4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

y-pipe talk

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 97maximaman
When i got my warpspeed it was cheaper than a budget one 200 flat with high flow cat. Dallas at warpspeed helped me alot and the quality was great. Never had bees sound at all just a little drone because im unresonated right now. Honestly if i were doing it again i'd get a wsp y, high flo cat, and budget b with resonator. That should be good for about 25-30hp.
That's a little exaggerated........
Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by The Wizard
A little? . . .
Old 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Warpspeed a year ago with no problems.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:22 AM

Also, somebody said Warpspeed was slow on delivery. Not so. Mine came within about 10 days.

Kartiste
"Carry On, & Dread Nought"
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM

I really dont think so. The y alone wont give that, but im saying aftermarket y, cat, b, and straight through muffler. That should be an easy 25hp at the flywheel. No need to bash if im being naive, but when i get the new b pipe i'll dyno, there a speed shop right around the corner of my house(i know, aint that convenient, plus i know the guy so i get free dynos).

For the past week i've been searching for budgets web site, i cant find it. Im trying to get there resonated b pipe. Anyone have either a phone number or web address?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 97maximaman
I really dont think so. The y alone wont give that, but im saying aftermarket y, cat, b, and straight through muffler. That should be an easy 25hp at the flywheel. No need to bash if im being naive, but when i get the new b pipe i'll dyno, there a speed shop right around the corner of my house(i know, aint that convenient, plus i know the guy so i get free dynos).

For the past week i've been searching for budgets web site, i cant find it. Im trying to get there resonated b pipe. Anyone have either a phone number or web address?
Ummmmmm. I understood what you wrote the first time Mr. Naive.

Here's Budget's ever changing website address....
http://thewrx.netfirms.com/lss/frame.htm
Old 10-30-2007, 08:00 AM
jojo98maxima

Ummmmmm. I understood what you wrote the first time Mr. Naive.

Here's Budget's ever changing website address....
http://thewrx.netfirms.com/lss/frame.htm

thanx for the site addy

Old 11-12-2011, 10:31 AM

glazious y-pipe anyone know about them

been lurking here for awhile but can't start new thread until 15 post so i resurrected this instead. i have a 96 gle and am looking at a y-pipe. seen this setup on ebay and wonder if anyone has any experience review info about "glazious"? i emailed them friday night about just getting the y-pipe to get cost and asked some other questions as well (like material, tube diameter & etc) and am awaiting their response. these other y-pipes for $350 (cattman0, $250 (warpspeed) are just too much to spend. any input would be helpful. if this glazious tuns out to be ok, it may be a cost effective way for max owners to get benefits of y-pipe for cheap$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-95-99...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 AM
SLOW

i guarantee that seller is not the manufacturer, fyi.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 AM

thank god he found a new aftermarket company for us! glazious!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 PM

most likely made in china, but it's not rocket science to manufacture a y-pipe and if the price is right, it could be worth a look. the cost for good/very good materials is not big and to figure out the layout is not difficult (ie copy someone else's that's already being made) so for them to sell for under $100 shouldn't be a problem. what do you think cattman makes on it when they sell it for $350? after materials and labor, it has to be pushing $250. if the glazious is made in china the labor has to be dirt cheap so this guy can import them for low cost, have low overhead and still make a good profit at a low selling cost to us. when warpspeed charges another ~$50 for their stainless version, the materials and difficulty working with it are not nearly that much. i'm just looking for a lower cost option and want to know if anyone has some experience with this glazious outfit since i see that at least 3 people have bought the y-pipe/header setup from him over the last few months.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:19 PM

i cant even get your link to load, but as youve already been told, glazious is just the sellers name. he doesnt make ****. youre stupid as **** if you dont understand this dude.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM

and you get what you pay for. if youre gettin headers and y-pipe for a hundred some bucks its gonna be a POS.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 PM

ggenius: you need to take a step back, learn how to open a link, re-read what i wrote and apologize! you're comments are out of line and totally uncalled for.
1. right click on ebay link and open in another tab-works fine on my computer
2. i'm well aware that glazious doesn't make it and if you READ my 2nd post this should be apparent to you unless you're mentally challenged
3. totally uncalled for "youre stupid as ****"; what kind of person are you to go off like this...there's something not right with you or maybe you're just having a really really bad day. regardless, don't try to take out your issues/inadequacies on me 4. i do not say that the header/y-pipe combo is ~ $100, i say that if the y-pipe goes for ~ $100; once you learn how to operate your computer properly,you'll be able to open the ebay link and see tht the combo is ~$200

man-up, acknowledge that you were out of line and apologize.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:48 PM

like i said, i couldnt get your link to load. even after i opened it in a new window.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 PM

also i dont need to open your link. because if you search ebay theres dozens of people selling the same thing for around the same price.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:08 PM

1 you're factually incorrect: there are NOT "dozens of people selling the same thing for around the same price". you are WRONG.
2 it seems you have an inability to admit that you were out of line and apologize for your inappropriate comments. you won't or can't "man-up" for your actions
3 getting back to my original post, i'm looking for comments/feedback from people that have some knowledge of or experience with the glazious product; it seems that you have neither but you do have plenty of bravado, blustering and misinformation to make up for your lack of anything meaningful, thoughtful contructive to say

once again; if anyone has any actual KNOWLEDGE about this product, please comment...if you don't, at least have something accurate and worthwhile to say. if not, i'd appreciate it if you just keep it to yourself (this means you ggenius senior member with the bad manners and ill temperment)
Old 11-12-2011, 01:13 PM

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
Old 11-12-2011, 01:36 PM

you're wrong again. your statement that there are "dozens of people selling the same thing for around the same price" is factually incorrect!! if you took the time, and have the ability, to read through the items on the link you sent, you would have seen that out of the "hits", numerous were not for headers/y-pipe and of the remaining, there are dozens of different vendors selling a similar product.
why can't you understand that you are wrong, acknowledge it and apologize for being asinine? at this point, i believe that your continued behavior makes your original comment to me, "youre stupid as **** if you dont understand this dude" fits you to a tee.

i will give you this; at least the link was somewhat healpful. thanks for that but you can keep your attitude and you still owe me an apology and retraction

Last edited by surban1; 11-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.