4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Guage (AutoMeter Install) Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2001, 07:41 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Guage (AutoMeter Install) Questions

I was thinking of adding guages such as those that theblue has, only with black faces. I was looking to get Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp.

Which guages do you guys like? Anyone here install them their selves?

What's involved, what needs to be purchased? I know nothing about this.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2001, 09:14 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Re: Guage (AutoMeter Install) Questions

Originally posted by ejj5875
I was thinking of adding guages such as those that theblue has, only with black faces. I was looking to get Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure and Oil Temp.

Which guages do you guys like? Anyone here install them their selves?

What's involved, what needs to be purchased? I know nothing about this.

Thanks!
You well need to buy extra wiring, and have a good wiring diagram to find a power wire to use. I installed my fuel pressure and air fuel ratio myself, wasn't very hard at all. check out www.summit.com they have good prices, and www.autometer.com to find the ones you want. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2001, 09:21 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Guage (AutoMeter Install) Questions

Originally posted by mtrai760

You well need to buy extra wiring, and have a good wiring diagram to find a power wire to use. I installed my fuel pressure and air fuel ratio myself, wasn't very hard at all. check out www.summit.com they have good prices, and www.autometer.com to find the ones you want. Good luck.
Thanks.

By extra wiring, do you just mean extra wire, or is it application specific?

I've looked at both of those sites, and pretty much know what I want but I can't find anywhere that specifies if they come with the hardware needed to install them (T's or whatever else they need).

If you buy the guage from summit does it come with everything you need for the install (other than that extra wiring)?
Old 09-20-2001, 12:49 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Re: Re: Re: Guage (AutoMeter Install) Questions

Originally posted by ejj5875

Thanks.

By extra wiring, do you just mean extra wire, or is it application specific?

I've looked at both of those sites, and pretty much know what I want but I can't find anywhere that specifies if they come with the hardware needed to install them (T's or whatever else they need).

If you buy the guage from summit does it come with everything you need for the install (other than that extra wiring)?
I meant extra wire, the guages don't really come with any (air fuel comes with a little bit...) You will also need either a guage pod, or get some stereo abs plastic and install them under the stereo like theblue... You might need some T's for the pressure senders and hose also...