4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

maxima back up alarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 01:17 PM

maxima back up alarm

ok ready people listen up i have a stock alarm system and they dont do nothing the same thing with aftermarket alarms believe me i know the only thing i can say is when u park your car in a shady place just unplugg your oxygen sensor and if the people do take the car believe me they are not going any were the car will always keep shutting off. so thats all i have to say i have been doing this with all my 3 maximas ( o yea dont forget to plugg it back in when u are ready to leave or else the car will shut off while u start to drive away
Old 09-24-2001, 02:11 PM

Re: maxima back up alarm

Originally posted by geomax
ok ready people listen up i have a stock alarm system and they dont do nothing the same thing with aftermarket alarms believe me i know the only thing i can say is when u park your car in a shady place just unplugg your oxygen sensor and if the people do take the car believe me they are not going any were the car will always keep shutting off. so thats all i have to say i have been doing this with all my 3 maximas ( o yea dont forget to plugg it back in when u are ready to leave or else the car will shut off while u start to drive away
I don't agree with any of this.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:52 PM

Re: Re: maxima back up alarm

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
I don't agree with any of this.
what if the theif plugs it back in?

what if they tow it?

what if Daniel doesn't agree!
Old 09-24-2001, 04:26 PM

well try it and no theif is goign to be looking for a MAF sensor to plugg back in
Old 09-24-2001, 04:34 PM

daniel...why don't you recommend it???
Old 09-24-2001, 04:40 PM

A thief may get frustrated and decide he's really a vandal and just stick you with a hefty repair bill.
Old 09-24-2001, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by pawn
daniel...why don't you recommend it???
I said I didn't agree with it. My reason is that it wouldn't work. In his original post, Geomax suggested unplugging the Oxygen Sensor, and claimed that would disable the car. That's wrong. There are three Oxygen Sensors and even if you unplugged all three, it wouldn't disable the car. In a subsequent post in this thread Geomax referenced the MAF sensor. That is an entirely different matter.

Geomax, terminology is important. If you mean MAF sensor, then say MAF sensor. Don't say Oxygen Sensor. If you are guilty of sloppy language people will think you are guilty of sloppy thinking too.
Old 09-24-2001, 06:33 PM

Re: maxima back up alarm

Originally posted by geomax
SO what would happen if you damaged the O2 sensor? or if it rain really hard? I dont think it would work to well, but hey, what do i know, im just tring to see if my pic works LOL
Old 09-24-2001, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
I said I didn't agree with it. My reason is that it wouldn't work. In his original post, Geomax suggested unplugging the Oxygen Sensor, and claimed that would disable the car. That's wrong. There are three Oxygen Sensors and even if you unplugged all three, it wouldn't disable the car. In a subsequent post in this thread Geomax referenced the MAF sensor. That is an entirely different matter.

Geomax, terminology is important. If you mean MAF sensor, then say MAF sensor. Don't say Oxygen Sensor. If you are guilty of sloppy language people will think you are guilty of sloppy thinking too.

Yep. Honestly, if someone is paranoid enough to unplug their MAF everytime they park their car, then they've got to relax. There are things you can do to prevent your car from being a target. Park in a well lit spot. Don't add flashy mods to your car. Thieves love clears and rims. Hide your valuables from plain site inside the car.

No matter what you do, a professional thief will get your car if they want it. Just don't show off the car too much, and hope it doesn't attract enough attention to get it stolen.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:23 PM

Low cost theft deterrent

The fuel pump relay is situated near the floor, behind the plastic kick panel just to the left of the driver's feet. It is a Type 1M relay in a blue plastic case. You can wire a toggle switch in series with the relay coil circuit. The coil terminals on the relay are #1 and #2. Install that switch at the top edge of the kick panel. It will be in an unobtrusive location just to the left of the hood release control.