4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hopefully coming soon: New 4th gen body kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 09:35 PM

Hopefully coming soon: New 4th gen body kits

Ok, not to get anyone's hopes up, but I'm in discussions with a major body kit manufacturer to introduce a new 4th gen body kit. It will be made of fiberglass, and replace the front and rear bumpers like the Sarona kit. However, I guarantee it will be 100x better quality than that kit is. This kit will be made from very thick fiberglass, so it won't be prone to cracking (like my Sarona kit did in 1 week) and the fit will be much better. We plan on test fitting many, many kits before ever releasing them to the public. Don't want to end up with a kit that only fits 1 out of 10 cars like someone else we are all familiar with. These kits will fit like OEM. The style will be something similar to the Black Widow kits we are all so fond of, but designed around the shape of the Maxima so everything flows.

If all goes well, plan on seeing something by Christmas time. AP-Signworks will be the only distributor of the kits, no one else. If this goes through, I have exclusive distribution rights for the Maxima.

Here's the best part, retail is only going to be around $900. I may price it cheaper for you guys, or throw a group deal together. For comparison, Sarona retails for $1300 and Stillen for $1100.

If the 4th gen kits sell well, I will get the 5th gens done also.

And don't forget, I have the Z3 fenders coming out for 4th gen Maximas also, expect those in about 5-6 weeks. Do you guys love me yet?
Old 10-13-2001, 09:54 PM

Re: Hopefully coming soon: New 4th gen body kits

Originally posted by Shadow
Ok, not to get anyone's hopes up, but I'm in discussions with a major body kit manufacturer to introduce a new 4th gen body kit. It will be made of fiberglass, and replace the front and rear bumpers like the Sarona kit. However, I guarantee it will be 100x better quality than that kit is. This kit will be made from very thick fiberglass, so it won't be prone to cracking (like my Sarona kit did in 1 week) and the fit will be much better. We plan on test fitting many, many kits before ever releasing them to the public. Don't want to end up with a kit that only fits 1 out of 10 cars like someone else we are all familiar with. These kits will fit like OEM. The style will be something similar to the Black Widow kits we are all so fond of, but designed around the shape of the Maxima so everything flows.

If all goes well, plan on seeing something by Christmas time. AP-Signworks will be the only distributor of the kits, no one else. If this goes through, I have exclusive distribution rights for the Maxima.

Here's the best part, retail is only going to be around $900. I may price it cheaper for you guys, or throw a group deal together. For comparison, Sarona retails for $1300 and Stillen for $1100.

And don't forget, I have the Z3 fenders coming out for 4th gen Maximas also, expect those in about 5-6 weeks. Do you guys love me yet?
WE will "love" you if you make indiglo stepside for 4th gen available I have first dibs on it!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2001, 09:58 PM

i love you even tho i have no money
Old 10-13-2001, 10:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

um..

I will love you once i get a maxima to put all this stuff on.

Old 10-13-2001, 10:25 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

hey, that sounds good. i can't wait to hear more about it. if there's any way i can help, just name it.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:28 PM

If you know of a place to get cheap stillen sideskirts or something similar, it would be great. I need the front and rear bumpers as well as the sideskirts for them to make the initial plug for the molds. I have the bumpers, but no skirts.

Originally posted by KrZyMaX
hey, that sounds good. i can't wait to hear more about it. if there's any way i can help, just name it.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:31 PM

how much would you be willing to sell ur sarona kit for???

if u did put the new kit on ur car???

Old 10-13-2001, 10:34 PM

Sounds great man, can't wait to see the new kit.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:53 PM

we all love shadow, at least we will, i would be very interested as i am looking and comparing many body kits and am probably going to mix up a few kits, cant wait to see it
Old 10-13-2001, 10:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Shadow, I applaud you for your attempt. It will be great to have an alternative to the Stillen and Sarona kit.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:58 PM

If you know of a place to get cheap stillen sideskirts or something similar, it would be great. I need the front and rear bumpers as well as the sideskirts for them to make the initial plug for the molds. I have the bumpers, but no skirts.

are u trying to copy their measure ment?

good job, cant wait...
Old 10-13-2001, 11:02 PM

Well, a factory Maxima has no sideskirts. Normally, they take the factory skirts or factory trim pieces and mold a new piece based on that, but that's not an option with Maximas. So I need something they can modify into a plug.

Originally posted by LucentAUTO

are u trying to copy their measure ment?

good job, cant wait...
Old 10-13-2001, 11:38 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Hopefully we can still reuse the OEM->

foglights. If not, no biggie. It's easy to wire up some aftermarket ones to the OEM wires anyway.
Old 10-13-2001, 11:59 PM

yes, OEM foglight fitting would be very good. i kinda like my oem fogs...no need to go out and pickup/install new ones.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:07 AM

Re: Hopefully we can still reuse the OEM->

Well, like I said earlier, the style will be inspired by the blackwidow kits, so I'm not sure if the factory fogs could be incorporated. We'll see.

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
foglights. If not, no biggie. It's easy to wire up some aftermarket ones to the OEM wires anyway.
Old 10-14-2001, 12:12 AM

No way I'm going to buy any of this, but I do love you for making new opportunities for us Max guys.
Old 10-14-2001, 02:21 AM

Do you guys love me yet?
I love you - in a I love my maxima kinda way
Good things come to those who wait. Maybe you can include the z3 grills with the bodykit package. I'm sure you'll meet everyones demands for the best looking kit since you yourself being a maxima owner actually take time to share and discuss your ideas and development here on the org. Too late - my hopes are high so please come through. I can hardly wait!
Old 10-14-2001, 06:25 AM

wow this souds really good. And just think... you can get the 1000k stillen kit for 700, so i bet in time we could get this kit for like 500. Now that would roooooooooock. damnit, hurry up and get this kit out!
Old 10-14-2001, 06:47 AM

Maybe you could make a front bumper option. Like with OEM fogs and than just no fogs/circle fogs, something of that nature. Than everyone could be happy
Old 10-14-2001, 06:48 AM

well if you need sideskirts to make a mold from, i am willing to pitch in $100 to get this project under way if there are others that want to do the same. i would expect a discount though when i order my kit
Old 10-14-2001, 07:26 AM

That would be nice to see some new things for the max, I'm still waiting to see somethin...anything come out for the I30..
Old 10-14-2001, 07:33 AM

Got any pics of the black widow kit?? Even if it's not for a max, just to get an idea??

thanks though!
Old 10-14-2001, 08:21 AM

really coo that u r attempting to make a new bodykit for the max...but why fiberglass??? is it just because it's easy to mold a kit with fiberglass??? or is it just because it's cheaper than urathane??? the front of the black widow kit looks ok...but i'm not too fond of the back...here's an idea...i don't know bout anyone else...but i really like the combat kit rear...looks really good to my eyes...also shadow...here is some problems u mite run into that i would just like to bring up....once/if this kit his made u would have to consider these things...95-96 and 97-99 rear and back are 100% plug and play...but the 95-96 and 97-99 is a lil different....the mounting brackets for the bumper next to the headlight...95-96 is slightly higher...so here are the options:

a) make the kit base from the 97-99 and just have the 95-96 guys replace the front grill with the 97-99 and just rip off the mounting bracket next to the headlights...

b) make one specificly for the 95-96 and 97-99 and have them retain the oem grill...

c) make a new front bumper and grill based of the 97-99 and just have the 95-96 guys rip that bracket off next to the headlight just like i did...

there are more options if u would think about it some more but basically u get the idea rite???
Old 10-14-2001, 09:31 AM

Because with a urethane kit, I'd have to commit to buying like 100 kits per week to justify the tooling expenses. Urethane molds are much more expensive. Plus, with fiberglass there are more options. And a good fiberglass kit will be strong and durable.

Originally posted by Yellowbrother
really coo that u r attempting to make a new bodykit for the max...but why fiberglass??? is it just because it's easy to mold a kit with fiberglass??? or is it just because it's cheaper than urathane??? the front of the black widow kit looks ok...but i'm not too fond of the back...here's an idea...i don't know bout anyone else...but i really like the combat kit rear...looks really good to my eyes...also shadow...here is some problems u mite run into that i would just like to bring up....once/if this kit his made u would have to consider these things...95-96 and 97-99 rear and back are 100% plug and play...but the 95-96 and 97-99 is a lil different....the mounting brackets for the bumper next to the headlight...95-96 is slightly higher...so here are the options:

a) make the kit base from the 97-99 and just have the 95-96 guys replace the front grill with the 97-99 and just rip off the mounting bracket next to the headlights...

b) make one specificly for the 95-96 and 97-99 and have them retain the oem grill...

c) make a new front bumper and grill based of the 97-99 and just have the 95-96 guys rip that bracket off next to the headlight just like i did...

there are more options if u would think about it some more but basically u get the idea rite???
Old 10-14-2001, 11:14 AM
Kevlo for President

good a new kit for a max maybe i will buy one
Old 10-14-2001, 11:59 AM

hopefully the kit will look good, and then i'll be a sucker and buy it since its gonna be christmas! time to spoil myself. weee
Old 10-14-2001, 02:53 PM

very nice to see new things come out for the max, any Ideas about maybe a new wing ? Just wondering
Old 10-14-2001, 03:01 PM
KCTYPHOON

just a thought. if the kit looks nice is there a way i could submit my car for a protype fitment? hehe

Old 10-14-2001, 04:00 PM

for all of you people who are worried about your OEM fogs fitting, when you get the kit and it is being prepped for sanding/painting, you can easily have the body shop cut a spot for your fogs.. I AM SURE THAT THIS WOULDN'T COST MUCH.. seeing as how they are already working on the kit..

hey shadow i dont think i will have any money.. i have no income

can't wait to see the kit in production and how many people will try and get a "deal"
Old 10-14-2001, 04:03 PM

there were examples of what kits were used as examples of what this is going to look like... where can I see what they are going to look like? I would buy one if it could be fitted for an Infiniti...hint hint hint...
Old 10-14-2001, 07:12 PM

It's probably not going to happen for $500. I was just setting a realistic retail as opposed to Stillen. Keep in mind that I'm going to control pricing on these kits. So there will be discounts, but there will be no whoring out of the kit at $5 above cost like some people do.

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
wow this souds really good. And just think... you can get the 1000k stillen kit for 700, so i bet in time we could get this kit for like 500. Now that would roooooooooock. damnit, hurry up and get this kit out!
Old 10-14-2001, 07:52 PM

we all like secrecy, but if you want to sell the most kits then i would recommend showing us your design before it becomes final so that we can give you input and the result will be a kit that more people will like.... just an idea
Old 10-14-2001, 07:55 PM

I second that idea

No sense in making a kit that people aren't going to buy, you'll ruin your credibility with the company thats helping you with this... even sketches or technical drawings... even if it's not for an I30.. I'll still give my 3 cents worth..
Old 10-14-2001, 08:01 PM

Re: I second that idea

id probably buy it once i got some $$$, i like to be different
Old 10-14-2001, 08:01 PM

Oh Yes

I want to see what this is going to look like
Old 10-14-2001, 08:05 PM

What kind of $$$ are we talkin to have a prototype made? Maybe if I want an I30 kit made I'll need to spring for it myself... Thats gonna suck
Old 10-14-2001, 08:11 PM

To put something into production, it's in the 5 figure range. Better off getting a custom kit if you only want 1.

Originally posted by SLC I30t
What kind of $$$ are we talkin to have a prototype made? Maybe if I want an I30 kit made I'll need to spring for it myself... Thats gonna suck
Old 10-14-2001, 08:11 PM

hey shadow, your killin me here. I just go out and get the Sarona kit because it's alittle different and not as common as the Stillen. I sand it and work on it and then right as i get ready to paint it you tell me your getting ready to make another kit. I can't keep up here.
Old 10-14-2001, 08:24 PM

haha, that sucks..

damn you for helping us shadow.. and my kit will only be 20$ shipped right???
Old 10-14-2001, 09:27 PM

those are PHAT rims on ur ride........

Originally posted by piopremier
hey shadow, your killin me here. I just go out and get the Sarona kit because it's alittle different and not as common as the Stillen. I sand it and work on it and then right as i get ready to paint it you tell me your getting ready to make another kit. I can't keep up here.

Quick Reply: Hopefully coming soon: New 4th gen body kits