4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rice

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 08:45 AM

I just wanted to know what you guys think is the definition of "rice" when it comes to an automobile. To me, Rice is anything that is tasteless. Making your car look fast when in reality it's slow-- like a flamboyant spoiler or a copious amount of stickers. Chrome rims on a car worth less than 15 g's, that's rice. Altezzas? Rice. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:09 AM

Please, dont bring this up AGAIN. If you care that much just search for this. It just causes people to fight and ****. I mean really, who CARES what someone does to their car. If they like it, then they like it. Some people would call strobes ricey. They have no purpose. But if you like them, then you do. Leave it at that. Its personal taste.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:09 AM
I'm so hood

I think it's just as bad to make a car "ricey" by the previous definition as it is to shout "Rice!" at the driver, or to say something to the driver.

You used the word "tasteless," which you probably understand is a relative term. To me, I think its foolish (because I wouldn't enjoy it enough in the end compared to the time/effort/money spent) to buy things like inverted double-deck spoilers, expensive rims, altezzas, stickers, large exhaust on cars such as Civics, Integras, etc, etc...just about any car that you see such things on, really. But then again, I think it's foolish to speed (excessively or often), to street race, to have flashy rims at all, to have aggressive body kits, and to power-output-performance-mod a daily driver.
But if I see a Civic like above, I don't get all negative with the driver and try to start a ****ing contest. As long as they get some enjoyment out of what they're doing, enjoy driving their car, and enjoy spending the effort to make such modifications, then they're getting "good value" out of it.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:18 AM

Old 09-07-2001, 09:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 09-07-2001, 09:31 AM

To me rice is any vehicle that is has its origins from the east that is modified in any way. To that end we are all "Ricers" if you are not, you would care about your car and would not be on this site. Everyone is entitled to their own taste where or not you or I like it.

I have some of the items you mentioned on your post (not the wing or body kit, that's too much for me) but I do display my car from time to time and i happen to like some of the cosmetic and perfomamce mods I have done. I like others have invested serious amounts of money into my vehicle because I enjoy it. If we all had the same taste we might as well drive Dodge Aries K cars. (Sorry if anyone has that car still)
Old 09-07-2001, 10:18 AM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

some people arent just into how fast there car Is some are into its apearance. But for me im into both, my car might not be fast but Im waiting on some GO FAST mods (NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS hopefully Itll be here next week)and a Ypipe Im putting on tonight.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:12 PM

First and foremost, to all these people who think this is a stupid thread, SHUTUP and don't answer it, ignore the thread and ignore me. I was bored on a friday morning and I enjoy critiqueing other people's cars. Why do you guys get so mad at stupid things like this? Get a life.
Old 09-07-2001, 12:14 PM

dodge aries K

LOL.. yeah we might as well be all brainwashed driving dode aries K's with our bland 3 bedroom houses on suburbia st. with our 2.5 kids, a dog, and a cat. But the point is we're all individuals with our own tastes. Rice or not, its all a personal opinion. If you like it, you like it, no big deal. if u hate it, u can:
a) just keep giving it ugly looks
b) go and tell the guy that his car is an ugly pos, and he'd likely tell you the same about yours
c) go and actually try to race and get whooped on by some turbo'd ugly triple decker spoiler, z3 fendered, bright orange show off integra that runs 12's.
d) turn away and just look at your own car and feel proud of yourself for driving a maxima and not their car.

personally, i choose option d., what you guys pick is up to you. =D
Old 09-07-2001, 01:05 PM

"Rice" is making a car look faster than it is. There's a difference between rice and ugly.

btw...

Old 09-07-2001, 01:19 PM

"Get a life."

Then perhaps you take your own advice and stopwondering and caring so much about what the term "rice" means.

Btw, here's a smiley so you don't feel bad.

Originally posted by Alex97se
First and foremost, to all these people who think this is a stupid thread, SHUTUP and don't answer it, ignore the thread and ignore me. I was bored on a friday morning and I enjoy critiqueing other people's cars. Why do you guys get so mad at stupid things like this? Get a life.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:45 PM

Hmmm

Thats a damn vague question. Depends on who you ask. Some would say we're all ricers just for driving a japaneese car. You're probably one of those guys that likes to bring others down to make yourself feel better right? Now thats rice!
Old 09-07-2001, 03:34 PM

Rice

Originally posted by Alex97se
I just wanted to know what you guys think is the definition of "rice" when it comes to an automobile. To me, Rice is anything that is tasteless. Making your car look fast when in reality it's slow-- like a flamboyant spoiler or a copious amount of stickers. Chrome rims on a car worth less than 15 g's, that's rice. Altezzas? Rice. Let me know what you guys think.
Altezzas, pretty rick.

Hopefully this works. Check this link out.

http://www.newcelica.org/other/funny/rice_citation.gif
Old 09-07-2001, 03:35 PM

Re: Rice

Originally posted by T-One

Altezzas, pretty rick.

Hopefully this works. Check this link out.

http://www.newcelica.org/other/funny/rice_citation.gif
Sorry, meant to type: Pretty Rice.
Old 09-07-2001, 04:40 PM

Re: Re: Rice

LOL that citation made me **** my pants
Old 09-07-2001, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor

there was a huge thread i think by Sprintmax about this, go search or something- basically its too hard to define, I can say I've called alot of Neons 'riced' out maybe i shoulda called them 'corned' out would that make anyone feel better?
Rice is purely subjective and we'll never get a specific definition
Old 09-07-2001, 05:45 PM

i'm a real ricer- oni.... i guess

i'm asian and i drive a max.....does that mean i'm a real piece of rice!!!?!??!?!?!?!?

option D is what i ALWAYS do anyway, especially to honda's. don't have a problem with them, but they sure aren't as good as a maxima. i love turning my head the other way when a lowered 92 civic hatchback with a huge muffler tip, shiny wheel covers and maaaaad stickers drives by. i jsut hope the dude (or girl) acknowledges it.

ooOORuckusOOoo
Old 09-08-2001, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Weasel
"Rice" is making a car look faster than it is.
I agree. Im a personal fan of the "sleeper" look. It is so much more satisfying when you pull up to a "ricer" and slap their @$$! The jaw dropping expressions on their faces are more than worth the stock looks.

Kirk

P.S. Ricer is in quotations because it is subjective and I was using the definition given above.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:10 AM

You can't be a sleeper with a dual exhaust and a debadged trunk.

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

I agree. Im a personal fan of the "sleeper" look. It is so much more satisfying when you pull up to a "ricer" and slap their @$$! The jaw dropping expressions on their faces are more than worth the stock looks.

Kirk

P.S. Ricer is in quotations because it is subjective and I was using the definition given above.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by clee130
You can't be a sleeper with a dual exhaust and a debadged trunk.

In your opinion I guess not. I always pull up next to the car I want to race so they dont get a chance to see the back of the car until we start to race...then thats all they see.

Kirk