4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Touch Up Paint Rules!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 09:51 PM

I picked up some touch up paint from the dealer on the way back from work to cover up the screws holding in my new front lip. It was like the best $5 Ive spent in a while. After dabbing some paint on the screws I walked around my car looking for scratches, abrasions, etc and covered them up pretty well.

Ive heard bad things about touch-up paint in terms of making something that looks bad worse, but I really believe on small jobs it does more than an adequate job ofcouse only time will tell -- I just did some painting this afternoon.

Oh yeah - the paint comes with a pretty good brush too.
Old 08-04-2001, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by DCmax
I picked up some touch up paint from the dealer on the way back from work to cover up the screws holding in my new front lip. It was like the best $5 Ive spent in a while. After dabbing some paint on the screws I walked around my car looking for scratches, abrasions, etc and covered them up pretty well.

Ive heard bad things about touch-up paint in terms of making something that looks bad worse, but I really believe on small jobs it does more than an adequate job ofcouse only time will tell -- I just did some painting this afternoon.

glad it worked for somebody. it looks like sheet on my beige max. just been lying there forever......
Old 08-04-2001, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by riggy

glad it worked for somebody. it looks like sheet on my beige max. just been lying there forever......
What was your beef with it, does the paint not match? Or is it something else?
Old 08-04-2001, 03:05 PM

What was your beef with it, does the paint not match? Or is it something else?

the damn thing looks gold. nothing close to beige and guess what, yup....thats why it looks worse than scratches or anything...but with black or somethign i can see why its easier to work..
Old 08-04-2001, 03:29 PM

Looks like I am going to buy some for my Arctic White Max.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:46 PM

I'm glad someone other than me prefers to use it. I used it on my chrome washer nozzle lights and you saw how it came out. One day, I'll devote some time to fill in all the chips in the car.
Old 08-04-2001, 03:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hehe I love mine... I did the door locks, trunk lock, top of the ant. and any scratches I can find... it think that it only works well for some color and bad for other colors...
Old 08-04-2001, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by theblue
hehe I love mine... I did the door locks, trunk lock, top of the ant. and any scratches I can find... it think that it only works well for some color and bad for other colors...
Yeah I was really thinking about painting my chrome door handles and the trim around my windows, but Im just not sure how it would end up looking. Any opinions?
Old 08-04-2001, 04:07 PM

what color year etc.. is your maxima?
Old 08-04-2001, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P

what color year etc.. is your maxima?
1996 - GXE - Deep Evergreen
Old 08-04-2001, 04:18 PM

1996 - GXE - Deep Evergreen

just wondering what kind of lip was it
i was looking at the stillen ones included in the aero kit
but its at $1500
Old 08-04-2001, 05:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
just wondering what kind of lip was it
i was looking at the stillen ones included in the aero kit
but its at $1500
you must be new around here nobody pays 1500 for the kit.. I got mine for $670 and most people can get them for less than $800, you can also just get the front lip etc.. check out the group buy section, avalonracing.com, custommaxima.com and many other places you see listed around this place.