4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

CarFax Report Please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 06:24 AM

CarFax Report Please?

If anybody has a carfax account, can you please run this VIN: JT8BH22F4T0060574. Thanks in advance. My email address is: jasonnwyork@excite.com.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: CarFax Report Please?

Originally posted by Jason96GLE
If anybody has a carfax account, can you please run this VIN: JT8BH22F4T0060574. Thanks in advance. My email address is: jasonnwyork@excite.com.
If I had an account I would prob. help you, but mine expired a few months ago and right now I am not buying a car. It is only $14 or $20, just fork over the few dollars because it does sometimes tell you things you might not have known.

Erik
Old 10-25-2001, 07:58 AM

I'm probably going to buy a 2 month deal for $20. I'm looking at one car for a family member and I felt that was kind of stupid to pay for it if it was going to be used only once. I'm pretty sure the car is legit but I'd feel better with the report.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:01 AM

I'm probably going to buy a 2 month deal for $20. I'm looking at one car for a family member and I felt that was kind of stupid to pay for it if it was going to be used only once. I'm pretty sure the car is legit but I'd feel better with the report.
Yeah, like I said, its worth the $20.

Erik
Old 10-25-2001, 09:26 AM

See if this works. I will send one to your email also. Dude, buy the farfax thing. Best 20 bucks I ever spent!

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results confirm this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574) qualifies for the $5,000 Carfax Clean Title History Guarantee. By ordering this Carfax Report, you have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a costly hidden problem.

Section #: Section Name: Section Results:
Vehicle Specifications JT8BH22F4T0060574
1996 Lexus LS400
Title Check Clean Title History Guaranteed
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected

Problem Check 1 problem(s) found
Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registrations
Vehicle History Details 5 Total Vehicle History Records Found

NOTE: Carfax has not inspected this vehicle. It may have problems that have not been reported to Carfax.

How did Carfax analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN:
Yr/Make/Model:
Body:
Engine:
Fuel:
Driveline:
Aspiration:
Country Mfg.: JT8BH22F4T0060574
1996 Lexus LS400
4D Sedan Large car
4.0L V8 MPI DOHC 24V
Gasoline
Rear-wheel drive
Normal
Japan

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results confirm this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574) qualifies for the $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee. Carfax analyzed this vehicle's history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following types of problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete Carfax Glossary.

GOOD NEWS! Carfax search results on this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. Carfax analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
07/25/1996 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/01/2000 20,650

ALERT! Carfax search results on this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574) identify one or more potential problems.

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - Failed Emission Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

Carfax search results on this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - No Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

The Carfax database contains a total of 5 vehicle history records on this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS

06/01/1996 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Brooklyn, NY
Registered as commercial vehicle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/25/1996 10 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
New York, NY
Title issued
First lien reported

07/25/1996 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Long Island City, NY
Title issued
First lien reported
Vehicle listed as recovered theft

08/01/2000 20,650 New York
Inspection Station
New York City Area
Passed emissions inspection

08/01/2000 New York
Inspection Station
New York City Area
Passed safety inspection
Failed emissions inspection

Comment Definitions

Commercial Vehicle registered for business purposes.
Failed Emissions Inspection The tests and inspections performed at a specific emissions check indicated the vehicle was emitting more than allowable emissions standards and/or had missing or modified parts. An emissions failure, even if the vehicle passes at a future date, generates a Failed Emissions Record in the Carfax database.
NOTES:

Click here for a complete Carfax Glossary.

You have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a hidden problem. However, Carfax has not inspected this vehicle. There could be other potential problems with this vehicle that have not been reported to Carfax.

Not all titles issued represent a change in vehicle ownership. For example, a title could be issued to reflect an address change or correction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRINT AND SAVE THIS GUARANTEE ALONG WITH THE FULL REPORT

A Three-Year, Transferable Protection Plan

Carfax's $5,000 Guarantee confirms this 1996 Lexus LS400 (JT8BH22F4T0060574) has a Clean Title History. This certificate is valid for three years from date of issue, and is transferable!

Carfax $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee Terms:

Vehicle ID Number (VIN): JT8BH22F4T0060574
Year/Make/Model: 1996 Lexus LS400
Issue Date:
10/25/2001
Expiration Date: 10/25/2004

Three-year Protection Plan:
During the next three years, should you discover a problem title in this vehicle's history which was not included in this Carfax Report, Carfax will pay you 10% of the vehicle's wholesale value - up to $5,000!

Transferable Protection:
This Guarantee is transferable should you sell this vehicle prior to the Guarantee expiration date. The new owner receives the same protection plan coverage for the balance of the Guarantee's term.

*Carfax agrees to pay to the holder of this report 10% of the wholesale value of the car, up to $5,000 if Section 2 of this report indicates a Clean Title History and a Problem Title actually exists for this vehicle. A Problem Title is defined as a passenger motor vehicle ownership document issued by the state that bears the word or symbol signifying that the vehicle was salvaged or junked; rebuilt or reconstructed; flood damaged; disclosed as damaged; bought back by the manufacturer; odometer exceeds mechanical limits; odometer was not the actual mileage; or any other symbol or word of like kind. Guarantee Certificate along with corresponding full report must be presented in order to be eligible for payment.

View complete Terms and Conditions.

Carfax Disclaimer:

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®
Customer Service: websupport@carfax.com
www.carfax.com
Old 10-25-2001, 09:29 AM

Thanks Fst96se. Failed emissions? On a 96? I'm gonning to take a closer look.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:31 AM

I sent a copy to your email also. You can print that and have a nice, color copy to take to the dealer (or the seller or whoever).
Old 10-25-2001, 09:36 AM

If I read it right, it was stolen/recovered. I am not sure why, but if this is true, Carfax is wrong and it will be an S or salvage. The only exception is if it was recovered quickly. Are you buying this from a salvage yard? If you are, you must account for $3000-$5000 lose on the car's overall value.

Erik
Old 10-25-2001, 10:58 AM

I totally overlooked the theft recovery! That really ****es me off. This car is for sale by a Nissan dealer. I already called and spoke to a saleman who proceeded to tell me how great the car was. I hope for his sake CarFax is wrong. You notice the long lapse of reports from 96 to 00? Whats that all about? This car looks real shady.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:36 PM

I totally overlooked the theft recovery! That really ****es me off. This car is for sale by a Nissan dealer. I already called and spoke to a saleman who proceeded to tell me how great the car was. I hope for his sake CarFax is wrong. You notice the long lapse of reports from 96 to 00? Whats that all about? This car looks real shady.
I deal with Stolen/Reco's all the time. Give me the details and I will let you know if its a good deal or not. If you can wait a few hours I will be home and can give you approx. price range. If carfax says it was stolen it was. When you go to title the car you will most likely get a salvage title, depends on what state you live in. If you tell me where you are I can try to help you find out if you will get the dredded "S" title.

Erik
Old 10-25-2001, 03:51 PM

First off, the car was leased. If CarFax didnt mention Salvage, it pretty much means the title is clean and there was never a Salvage title issued. Basically, the damage couldve been minimal, the leasee decided to fix it and insurance obviously never took possession. The fact that it failed emissions is also very suspicious. I would stay away from this car unless you could get it for a ridiculously low price. Nissan got a hell of a deal on it, but if it was Salvage, they would never want to deal with it, so they are taking advantage of the clean title and are waiting for an unsuspecting customer to come in and catch this "great deal".
Old 10-25-2001, 07:43 PM

Thanks guys! I appreciate your support. I am going to pass on this car. Sounds like a typical NYC **** car, you know, the one thats been around the block too much. What really upsets me is a Nissan dealer is selling this car?! How can a dealer sell a salvage car? That boogles my minds. Even if they don't know, which I highly doubt, that still is not a valid exuse. I think I'm gong to call them tomorrow and have a word with them.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by NYC GXE
First off, the car was leased. If CarFax didnt mention Salvage, it pretty much means the title is clean and there was never a Salvage title issued. Basically, the damage couldve been minimal, the leasee decided to fix it and insurance obviously never took possession. The fact that it failed emissions is also very suspicious. I would stay away from this car unless you could get it for a ridiculously low price. Nissan got a hell of a deal on it, but if it was Salvage, they would never want to deal with it, so they are taking advantage of the clean title and are waiting for an unsuspecting customer to come in and catch this "great deal".
If the title never changed hands ths Salvage title "could" appear when its switched...and I do stress "could". Not a risk willing to take.

Erik
Old 10-25-2001, 07:59 PM

Something just does not sound good about this one. Personally I would keep looking.

SuDZ