4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anyone ever raced a Mark VIII???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 05:23 AM

My boy has a stock 95 Mark VIII and always asks me when do I want to race him. I know he has that v 8 under the hood, but I drove it and it feels heavy plus I wasn't impressed with the acceleration either. My Max feels lighter and quicker, I think I can get em of the jump but I think he'll walk me down eventually. What do you guys think??? I have a 97 gle with no mods.
Old 08-29-2001, 06:38 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

[rant]
I'm so tired of these "will I win this race?" posts. Just do it. It's street racing, try not to take it too seriously (well, safety wise, be ****, but this is street racing anyway...). If you've bet money on the race, or talked so much smack that your ego and reputation will be ruined if you lose...you need to get the hell over it. So what, their car might be faster, yours might...WHO CARES?

Just do it. Race them, see who wins. Then you know a little more than when you started and you had some fun along the way.
[/rant]

Anyway, this one might be too close to call before hand...
Old 08-29-2001, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg
[rant]
I'm so tired of these "will I win this race?" posts. Just do it. It's street racing, try not to take it too seriously (well, safety wise, be ****, but this is street racing anyway...). If you've bet money on the race, or talked so much smack that your ego and reputation will be ruined if you lose...you need to get the hell over it. So what, their car might be faster, yours might...WHO CARES?

Just do it. Race them, see who wins. Then you know a little more than when you started and you had some fun along the way.
[/rant]

Anyway, this one might be too close to call before hand...
If you are tired of the "will I win this race?" posts then you just ignore them. This post and other race posts are for the people who have done it, or knows someone who has done it, or has wondered the same thing themselves. I'm not worried about if I win or lose 'cause it's all out of fun for me. That doesn't mean that I don't want to know about other peoples experience's and opinions. The last sentence of your post would have been enough for me.
Old 08-29-2001, 07:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by t-man

If you are tired of the "will I win this race?" posts then you just ignore them. This post and other race posts are for the people who have done it, or knows someone who has done it, or has wondered the same thing themselves. I'm not worried about if I win or lose 'cause it's all out of fun for me. That doesn't mean that I don't want to know about other peoples experience's and opinions. The last sentence of your post would have been enough for me.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:29 AM

I raced a late model one this past winter. I got him off the line (didn't launch hard or accelerate hard in first) but he began to pull on me at around 50. When I hit third though I pulled further ahead, and there was no way he was catching up. He was pretty fast, and I was impressed. I didn't think they were that fast. I only had the CAI at that point...