4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New Maxima Owner Needs Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 05:52 PM

Hey wassup everyone well this is my first maxima and first post. I used to own a 99 Mazda Miata 10th AE until i found out im having a family! ahhhh =X So here comes the Maxima..Very nice car kicks butt, but need a little more how do you say that..SPEED! im looking for a simple yet effective N/A setup..Cold air or JWT pop Charger..Y Pipe, Random Technology CAT, Cat back Exhaust...I was wondering if anyone could help me out on where to get this stuff and a effective setup..Also must all be 50 State Smog Legal if possible! I have a 1999 Maxima GLE Auto-Magic =P Wanted stick shift but the lady has to drive the car. =T

Please please can someone help me with a setup thank you all! Look forward to the good times! Any Maxima Meets around the Bay Area California??? =D

-Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How would a 50shot of NOS hold up with a Auto-Magic car???
Old 08-25-2001, 06:12 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Isn't it great

Isn't it a great car! It'll last you forever. Now, If you had only gotten a '95 like me, you would have the quickest maxima of them all. But, the '99 isn't a bad choice.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE driving my max. After a day or 2 of not driving it, I forget it's power and man is it great.

Anyways, here's some N/A bolt-ons that will give you some boost in HP:

Pop-Charger/Cone Air Filter
CAI (Cold Air Intake)
Y-Pipe
Exhaust/catback
Headers (Heard they don't do much for a max though)
Cat. Converter

These are some of the major bolt-ons that you can do. All of them will also add a degree of deeper sound, depending on which one and if you combine them.

Now, you could also upgrade your Valve Body (VB Upgrade) to give you firmer, sportier, faster shifts, while elimating crappy downshifting. (Our auto tranny is clumsy!!) www.mobiletek.net is a popular upgrade, and the site will give you info.

Well, congratulations on purchasing the fastest sports/family sedan on the market. Expect a great engine that will give the car a long life.

Enjoy
Old 08-26-2001, 11:49 AM

Help =]

Anyone have a 50state legal full setup? From Intake to catback exhaust?

-Leeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-26-2001, 12:44 PM

Re: Help =]

Originally posted by 99GLEE
Anyone have a 50state legal full setup? From Intake to catback exhaust?

-Leeeeeeeeeee
I have one that is 50 state legal unless you need to pass the federal emissions cold start test. Read in my sig for the info. I am selling my Place Racing CAI shortly(whenever I finally get my SC installed). Im selling it for $140 and it has been on my car since July 21st. I think you should go ahead and do a CAI, Y-pipe, RT Cat, and a cat-back system. That adds tons of power and makes it growl nicely. I am personally a fan of the way the Stillen Y sounds with a cat-back, but was dissapointed in it without my cat-back. You should also get a RSB and a FSTB in that order. You will feel the RSB more than the front. If you want to know how to do a dual cat-back exhaust let me know, I'll send you the info on how I did mine.

Kirk
Old 08-26-2001, 12:52 PM

Forgot to tell you to go to www.EatRiceZone.com and tell Phuong you are from Maxima.org. He is an awesome guy with great prices and service. He can get you what you need.

Kirk