4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

NEED to VENT:Just received some BAD News.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 02:10 PM

Here I am chillin' on vacation at my parents house in Miami, when my roomate calls me to tell me that my car has been hit. Some senseless **** who obviously can't drive otherwise would not have hit a parked car. From what my roomate said, the back left bumper and fender are scratched up and dented. I'm not looking forward to seeing my car on friday when I get home. This really sucks. You spend tons of hours on your car to make it flawless and then some anonymous ***** needs to come around and rain on your parade!
Anyhow, I just needed to vent. Only you guys know how it feels if this happened or were to happen to you
-MDM
Old 08-14-2001, 02:14 PM

Sorry to hear

My heart goes out to ya. But look on the bright side depending on where you go to get it taken care of some places will fix hood dings or road chips (I HATE those ) or door ones and just throw it on the check for insurance. If you even though it sucks that you got his you can still get a few things looking better. Just trying to help.

SuDZ
Old 08-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Kevlo for President

that sucks

man that really sucks, how can someone be that stupid to hit a parked car
Old 08-14-2001, 07:29 PM

Maybe your buddy is messing with you and nothing happened. My friends do this kind of stuff all the time.

Originally posted by Max96LSU
Here I am chillin' on vacation at my parents house in Miami, when my roomate calls me to tell me that my car has been hit. Some senseless **** who obviously can't drive otherwise would not have hit a parked car. From what my roomate said, the back left bumper and fender are scratched up and dented. I'm not looking forward to seeing my car on friday when I get home. This really sucks. You spend tons of hours on your car to make it flawless and then some anonymous ***** needs to come around and rain on your parade!
Anyhow, I just needed to vent. Only you guys know how it feels if this happened or were to happen to you
-MDM
Old 08-14-2001, 08:04 PM

-MDM
Sorry to hear that. My dad had the whole rear quarter of his car taken off by a garbage truck. That really sucked...
Old 08-14-2001, 08:16 PM
i SeE what you did therE

that sucks..

i know i would
Old 08-14-2001, 08:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

damn dude, that really sux... what kind of freakin idiot runs into a parked car? hopefully for your sake your roomie is just messin with ya like gabuchu said...
Old 08-14-2001, 08:51 PM

Evil Roomates

Im glad my roomates dont read this board. They know how much I love my car and I know they would play a prank like telling me someone hit my car because they know how much it would eat at me like it probably is eating you right now.

It really sucks if it's true and I feel for you. Did the person who hit you flee the scene?
Old 08-14-2001, 11:24 PM

No joke form roomate

I wish it would be a joke from my roomate and my buddies. My girlfriend went by today to see it and she said it was pretty bad. I'm guessing it was a hit and run. There was no letter on my car or anything. I guess when I get back into town I'll have to file a report with the cops as a hit and run into a parked car. As funny as this may sound, thats what happened. I know that when I get back, I'm going to inspect every car in my apartment complex to see if their car is messed up somehow. I'm going to have to do some investigation. My roomate said he was going to start tonight. Hopefully I'll find the culprit so that I don't have to dig up $500 to pay my deductible for my car insurance to pay.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:39 PM

I know how that feels. I came out to my car one day and found a broken 4x4 and a huge dent in my front fender. Unfortunatly the damage was about $50 less than my deductible. Oh well what can you do.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hope you find the bastard

hope you can find the stupid bastard that hit your car.. revenge your baby.. stupid drivers these days.. i just got my last car accident settled myself.. retarded idiot hit my car on the freeway while doing a no look lane change. messed up my back left door and left quarterpanel.. costed insurance $2,700 for repairs.. thank god they mailed my deductible back after my insurance company kicked the other companie's ****.. can u believe the nerve of some people who always think they're right? especially since the FRONT of his car hit the BACK left side of mine.. thats ludicrous... just venting... *sigh*
Old 08-15-2001, 05:26 AM

I know where your coming from. My car was parked and a truck took a corner too wide and scraped and gouged the front end. Luckily someone in my office saw the truck(he drove away). I went to other companies on my block and found which one the truck was making the delivery to. I called the company and tricked them into admitting there driver was there and may have hit a car. I should be getting a check this week. It won't cover the two other hit and runs my Baby has endured though.
Old 08-15-2001, 05:35 AM

I got you beat

go to www.f150world.com/skidmarkracing and check out my truck in the ouch album. Some lady on a cel phone hit a curb in a 95 aerostar did a front flip and landed on my truck while it was parked at a clients sight. It is ok though Cause I got a White Super Crew to go with the white max.
Old 08-15-2001, 06:52 AM

Re: No joke form roomate

I wish it would be a joke from my roomate and my buddies. My girlfriend went by today to see it and she said it was pretty bad. I'm guessing it was a hit and run. There was no letter on my car or anything. I guess when I get back into town I'll have to file a report with the cops as a hit and run into a parked car. As funny as this may sound, thats what happened. I know that when I get back, I'm going to inspect every car in my apartment complex to see if their car is messed up somehow. I'm going to have to do some investigation. My roomate said he was going to start tonight. Hopefully I'll find the culprit so that I don't have to dig up $500 to pay my deductible for my car insurance to pay.

damn dude.... i hope you find the guy who hit it, and then make him lick your tires till theyre spotless! after he pays for the damage he did of course!
Old 08-15-2001, 08:33 AM

The same appened to me, I come out and have a big ole dent in the back left quarter panel. Hopefully the guy who hit me had car troubles and had a flat tire on the way home.
Jason
Old 08-15-2001, 01:37 PM

I feel your pain!

How, why, where? Man this sucks, I have personally seen your car before the hit and run and it was in prestine condition. I think you should find the a-hole who obviously lives there or frequently visits there then make him/her pay out their nose or other cavities! look for the other car's paint on yours and start looking in the nearby lots.
Good luck, see you at school.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:17 PM

If it makes u feel any better, I just had an accedent 4 hours ago! Some old beeotch (she must have been 115 yrs old) turned right into my car while I was driving. She was turning onto a side street and said she didn't see me! So she hits me in the front fender,pushing the front of my car towards the side street, then hits me again in the rear door! When she got out of the car, she was so old she could bearly walk. She had TWO canes, and she couldn't hear me talking to her because her hearing aid was off! Maybe thats why she didn't hear my horn. Anyway, I'll be needing a fender, bumpercover, marker lights, one headlight assy, rear door skin, ect. It's bad. I got two estimates both over 5000.00. I buggin out! Guess I need 2 vent aldo.
Old 08-15-2001, 05:10 PM

Good news for Me...Yippee!!!

Nelson and everyone else, thank you all for your compasion. maximus75 sorry to hear about your baby. You, me and everyone else on this forum know how much time we put into our cars to have some careless person bust our cars.
Anyhow, on a better note I received word from my roomate that he found the a-hole that hit my car. They went out last night on a stealth mission cehcking out everyone's bumper and found the d*ck. So when I get back all I have to do is call the cops to report a hit and run and make that bastard pay for the damages! Thank god I dont have to pay for the damages from my own pocket!
Old 08-15-2001, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by maximus75
If it makes u feel any better, I just had an accedent 4 hours ago! Some old beeotch (she must have been 115 yrs old) turned right into my car while I was driving.
Old folks are quickly becoming a big problem. We definitely need retesting for re-licensure. A lot of these old folks refuse to relinquish their driving privileges even after their skills no longer permit safe driving. Unfortunately, AARP has threatened to destroy any politician who even suggests the notion.

Also, I can definitely feel for you too. My car is right now at the autobody shop for a new front driver's fender and driver door repair after good ol' mom backed into my baby while it was parked in the driveway. She admittedly did not even look back! Arggghhh!
Old 08-15-2001, 08:42 PM

I agree with Mishmosh, I think senior citizens should have to pass a reevaluation test (including timed reflex,vision and hearing). As much as I love my grandparents, my grandmother drives like a maniac. I sometimes think she's in her own world or in the grand prix
Old 08-15-2001, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by Mishmosh

Old folks are quickly becoming a big problem. We definitely need retesting for re-licensure. A lot of these old folks refuse to relinquish their driving privileges even after their skills no longer permit safe driving. Unfortunately, AARP has threatened to destroy any politician who even suggests the notion.

Also, I can definitely feel for you too. My car is right now at the autobody shop for a new front driver's fender and driver door repair after good ol' mom backed into my baby while it was parked in the driveway. She admittedly did not even look back! Arggghhh!
I have to agree that our nation's elderly are becoming more of a problem on our streets... but here where I live teenagers are also a problem. I will admit that I am a teenager myself, being 18, but alot of the teens are even more dangerous than anyone. I believe retesting the elderly should be mandatory and that more comprehensive driver's ed classes should be instated.