4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Max broken into

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 05:01 AM

Well early this morning (Friday) someone smashed the back right window of the maxima. Luckily it came with an alarm and it looks like they popped the hood to try to disable it or something, but there is no damage except for the window.

This has been a stressful week to say the least
Old 09-14-2001, 09:24 AM
BlkCat

I had that happen to me in the same window location last year...what gets me is that I didn't have anything "appetizing" for the thief to want to break into in the first place.

Old 09-14-2001, 09:31 AM

Take anything?

Originally posted by BlkCat
I had that happen to me in the same window location last year...what gets me is that I didn't have anything "appetizing" for the thief to want to break into in the first place.
For both of you really: Did they actually take anything or get scared and take off leabving everything there? Sorry to hear about it though guys.

SuDZ
Old 09-14-2001, 02:36 PM

nope, they didn't take anything. But I saw today that there are small rips in the leather in the back seat from when they crawled into the front seat to pop the hood.
Old 09-14-2001, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by black96se
nope, they didn't take anything. But I saw today that there are small rips in the leather in the back seat from when they crawled into the front seat to pop the hood.
Man, sorry to hear about it. May I ask why would they break the back window to climb into the front to put the hood? Does the alarm go off when you open the back doors? I heard the stock alarm goes off when the front doors are open, but I'm not sure. All I'm saying is that the Max is already a nice car so sometimes its not what you have in the car, but its the car itself they may want. Glad to hear they didn't ride off with it and all you ended up with was a broken window and some rips in the seats(ouch).
Old 09-14-2001, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Man, sorry to hear about it. May I ask why would they break the back window to climb into the front to put the hood? Does the alarm go off when you open the back doors? I heard the stock alarm goes off when the front doors are open, but I'm not sure. All I'm saying is that the Max is already a nice car so sometimes its not what you have in the car, but its the car itself they may want. Glad to hear they didn't ride off with it and all you ended up with was a broken window and some rips in the seats(ouch).
I have no idea why they went through the back seat
Yes, the alarm does go off when the back doors are open, but maybe they thought it didn't
Old 09-14-2001, 06:41 PM

Yea, then they were some supid a** theives then. If someone broke into my car intending to pop the hood, I'm guessing they would break the closest window to the lever, in that case the driver-side. Man, I'd be ****ed if someone broke into my car, my playstation would be gone as well as the 6.8 LCD monitor my girl bought me.
Old 09-14-2001, 06:58 PM

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Yea, then they were some supid a** theives then. If someone broke into my car intending to pop the hood, I'm guessing they would break the closest window to the lever, in that case the driver-side. Man, I'd be ****ed if someone broke into my car, my playstation would be gone as well as the 6.8 LCD monitor my girl bought me.
Hmm, where do you live? jk

I'd worry about that though...dont ever leave anything in your car worth stealing, even if its spare change. Why do you need a playstation in your car anyways? Are you that obsessed with video games? :P
Old 09-14-2001, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by AdMax98

Hmm, where do you live? jk

I'd worry about that though...dont ever leave anything in your car worth stealing, even if its spare change. Why do you need a playstation in your car anyways? Are you that obsessed with video games? :P
Of course I don't play while I'm driving, my girl does when she's in the car. I use it sometimes when I'm waiting for her to get out of class. I'm planning on getting a Playstation 2 so I have DVD access in the car. Now that, I would maybe use while driving, I doubt it will distract me. I currently have a mobile VCR. I do take the LCD monitor out whenever I leave the car, but the Playstation is always tucked under the driver seat, not that I'm saying it won't be taken, but I do try to hide it.