4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

interior lights HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 02:19 PM

the last couple of days my car has been idling really low (like below 500rpms) and wanting to die. i figured it was either the battery or the alternator. so today i changed out the battery with a newer one from my previous maxima but it turns out that it had no juice since it had been sitting around for a month or so i took it out and put the old one back in. well after i did that i went and started the car and noticed that NOTHING WORKS except the motor and a couple dash lights (e-brake, seatbelt) the clock doesn't work, power seats, radio, headlights, door lights, nothing. there was a little spark when i put the cables back on the battery so could i have blown a fuse??? thanks in advance guys! btw my car is a 95se maxima
Old 08-13-2001, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
the last couple of days my car has been idling really low (like below 500rpms) and wanting to die. i figured it was either the battery or the alternator. so today i changed out the battery with a newer one from my previous maxima but it turns out that it had no juice since it had been sitting around for a month or so i took it out and put the old one back in. well after i did that i went and started the car and noticed that NOTHING WORKS except the motor and a couple dash lights (e-brake, seatbelt) the clock doesn't work, power seats, radio, headlights, door lights, nothing. there was a little spark when i put the cables back on the battery so could i have blown a fuse??? thanks in advance guys! btw my car is a 95se maxima
i blew out a few lights in my car yest, cheked the fuses and found a blown one. just check em all to see if you did blow any. hopefully mr martin will be able to help you. i dont know anything, just giving you something to do in the mean time. hopefully its not what dbm said could have been my problem........something about a blown center module....someting something something...good luck

for me, yesterday the 7.5 all the way on the top in the second column fixed the probl of the door/dome/and map light. take care.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:06 PM

thanks!