4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My car got stolen!!! oh yeah..a maxima sighting too.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 09:33 PM

My car got stolen!!! oh yeah..a maxima sighting too.

i park my car in front of my friend's apartment..(one of the posh new ones sprouting up in jersey city right across the water from nyc). we head out for soem drinks..i come back at 3am. all i see is broken glass where my car used to be. I JUST put in diamond clears, lcd screen, and a stereo system that cost me 2 grand. i'm a poor student so that was basically my pay for the whole summer. i parked right under a lamp post maybe 20 feet from the front entrance had my aftermarket alarm on..oh yeah and the almighty club on the steering wheel. pssh..what totally useless pieces of crap...well it turns out the police found my car in nearby Newark this morning (SURPRISE!) anyways they wouldnt give me any details..just told me to come in tommorow morning. i guess it gives them plenty of time to jack whatever hasnt already been taken. at this point i'm just hoping its completely stripped and insurance will write it off as a total loss. kinda feel guilty for wishing that my precious ride is completley ruined, but i'd rather just get a new one if its all messed up and missing parts.

oh yeah i saw a nice black 4th gen in the apartment complex parking lot right next door as i was walking my a** to the path station since i had no ride. it was like having salt rubbed onto my wounds. it had clear corners and borbet type-e? rims. whoevers it was..nice car but make sure you keep an eye on it!!
Old 09-22-2001, 09:38 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: My car got stolen!!! oh yeah..a maxima sighting too.

what kind of protection did u have for the car?
Old 09-22-2001, 09:57 PM

profilatics?????
Old 09-22-2001, 09:59 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

sorry to hear about what happened to your car...
Old 09-22-2001, 10:05 PM

Yeah man, sorry to hear about your car. That sux. Hope all goes well with your insurance co. I was at a wedding tonight and someone stole a NEON out of the CHURCH parking lot. What is this world comming to??? Oh well, sorry to hear about your bad luck - but I gotta applaud you - after your misfortune you can still give props to someone else's car. That's cool.
Old 09-22-2001, 10:06 PM

people will steal just about anything.
Old 09-22-2001, 10:08 PM

i had one of those viper alarms that everyone and their mom has...i think the 300esp? got it from like circuit city or best buy..i forgot. i'm trying to remember if it had some kinda guarantee where they give you money if your car gets stolen. anyone know?
Old 09-22-2001, 10:19 PM

guarantee

got it from like circuit city or best buy..i forgot. i'm trying to remember if it had some kinda guarantee where they give you money if your car gets stolen. anyone know?

Hey sorry to here about your car! I work at a Circuit City and we don't have a guarantee that will cover you but you may want to check with Viper, they are the type of company that might do that.
Best of luck to you!
Old 09-22-2001, 10:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope everything works out, and that either your car escaped with minimal losses (joyride), or your insurance company is generous in its compensation.

I would be interested to know how the thief got past your alarm system. The club, well we've all seen the commercials on TV...takes ten seconds to defeat. Did you have ignition kill on your alarm? Did they cut a wire?
Old 09-22-2001, 11:01 PM
Granny Driven

Originally posted by Eric L.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope everything works out, and that either your car escaped with minimal losses (joyride), or your insurance company is generous in its compensation.

I would be interested to know how the thief got past your alarm system. The club, well we've all seen the commercials on TV...takes ten seconds to defeat. Did you have ignition kill on your alarm? Did they cut a wire?
Well I know how u feel. My rims were stoled on friday. good luck with INS!
Old 09-22-2001, 11:29 PM

all I have to say is: Autolock.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:35 AM

I thought the club had some insurance.

Originally posted by jjcmax
i had one of those viper alarms that everyone and their mom has...i think the 300esp? got it from like circuit city or best buy..i forgot. i'm trying to remember if it had some kinda guarantee where they give you money if your car gets stolen. anyone know?
Old 09-23-2001, 06:28 AM

sorry to hear bro. hope insurance pays for whatever was stolen
Old 09-23-2001, 06:35 AM

Join the growing club. I was broken into on Thursday/Friday.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:05 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

it seems as though it's only happening over on the east coast... it's still messed up to break into somebody's car and swindle stuff. what if it was a member of the .org who's committing this s***? damn...
Old 09-23-2001, 07:15 AM

SOrry to hear about your MAX.

what if it was a member of the .org who's committing this s***? damn...
Say it ain't sooo...prob a honda driver jealous of the MAX, what year was your MAX, I have the '99 is that ignition kill gonna prevent anything or should I go aftermarket??
Old 09-23-2001, 07:16 AM

call circuit city have one of the guys in car stereo check on the description of the fact tag... i am not sure but i know the 600esp has theft protection you could even contact DEI. themselves... so with the insurance money are you gonna but a down payment on an altima.. thats what i'd do... goodluck
Old 09-23-2001, 07:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about that. Try to get a 99 or newer this time around. I have a 99 with the ignition switch, but I'm going to add a Clifford as soon as I can. I don't know if it has igniton kill or starter kill, but would that affect the factory ignition switch that comes from the factory?
Old 09-23-2001, 07:51 AM

bastards!

WTf is going on, everyone stealing ****....
But this is the reason NJ insurance rates are high. Newark, lol.. ofcourse. Sorry to hear about that. What else did your car have that may be worth taking? Except stereo... rims?
Let's hope for the best to come out of this situation, whatever it may be to you......
Old 09-23-2001, 10:16 AM

well i went today..to do the paperwork for my car. i couldnt go to the impound lot yet but i did read the report. rims/tires are gone, all windows are smashed, dash is torn up, a/c is gone, ignition is damaged and "all over exterior damage"...whatever that means. did they just decide to beat the outside with a bat for the fun of it?! wtf!
i dunno..i'm really hoping that insurance will write it off as a total loss. but a lot of stuff under the hood is still there..engine, radiator etc. we'll see.
i'm still confused as to whether insurance cover my audio and h&r/tokicko suspension, fstb..stuff like that..anyone know? also i'm assuming for any other claims like the stereo and stuff in the car i will need documentation, but do i have to have an actual receipt..some of this stuff i bought on ebay..so the most i think i can get will maybe some kinda written statement from people i bought from. will that be enough?

i found out that viper does offer a guarantee...like $2500. but only if its within a year. i'm trying to remember when i got it. i think it might have been last august..DOH!! it did have a starter kill. mr. popo seemed to laugh when i mentioned it to him. he says they can get by that in minutes...i beleive it since my car was found about 5 hours after it dissapeared.

sigh..for now i have to drive my sisters accord since she went away to college. NOOOOOOOOO..i can't picture myself in a freakin HONDA..i humbly ask all of you to forgive me for this =P but my dad doesnt seem to have any plans on replacing the car in the near future so its that or nothing.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:21 AM

Man, sorry to hear that, sounds like the theft problems is just getting worse.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:59 AM
Kevlo for President

man that sucks
Old 09-23-2001, 11:16 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by kevlo911
man that sucks
Check your PM's kevlo
Old 09-23-2001, 11:20 AM

the club is useless...when you go check out the car see if the steering wheel is cut anywhere...the way they get past it is not actually cutting or doing anything to the club, but actually cutting through the steering wheel with a hack saw, and since the steering wheel is basicly rubber with a very thin tube of metal inside it flexs very easily, and once they cut through it they bend it back and let the club through the part thats bent out..meaning club is gone and soon enough your car as well...its actually a very simple thing to get past....im sorry about your loss and makes me think twice about where im going to leave my car once i pick it up next weekend...damn people...always picking on the maximas
Old 09-23-2001, 11:21 AM

I got lucky...

A few months ago my girlfriend was comming to visit me at work. It was around 9pm, so it was dark out, and she always parks next to me when she comes to see me at work. Anyway, she actually saw 3 guys trying to steal my rims. (I had 18 inch Chrome Niche Bellas at the time) She is a license and registered handgun owner, and she actually held the guys there at gun point until the police came. It turns out that none of the kids were even over the age of 15, and they actually stole a pickup truck so they could carry the rims away. I guess i got lucky
Old 09-23-2001, 11:25 AM
KCTYPHOON

strange.. my friends max was just stolen last week out of the jersey gardens mall parking lot. police recovered the car that nite with only the rims and system missing. whoever stole it broke the drivers side back window and entered through there i guess to avoid opening any doors so the factory alarm wouldnt go off. the police didnt notify him that the car was recovered almost a week later, i guess s they could charge the 300 dollar storage fee...

Old 09-23-2001, 11:29 AM

sheesh...
what state are you guys in?
i hope not Virginia...
Old 09-23-2001, 07:52 PM

I will DIE...........

............if I have no one to blame for stealin my car. It would be like an arm, my max is the only thing in this world that I like everyday no matter what.

Sorry for your loss(hopefully some good will result).
Old 09-23-2001, 08:08 PM

how do they steal a car with a club on?
Old 09-24-2001, 07:53 AM
RenTecDriver

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
Lol, i was going to answer this, but then I figured you had to be joking, right?

Old 09-24-2001, 07:58 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

watch gone in 60 seconds
Old 09-24-2001, 10:07 AM

my max was broken into on tuesday 9/11/01 between 1pm-3:30pm
they tried to pop the ignition but was unsuccessful. the 99' has a chip in the key so without it the car won't start. i was luck because they didn't take anything. they got greedy & tried for the whole car.
only thing is that its gonna cost me $$$ to get it fixed (under $500 insurance deductible)
Old 09-24-2001, 10:22 AM

sorry 2 hear about that man. just 2 many haters in this world.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:31 AM

Dont doubt it.

Originally posted by jjcmax
"all over exterior damage"...whatever that means. did they just decide to beat the outside with a bat for the fun of it?! wtf!
I would not doubt it. My friend bought a honda used like a 89 civic or something for around 600. It was already done up with some things the guy before him did like rims and a few otehr thigns like oversized RPM tach on the dash for no boost and an automatic (for loks more than anything else I guess). Well one night his car was busted into. They did not take subs from the trunk, the did not steal his rims. Here is what they DID do:

Broke two back windows and smached the rear with a bat or soemthing going by the marks. Even though they were in the car used a big pipe ( found still in engine bay)to break the hood open damaging both the hood and the locking mechanism and stole his blue oil cap. Other than that they ripped some seats and took an exhaust tip. This was in a parking garage that has people working in it all day and this happened during the day.

As much as getting caught - never happened. But they appearently considered the risk worthwhile enough for one OIL cap. Just ridiculous.

So maybe they did in fact do it for entertainment but it is just plain stupid.

SuDZ
Old 09-24-2001, 11:50 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: All I have to Say is...

JC sux big time

Sorry for your loss

I would never park my car anywhere in Jersey City. The roads there are ghetto and the fact that your car was parked by a 'yuppie' residential area and was still jacked proved that JC sucks every way you look at it
Old 09-24-2001, 01:03 PM
Kevlo for President

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Check your PM's kevlo

done
Old 09-24-2001, 01:39 PM
Granny Driven

protection!

I am wondering what should I get to escape vandalism and car theft. And dont say nothing will help from profesionals. But I need protection from small a s s h o l e s and other crooks. I know that if they want your car they will take it. But the car should be really worth the effort. By answering this thread with your knoledge you will help prevent theft. Thank you.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:19 PM

Alarms

Alarms dont deter anyone especially a car thief. if a car thief wants your car they will get it. nobody even looks twice when an alarm goes off. most alarms you pop the hood and cut one wire and its disabled. just trying to save you from buying a 5500 dollar alarm that is virtually useless
Old 09-24-2001, 02:22 PM
KCTYPHOON

the club can be easily bypassed by either cutting the steering wheel with either a hacksaw or bolt cutters. OR, a hollow pipe can be placed over the top part of the club that "u"'s under and if front of the wheel. once in place, the club can be VERY easily snapped in two peices.

Old 09-24-2001, 02:24 PM

I think I am getting a perimeter sensor...

...motion thing so my alarm will blare if anyone goes within 2 feet of my car. I could care less about the neigbors, then gain I won't have to worry at home.

Or should I build a garage?

Quick Reply: My car got stolen!!! oh yeah..a maxima sighting too.