4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got beat by a 3000GT and not the VR4 model

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 12:07 PM

Damn was I pissed of but back then my car was stock nothing extra in it now ill defenatly keep up and beat that heavy POS well and I was new at this 5speed thing so maybe that had something to do with it
Old 10-24-2000, 12:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That sucks, next time you'll beat him, and when your ahead. Wave at him to catch up.
Old 10-24-2000, 12:21 PM

Thanks

Ill get him to race me again
Old 10-24-2000, 01:29 PM

well

don't underestimate those non VR4's they are still fast..

don't forget its a coupe..its a misconception that the base 3000GT like the NA 300ZX aren't that fast but trust me they both move...

What are you gonna do dex.. beat me at the track and wave for me to catch up ...lol

Ant
Old 10-24-2000, 01:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't know. I might if we race each other Ants.
hehe.... j/k
Old 10-24-2000, 01:46 PM

I'm sorry...

Get em next time...
Old 10-24-2000, 01:54 PM

well the base and sl models aren't all that fast. Too much weight on too little motor. They are still a good match with a maxima. I don't know why you would consider it a POS though, never came across anyone that didn't think they were nice looking cars, at least not on the internet. Also you should feel pretty bad about your car then if you got beat by a heavy POS.

Old 10-24-2000, 01:57 PM
I'm needing a caw

You have a VR4 and you lurk Maxima boards?? Muhahaha.

Originally posted by vr4 to the max
well the base and sl models aren't all that fast. Too much weight on too little motor. They are still a good match with a maxima. I don't know why you would consider it a POS though, never came across anyone that didn't think they were nice looking cars, at least not on the internet. Also you should feel pretty bad about your car then if you got beat by a heavy POS.
Old 10-24-2000, 02:43 PM

the sig says it all.

Old 10-24-2000, 03:55 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i take it you own a 3000GT?...if so im glad someone that owns one finally agrees that they are heavy POS's
Old 10-24-2000, 04:21 PM

I new Nissan WAS in trouble....

but I didn't know people still bought Mitsus anymore.

I just love the cars they put out now. Galant....3L v6.....auto only....0-60 in 9 seconds....WOW. My 93 w/160hp does that stock....faster with my $400's in 2 mods

Mike S.
Old 10-25-2000, 11:24 AM

chris and mike you guys are hilarious. I could care less what other cars mitsu makes. And of course I was refferring to the base and sl models as too much weight with too little motor, and I never called them a POS. I own a vr4 though, and it's motor is just a tad bit different then those other two. But I didn't expect you to understand anyway so it's no suprise.

Old 10-25-2000, 12:12 PM

chris and mike you guys are hilarious. I could care less what other cars mitsu makes. And of course I was refferring to the base and sl models as too much weight with too little motor, and I never called them a POS. I own a vr4 though, and it's motor is just a tad bit different then those other two. But I didn't expect you to understand anyway so it's no suprise.

"Also you should feel pretty bad about your car then if you
got beat by a heavy POS."

so you're telling him to feel bad because he got beat by a POS, but at the same time.. its not a POS? So in reality he shouldnt feel bad. I know this might be to much for you to handle, but "I didn't expect you to understand anyway so it's no suprise."
Old 10-25-2000, 12:22 PM

I was quoting what he said in the very first post. He said that he lost to a heavy POS. So I said he should feel bad that he lost. I STILL don't expect you to understand even after explaining now.

Old 10-25-2000, 12:32 PM

Ok ok enough of this stupid DSM vs Nismo thing. Its over please. No one cares anymore. Everyone made their points blah blah blah. Ok VR4 we all know they are fast cars and we know our cars arent as fast but damn do you really have to degrade on 4 door cars? If we wanted a fast car we would of bought one. Ok? Your car is fast, happy? Please can we stop this stupid ****?
Old 10-25-2000, 12:50 PM

alright dude, it's a deal. You guys do actually seem pretty cool. Just a couple of guys ruffled quite a few feathers on the other board, so I figured I would come check out the maxima scene.

Old 10-25-2000, 12:54 PM

its cool man. i can understand why you get mad or same with us b/c of falming. whatever. it's over, we both are happy.
Old 10-25-2000, 01:04 PM

First of all, the SL isn't a DSM

Second of all, I was on the freeway and this black SL (newer tailights) so prolly a newer model tried to pass me, and I gunned it and went to about 120 and he couldn't hang. I didn't toast him, but he was like 2 car lengths back on a 85-120 sprint.
Old 10-25-2000, 01:44 PM

what is an SL if it isn't a Mitsu?

I would really like to know.

Justin
Old 10-25-2000, 03:37 PM

vr4 to the max....

Where did I ever say you did care? I'm just posting a fact...or close to it. I pretty sure I do understand. 3L or so of dispacement. Turbo. Maybe cam timing like the 300zx(what you wish your heavy car looked like), and a way to get all the power to 4 wheels. Hmm...now that you know that I know this....can we have some legit posts? Like...hey...I'm impressed that a 3L v6 makes 222hp and aint all strung out. Hmm...tons of torque at 2000rpm and it don't even use any cam timing. Nice.

Ok...don't kill me guys...I have offically kept this thread going

I need to learn some new smile faces...lol.

Mike, my car aint no vr4, S.

Old 10-25-2000, 04:47 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i would let this go if vr4 to the max didn't insult ALL max owners by saying "i didn't expect you to understand anyway it's no suprise." you don't know any of us or what kind of car background any of us have. You could be someone who had some money and bought a vr4 cause you could and didn't know **** about it. maybe this is so and maybe it isn't. well im just a college student into import racing and got a good deal on a nice car. so don't try to insult our intelligence. I know a thing or two about other cars besides a maxima. i do alot of reading and research. this board is just a hobby of mine and so is my max like your vr4 is to you. so before i start a flame war...ive said my peace...take it or leave it
Old 10-25-2000, 04:52 PM
I'm needing a caw

You won't get a reply until at least tomorrow sometime. He's just an idiot that's jealous that a maxima thread has the most posts over at the mitsu-shi-shi board. He's just trying to up the thread count by talking crap. Just ignore.
Old 10-25-2000, 05:05 PM

Ye you tell him guys

I with everything the maxima owners said
Old 10-26-2000, 06:19 AM

Jeff, I already said it's cool and sorry but i'm not going to drag it out anymore. If you would like to be an ***, then that's your choice. I have no idea where you are getting this post v.s post thing. If you are someone that would actually care about that, then I feel sorry for you. Me personally, I could care less about post count or whatever it is you are exactly referring to. But like I said, i'm through flaming, you can keep going all you want toa make yourself feel better.

Old 10-26-2000, 08:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

Me an ***? Okay let's post all my old posts and then post all of yours and then compare okay?

Exactly why are you here and why are you posting instead of just lurking around. If you just want to check out the site fine. I don't see any reason for your posts then. I lurk the 3si site all the time but you don't see me registering "you bought a Mitsu-shi-shi? muhahah" do you? Just who is being the *** with that sig??

Jeff, I already said it's cool and sorry but i'm not going to drag it out anymore. If you would like to be an ***, then that's your choice. I have no idea where you are getting this post v.s post thing. If you are someone that would actually care about that, then I feel sorry for you. Me personally, I could care less about post count or whatever it is you are exactly referring to. But like I said, i'm through flaming, you can keep going all you want toa make yourself feel better.
Old 10-26-2000, 09:00 AM

Look Jeff, I said it was cool and I would not flame anymore, so I would think you would just want to drop it. The only reason I responded to that last one is because for some reason you think i'm interested in a post count or something like that. I have no idea why you would think that, that is why I posted again. Like I said, i'm sorry, and done flaming, that is about all I can say.

Old 10-26-2000, 09:02 AM

i'm not sure how to, not really into computers too much.

Old 10-26-2000, 09:06 AM
I'm needing a caw

That's fine. But I was just trying to come up with a reason for your vague posts. What other reason could there be? Okay let's drop it.

You can click profile(upper right hand corner)and change anything you want on your sig. Trust me it's not gonna go over well and just cause another flame war if you keep it that way.

i'm not sure how to, not really into computers too much.
Old 10-26-2000, 09:18 AM

sorry, I couldn't really think of anything good.... Hey, I don't know if any of you would be interested in this kind of thing, but there is a site I stumbled upon, its http://www.riceburner.net. It is somewhat of a flame board, and they don't like foreign cars. There is a forum called the fight club there, it's basiclly all out, no moderators. I posted a flame just to mess with some people, and it is all basically gm and ford, so you can guess how it is going, me against the world. So if you want, go check it out and give me some help! The one I was reffering to is under the fight club section, and I am the vr4 guy.later.

Old 10-26-2000, 06:41 PM

don't underestimate 3000gt

I was at a stoplight and I saw a 3000GT just take off for kicks, I pulled up behind him not knowing he was going to do that & just for kicks I tried to keep up with him and it just wasn't happening. I don't know anything about that car except its low to the ground and it looks really nice. This guy I'm sure had some serious upgrades because I could hear his exhaust from quite a distance, and I doubt that's the only thing he did to it. Even if that car had a V4 in it, it's still really nice looking.
-nate
Old 10-29-2000, 12:23 PM

the vr4 is a 6 cylinder with twin turbochargers and twin intercoolers. The vr4 stands for all time all wheel drive.