4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

VQ30 ECU binary/hex addresses

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max
OK - that's clever - now I really would like to see photos of this mod. What did you use for a cam sensor, and how did you mount it? I guess that you had the rear of the exhaust cam machined to match the 3.0 cam signal?
Your right about the cam machining, it basically involves replicating when TDC occurs so the ECU knows when to fire each cylinder and synchronising with the crank sensor. With VCT, if the intake cam was used when ever the cam changed position, the engine would go into fault mode once the cam and crank signals go out of phase on the VQ30 ECU. The RB25 ECU could 'work' with just an intake cam input BUT you would need an inifinte amount of maps to adjust ignition advance and retard as the only engine position signal was moved in relation to the actual engine position. Hence why I went with the exhaust cam, which the RB25 NEO engine also uses for cam position

If you look at the FWD VQ35 head casting, it conveniently has the perfect spot right next to the intake cam sensor to mount a cam sensor once the head has some suitable machining Looks almost like the 350Z Rev-up exhaust cam sensor setup actually
Old 07-24-2009, 09:32 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by throttlehappy46
Your right about the cam machining, it basically involves replicating when TDC occurs so the ECU knows when to fire each cylinder and synchronising with the crank sensor. With VCT, if the intake cam was used when ever the cam changed position, the engine would go into fault mode once the cam and crank signals go out of phase on the VQ30 ECU. The RB25 ECU could 'work' with just an intake cam input BUT you would need an inifinte amount of maps to adjust ignition advance and retard as the only engine position signal was moved in relation to the actual engine position. Hence why I went with the exhaust cam, which the RB25 NEO engine also uses for cam position

If you look at the FWD VQ35 head casting, it conveniently has the perfect spot right next to the intake cam sensor to mount a cam sensor once the head has some suitable machining Looks almost like the 350Z Rev-up exhaust cam sensor setup actually
My Cosworth heads have holes for both sensors - that why I'm curious about your mods. I bet it's quite complicated to get the cam machined to match the VQ30 intake cam timing wheel. Did you use an intake cam sensor for this mod?

Pretty cool stuff, actually....

Old 07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Shift_custom

well how did the ecu workout for Nealoc?? any updates? times?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
SLOW

it hasn't arrived yet
Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 PM

Not trying to start anything but you guys should read the maximasdownunder.org forums. According to them, he is not very trustworthy and keeps making excuses for everything. He's been banned on several local forums.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Carlos
Not trying to start anything but you guys should read the maximasdownunder.org forums. According to them, he is not very trustworthy and keeps making excuses for everything. He's been banned on several local forums.
WOAH!!! BLINDSIDED!!!

you have links to prove your claims? otherwise its just hearsay.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by Blackwind
WOAH!!! BLINDSIDED!!!

you have links to prove your claims? otherwise its just hearsay.
As he said, just read the forum...

http://www.maximasdownunder.org/foru...kirom&start=15

Originally Posted by jordan
ANOTHER forum you're going to troll eh? What's that, 5 you've been banned off for talking sh*t so far? You obviously have a camera to take photo's (as is evident by the 'new' pictures on your Photobucket), yet you STILL can't take ONE SINGLE ENGINE BAY SHOT.
What about the bloke you agreed to show the cars in person, then made up excuses for two days straight and in the end turned your phone off?
I'm not here to troll, just warn people not to waste their time with threads built on hopes and dreams. Now, I'll happily delete this post if you can actually prove anything you've claimed - the LSx powered R34 GTR would be a good starter...

EDIT: By the way, just a taster.
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/...owtopic=411474
http://www.neovvl.org/forums/viewtop...er=asc&start=0
Originally Posted by Twincam16
So Mr Iamhappy46.

After you were shamed out of boostcruising, pulsar group of australia, australian ls1 forums due to your blatant lies, this is where you have come to hang out now?

Funny i reckon.

You sit and say that you cant come to the other forums due to the work internet being cut off, strang that you manage to come here.

To all the members on here that are even considering beliving what he says, ask for photos. He will always make a reason as to why he cant provide pics.

A member off boost went to meet up with him to put to rest all his constant lies, and once again, he never came thru with the goods.

Be weary maxima folk. He is nothing but a virus in the community that is able to tell a good story.
Heh:
Originally Posted by Maximus
damn thats disappointing

funny how the yanks believe he has all the answers and are more then willing to help his efforts with the ECU. i guess they are more gullable

i cant help but wonder whether he is telling the truth, what did we have to lose by keeping him on here
Originally Posted by Maxima1984
So true! Glad we got rid of him; probably was that 'iamhappy46' guy from Pulsar Group of Australia and whatever other alias's he's gone by on other forums... dreamer.
One such forum he's banned on, speaks to his credibility:
throttlehappy - 27th May 2007 - Banned for abusive comments, making useless posts & discussing illegal activities. Also had a habit of using unsuitable avatars & user titles.
Also banned on pulsar.org.au and some others.

Not taking sides, just doing the googling.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Shift_custom

this is what i have found. http://www.maximasdownunder.org/foru...t=3038&start=0

although all they claim is that he never produced pictures to prove if he really had what he said. from looking at his pics on his profile on here he has pics of most of the things hes posted about.. the only thing hes thorough about is TT LS1 tho.. He has a couple of pics of a vq35de and an engine bay shot (which they clamed he couldnt produce) So long story short someone followed him around bad mouthing him and the australian maxima site banned him because he couldnt produce evidence also (pics).. but from looking at the history of this thread he doesnt seem to be in a rush about anything.. soo.. IMO hes just a busy guy and got a bad wrap.. idk view the link.. take your own opinion.. im going to bed!

Last edited by 97Maximus; 07-27-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Shift_custom

^^pmohr beat me to it..
Old 07-27-2009, 10:02 PM

wow did not see that coming
Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Shift_custom

the more i read the thread on maximasdownunder.org the more i realize how childish they are on there.. its like theyre just bored or something.. i mean the mod banned the guy on he said/ she said bull**** (rumors).. he never did any of what ppl claimed on the aussie website.. so why ban him.. ppl can change.. i mean come on in a matter of 8 days from joining their website jordan banned him for not posting pics of an engine bay he claimed to have?? really? get over yourself.. if this guy was a fake as everyone claims he is, then how is he making all this so-called "bull$hit" up and having a logical conversation with grey99max about cam sensor locations, and pm nealoc about a test run for a protoype ecu.. i say if he produces with nealoc then the guy is legit and that the mod 'jordan' on the aussie forums needs to grow up and quit overreacting to rumors.. again my .02

Last edited by 97Maximus; 07-27-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by 97Maximus
the more i read the thread on maximasdownunder.org the more i realize how childish they are on there.. its like theyre just bored or something.. i mean the mod banned the guy on he said/ she said bull**** (rumors).. he never did any of what ppl claimed on the aussie website.. so why ban him.. ppl can change.. i mean come on in a matter of 8 days from joining their website jordan banned him for not posting pics of an engine bay he claimed to have?? really? get over yourself.. if this guy was a fake as everyone claims he is, then how is he making all this so-called "bull$hit" up and having a logical conversation with grey99max about cam sensor locations, and pm nealoc about a test run for a protoype ecu.. i say if he produces with nealoc then the guy is legit and that the mod 'jordan' on the aussie forums needs to grow up and quit overreacting to rumors.. again my .02
i do agree with ya on this.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:14 AM

Actually, I am only banned on two forums... and that includes MDU.

Just to clarify, the MDU site has timmyp34 stating that people have lost money because of me but yet he has no proof to back that up. My lawyer has viewed the site and a nice little defamation case is winging its way to him already for that comment unless he wants to provide evidence to the judge on who it was with a signed affadavit from said person detailing the events No doubt he is a sheep and too stupid to realise someone else led him up the garden path!

Dont get me started on Twincam16... I have proof of enough 'wrong info' dished out by him to fill a text book. He told a Pulsar forum member to use SR20DE valves to rebuild a DET head, not realising that DET valves are sodium filled and thus use a different valve stem. As I dont post on the Pulsar forum anymore(by choice!) I contact Twincam16 via PM on boostcruising to correct him, the attacks on boostcruising started just after that actually. Strange...

Boostloosing as it is affectionately known, is a bit childish. I actually signed up for the tech section where 95% of the responses in the tech section are from me and 99% of the answers were accurate and often saved forum members money!

Yes... I had 'legal issues' with my driving licence for a LONG time and I had a good reason for not posting pictures of a my personal cars. The TT LS1 was a work vehicle
I also have a nice Ricoh CX1 camera and a Sony video camera to ensure that the conversions I have done are accurately covered and documented...

I am sure that Travis(turbos13hatch) can comment on what its like to have people copy the work and effort you put into doing a high quality conversion kit, so YES I have been very coy on how much info I provide as I would like some exclusivity in our local market for atleast a few months.

The old Pulsar has already been photographed for a car magazine, I am just waiting on the results of a local car drag racing event(Jamboree) before the article is made public with an update on the new engine setup.

Now, since I have the offer on the table that US customers can pay via paypal OR deal with Lucas from Bikirom direct... then I struggle to see how I am gaining anything other than the fact I did something different and the info is shared in the community. The HOURS I spent thinking outside of the box to get this conversion sorted, with Maxima owners getting the advantages as well speaks of what my real passion is... CARS.
I have offered the ECU's to Nealoc and others for no cash down at all for the sole purpose of testing the ECU's in the USDM. If they are happy with the product, then cash exchanges hands. Does that sound like the actions of a nigerian scammer?

I do actually work crazy hours, which is not even in the automotive industry. Cars are a passion that takes up most of my spare time, which I have minimal of anyway. As such, not being on the ls1 or boostcruising forums, I have a lot more time for action

PS: I even PM'd Jordandalley via this forum and offered him access to my LOCKED Photobucket folder to view the cars(every Pulsar I have converted so far!) on the condition the info is not shared yet. No reply... thats why I have no interest in returning to MDU even if I get unbanned.

Also, in post 168... the section about why I was banned is untrue!
I never abused anyone, I NEVER EVER discuss illegal activities(due to the legal stuff I had going on!) and the rest of the stuff is also wrong. Not even sure which forum that is from since I cannot acces boostcruising or ls1 forums until my home ISP is restored.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 AM

The interesting part about the Pulsar forum is:
http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=52593
I developed a system for Pulsars to upgrade the stock ignition system with the Crane Cams LX91 ignition coil with detailed instructions, nearly every forum member now sports this upgrade.
Also notice the last time I logged in?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Kevlo for President

We don't need to bring old baggage over, it seems you are helping us just fine...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:38 AM

im still on the list when these ecu's come out.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwind
im still on the list when these ecu's come out.
I would love to get one aswell. Im just not going to get my hopes up.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Shift_custom

agreed man.. keep me on the list.. enough said.. like kevlo911 pointed out, let it rest.. i even stayed up and read the majority of the "boostloosing" forum also.. and that timmyp34 guy seems like a big douchebag.. just a punk kid really lol.. it was like the pot callin the kettle black.. the more info you provided him the more he kept wanting.. there was no shutting him up lol.. your wealth of knowledge cant be 'made up' in my opinion.. no one research's a subject as much as youve shown on here just to lie about not having a car.. lets not turn our forum into a 'soap opera' as one of the guys on MDU called it.. keep up the goodwork! i have a spare ecu waiting
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

agreed man.. keep me on the list.. enough said..
Same goes for me - his knowledge and skills show through the other BS. I understand him wanting to protect his developments - I agree.

Stick around, bud.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Shift_custom

soo.. whats the update.. did you get your cams,flywheel, etc back from the machine shop yet? aka have you started the rebuild already. oh btw is lucas waiting on your input for the start of the V4 board production?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:09 PM

Machine shop still has the front bank exhaust cam but other than that, the engine is sorted out and awaiting time for the workshop to install it.

Lucas spent a month in Europe on holiday(my holiday was spent working on cars lol)
He is back now so I can send him the next VQ30 ECU I have here and get a few more V4 boards sorted out for testing / sale etc.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
SLOW

were you able to get the one coming to me sent back out?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wow.. wasn't expecting all that drama when I came back to this thread. Good things come in good time. I'm sure this project isn't easy which is why I have been patient and simply offer to help with whatever I can. We aren't always innocent of this here either, look at what just went down with the RB26 in a maxima thread over the past week.

I say keep up the good work man!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:07 AM

Working 92 hours a week at the moment Nealoc, the girlfriend is taking it to the post office for me as soon as she has a spare 5 minutes. Hopefully US Customs are happy with the documentation this time!

It is 3.05am here, thats how busy I am and my last 25 minutes before I got to sleep are spent on car related stuff then back to work in 6 hours to do it all over again.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 PM

ECU was sent this morning Nealoc, Lucas has two more ECU's ready for fitment and testing. If everything is fine 4 weeks from now, I think it will be considered a success.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:13 PM
SLOW

awesome, looking forward to it.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Let me know how things go Neal, U know i am always looking for something to spend money on.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 PM

updates? i'm always looking for something for kzoosho to spend money on.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Shift_custom

Well 4wks was yesterday.. And still no updates of whether the ECU even worked for Nealoc
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 PM

Well 4wks was yesterday.. And still no updates of whether the ECU even worked for Nealoc
there have been some issues with shipping and customs. Neal will inform us as soon as he has received the ECU and successfully completed testing.

delays happen, that's R&D for you.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 AM

Dont transport ECU's with plywood strapped around them to stop the scanners from 'blanking' the EPROM chips. I also suspect they opened up the packaging to ensure I was not sending 5Kg's of stuff the D.E.A would be interested in either.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:57 AM
SLOW

Nope no updates other than US customs keeps screwing with getting the ECU to me. They have sent it back to Australia twice now. They are really delaying my turbo 3.5 project and I also want to test the ECU out NA before I returbo lol. Trust me I've updated ya'll continuously on stuff way less important than this, once I have something to update you on I'll be posting full analysis.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Shift_custom

no worries guys.. this was all news to me.. just curious.. thats bs tho.. twice? geez! where the hell is caesar at? cant he test this thing? lol.. thanks for the update tho
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
SLOW

we're not going to ***** up this thread like this... something will be posted when there is something to post.

previous posts deleted
Old 10-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Shift_custom

something is always better than nothing.. i feel sorry for ppl who have worked their builds around the production of this ecu.. including you nealoc.. i still ask the same question of.. why dont we contact ceasar to test this thing so that we can keep the ball rolling and get it tested in a US car? that seems a lot easier than keep running into a wall over customs battles..
Old 10-22-2009, 09:05 PM

very interesting!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:43 PM

I am 99.99% sure there will be no problems with fitment and running for 99.99% of US cars and there will be no issues with Australian cars. However, V3 of Bikirom did have a few issues upon initial release which did have problems(The Bikisoft program was at release 3.4.11 from memory prior to V4's release) and I would REALLY like to avoid that with you guys since the shipping cost across the Pacific would make it a hassle.

At the moment, I am aiming for a few more tables mapped out in the factory binary but I require Lucas(Bikirom creator) for that part, which is time intensive. Then, mapping out the binaries requires my time to work out what the values affect. For example, throttle enrichment tuning is the small squirt of fuel added when the throttle position increases, as a large volume of air is initially sucked into the engine before the MAF registers the additional air flow. The MAF has already metered the air but as it is used quicker, more fuel is required. This is an electronic version of the old carby accelerator pump

So although Nealoc should have his ECU by end of next week, there will ALWAYS be development going on from the Australian end as we map out values that are worth altering. I am working on a little side project when I have had spare time which will make the need for a 95/96/97 VQ30 ECU not mandatory either since RB25 R34 ECU's sell cheap. The RB25 ECU looks like it can be reprogrammed to take the VQ30 cam timing signal, which means VQ35 swaps into 4th gens will be less complicated.

EDIT: Just spoke to Lucas, I have EIGHT (8) ECU's being sent to him for fitment in the next few dyas once I get home next. I will be home for 3 months after November as the mining jobs I have been doing are starting to dry up and I actually would like to spend my commission money some time. If there are any members in the Las Vegas area during mid december that are interested in a free install and custom tune, then feel free to contact me

Last edited by throttlehappy46; 10-23-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by throttlehappy46
I am 99.99% sure there will be no problems with fitment and running for 99.99% of US cars and there will be no issues with Australian cars. However, V3 of Bikirom did have a few issues upon initial release which did have problems(The Bikisoft program was at release 3.4.11 from memory prior to V4's release) and I would REALLY like to avoid that with you guys since the shipping cost across the Pacific would make it a hassle.

At the moment, I am aiming for a few more tables mapped out in the factory binary but I require Lucas(Bikirom creator) for that part, which is time intensive. Then, mapping out the binaries requires my time to work out what the values affect. For example, throttle enrichment tuning is the small squirt of fuel added when the throttle position increases, as a large volume of air is initially sucked into the engine before the MAF registers the additional air flow. The MAF has already metered the air but as it is used quicker, more fuel is required. This is an electronic version of the old carby accelerator pump

So although Nealoc should have his ECU by end of next week, there will ALWAYS be development going on from the Australian end as we map out values that are worth altering. I am working on a little side project when I have had spare time which will make the need for a 95/96/97 VQ30 ECU not mandatory either since RB25 R34 ECU's sell cheap. The RB25 ECU looks like it can be reprogrammed to take the VQ30 cam timing signal, which means VQ35 swaps into 4th gens will be less complicated.

EDIT: Just spoke to Lucas, I have EIGHT (8) ECU's being sent to him for fitment in the next few dyas once I get home next. I will be home for 3 months after November as the mining jobs I have been doing are starting to dry up and I actually would like to spend my commission money some time. If there are any members in the Las Vegas area during mid december that are interested in a free install and custom tune, then feel free to contact me
DUDE!!!! ILL LET YOU STAY AT THE HOUSE!!!!! im in vegas hit me up!!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Shift_custom

so these boards for the VQ30 will be V4 boards with the V3 software? When is the V4 software expected to release? Also.. when you are in Vegas can we save on shipping across the pacific.. Can you ship the 8 from the states? If so ive got the money let me know.. Actually I already have a 95 ECU waiting for this so.. Oh still never heard back from you about the screenshot for the VQ35 volumetric efficiency data..

Last edited by 97Maximus; 10-30-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 PM

..bump..

Been nearly a month so worth a bump I think

Quick Reply: VQ30 ECU binary/hex addresses