
Old 07-29-2001, 11:47 AM

Re: it'a a go...

fyi, from the info i am recieving a 70 shot only uses about 15 lbs of pressure.

Thats a bit optomistic on safe fuel pressure for a seventy shot. But if you are rich now it may be ok. EGT's or plug condition will tell you whats up.

the fmu is ok because it has a vacuum port which is needed with the zex kit. even if it isn't 1:1 it will be ok.

The FMU is 6:1 out the box from Stillen

the total gains will about 375 horsepower with the nitrous.

Yea Baby Yea, that makes me RANDY!!! I think you'll crack a 12 for sure

I am going to get a Barney stuffed animal and take the guts out and use it as a bottle warmer, i love you u, u love me, we will be going so fast i can't even seeee. with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, thank you for feeding me NOS too. yeahhhh bye bye , boys and girls. yuk, yuk , yuk!
LMFAO Your a nut bar !!!
Old 07-29-2001, 02:19 PM

reply to nuts

thats what happens when you have kids.lol. and they grow up and become comedians and it starts to rub off.
Old 07-30-2001, 06:36 AM

Re: reply to nuts

thats what happens when you have kids.lol. and they grow up and become comedians and it starts to rub off.
Yep! I,ve got an 9 month old boy and the wife wants two more. I here ya.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:41 PM

kids

congradulations on your new baby. well, 7 months old. 10 more days to nitrous install.
Old 07-30-2001, 08:44 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

i hear the injectors lock up at around 85-90 psi, and don't run more than 50 shot on stock pump.