4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need help again.. Found hose connected to... nothing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 08:47 PM
Former Sponsor

I was looking in my enging bay and I found a hose that is connected to nothing. For those people who have the 93-98 Chilton's... The best picture is on page 4-6.. It looks like Arrow #9 is pointing to it. Not the big one connected to the air box .. The little one hiding underneath it.. The right side of the hose it not connected to anything. Does anyone know what this should be connected to? It has a bracket that holds it to that bigger hose but I can't find anything in that area that it should be connected to. For those who don't have the Chilton's.. It comes up from behind where the hose from the air box, the top right of the valve cover. The other end of the hose which goes towards the airbox is not connected to anything.. Sorry I don't know all the technical terms.. Hope someone can clear this up.. Thanks in advance..

MaxMoJo
Old 08-27-2001, 08:58 PM

Don't worry, everyone has one and its supposed to not go anywhere. COMPLETELY normal.
Old 08-28-2001, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by MaxMoJo
I was looking in my enging bay and I found a hose that is connected to nothing. For those people who have the 93-98 Chilton's... The best picture is on page 4-6.. It looks like Arrow #9 is pointing to it. Not the big one connected to the air box .. The little one hiding underneath it.. The right side of the hose it not connected to anything. Does anyone know what this should be connected to? It has a bracket that holds it to that bigger hose but I can't find anything in that area that it should be connected to. For those who don't have the Chilton's.. It comes up from behind where the hose from the air box, the top right of the valve cover. The other end of the hose which goes towards the airbox is not connected to anything.. Sorry I don't know all the technical terms.. Hope someone can clear this up.. Thanks in advance..

MaxMoJo
Whenever you post a technical question it is helpful to specify the model year and transmission type of your Maxima.

I believe the "goes nowhere" hose you cited is the upper end of the transmission breather tube. It is as it should be.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks...

Thanks for the responses.. This site is proving to be an invaluable resource as usual.. With the noises that I was having and other minor stuff going wrong, I think I was just getting paranoid.

MaxMojo