4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Danial B. - What are you driving? Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 08:47 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Your input on here is valued very much. So I was wondering what your driving and weather or not you have done any of these mods to your car.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:07 AM

I can answer that one. He drives a '99 5 speed 'plain jane' GXE Pebble Beige in color. His only mods are his 'always on' Cruise control mod and a fstb that he received as a gift. Freaky, huh?
Old 08-16-2001, 09:09 AM

Plain Jane

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Your input on here is valued very much. So I was wondering what your driving and weather or not you have done any of these mods to your car.
Plain Jane is a '99 GXE 5-speed. I bought her new in January '99 for $16,620 including destination charge. I'm not much interested in mods. Plain Jane has a Courtesy FSTB, installed only because it was a gift from a friend. She also has the Cruise Control "Always Ready" mod because I regard that dashboard switch as a nuisance.

Things I like about my car:
It's smooth, quiet, and plenty fast for my purposes.
Good highway fuel economy.

Things which could be better:
The clutch is afflicted with Maxima Clutch Groan and occasional chatter.
I wish it had fold-down rear seats like the 5Gen.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:19 AM

Re: Plain Jane

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
Plain Jane is a '99 GXE 5-speed. I bought her new in January '99 for $16,620 including destination charge. I'm not much interested in mods. Plain Jane has a Courtesy FSTB, installed only because it was a gift from a friend. She also has the Cruise Control "Always Ready" mod because I regard that dashboard switch as a nuisance.

Things I like about my car:
It's smooth, quiet, and plenty fast for my purposes.
Good highway fuel economy.

Things which could be better:
The clutch is afflicted with Maxima Clutch Groan and occasional chatter.
I wish it had fold-down rear seats like the 5Gen.
hey Daniel - Do you get this asked much? I was curious where it seems your always answerign advice if peolple assume you have a completly modded car etc. Just curious more than anything. Always look forward to your advice though.

SuDZ
Old 08-16-2001, 09:22 AM
I'm so hood

From what I've observed, I think DBM knows what he wants in a car, and knows how to get what he wants pretty well (and also has a good mechanical knack at solving/diagnosing little issues, from spending a lot of time with service manuals). I dunno, I don't think a lot of guys that make a lot of mods really know what they want in a car, or the best way to get what they really want. But I'll admit, the process of modding a car can be a fun release, one that I never got into.

I'm kind of DBM-ish in mind w/my maxi...don't really envision any mods to improve the performance - if anything, new clutch + short shifter + bushings for improved driving feel, and maybe a FSTB.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:35 AM

Re: Re: Plain Jane

Originally posted by SuDZ
hey Daniel - Do you get this asked much? ...
I don't mind telling about Plain Jane, but there isn't much to tell. No frills. She's an ordinary daily driver.

I prefer not to talk about myself because I think this forum should be focused on the car. It's not about you, it's not about me, it's about the 4Gen Maxima.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:20 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Danny B. I like what you say about your Plane Jane, I don't do any engine or suspension mods myself. Only tightened it up a bit with the FSTB and RSB. Everyting else is just for looks. I think the Max is an excellent car for everyday use. It's got plenty of power, smooth engine and trans (auto here), it's quiet and the ride is excellent. Besides that I think the 4th gen. is a great looking car. I think this quote says it best. "ENJOY THE RIDE" Cause I sure do!

BTW - I love this forum, you guys are great, tons of info up here. Now if I can only get my _ss off here to do some work now and then.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:35 AM

hey daniel why did you pick yr plain jane maxima over the 99 altima?
Old 08-16-2001, 10:52 AM

V6

Originally posted by costcowholesale
hey daniel why did you pick yr plain jane maxima over the 99 altima?
I like the power and smoothness of the V6 engine.