4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I finally bought a Maxima today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:16 AM
wants an I35

Originally Posted by sho89mtx
after driving it for a while, here's my plus and negatives compared to the other cars i've driven:
pluses:
1)The car handles incredibly agile and smooth, better than any sports car I ever owned.
2)everything is so smooth on it, maybe because it's the first foreign car I owned, but the way everything works is like silk, the steering, the ride, the controls inside etc.
3)The car is crazy fast for only having 190hp! My GTP when it was stock was 240hp and this car seems faster than my stock GTP when it was stock, Of course.
Negatives:
1)the headlights. I hate how they dont turn on and off automatically and u have to rotate a turn signal type switch to use them.
2)No beep on alarm. I can never tell if my car is locked unless i'm standing in front of it and see the lights go on.
3)no one-touch sunroof or sunroof automatically closing when u turn the car off. Even my Ford Explorer has a sunroof that closes when u turn the car off.
but those are all just little things, overall I love the Maxima compared to my other cars so far. It feels like it's very well put together

in case your wondering, here's most of the cars I've owned and suped up so far:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/scottsachau

1) what? these cars handle like boats unless you have a grand dumped into your suspension

2) yea the car is really smooth. the party are quality. thats the reason i own one - luxury and a little sport

3) yea, i felt like my 3rd gen was a little faster, but that could just be because the 4th gen is heavier. yea, for a stock heavy sedan, its pretty fcking fast.

1) i had volvos for my first couple of cars and they have auto headlights, so yea i hated having to turn my headlights on and off when i got out. but after a year ive just learned to be conscious of it. plus there should be a beeping noise in the cabin if you leave them on.

2) you can mod the stock alarm to trigger the horn. here is the writeup:
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/readarticle.php?article_id=49

3) you can mod the sunroof to be one touch. here is the writeup:
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/readarticle.php?article_id=40

yea these cars are amazing. probably one of the best "for your dollar" cars available.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by sho89mtx
after driving it for a while, here's my plus and negatives compared to the other cars i've driven:
pluses:
1)The car handles incredibly agile and smooth, better than any sports car I ever owned.
2)everything is so smooth on it, maybe because it's the first foreign car I owned, but the way everything works is like silk, the steering, the ride, the controls inside etc.
3)The car is crazy fast for only having 190hp! My GTP when it was stock was 240hp and this car seems faster than my stock GTP when it was stock, Of course.
Negatives:
1)the headlights. I hate how they dont turn on and off automatically and u have to rotate a turn signal type switch to use them.
2)No beep on alarm. I can never tell if my car is locked unless i'm standing in front of it and see the lights go on.
3)no one-touch sunroof or sunroof automatically closing when u turn the car off. Even my Ford Explorer has a sunroof that closes when u turn the car off.
but those are all just little things, overall I love the Maxima compared to my other cars so far. It feels like it's very well put together

in case your wondering, here's most of the cars I've owned and suped up so far:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/scottsachau
1. The stock suspension on an SE is not too bad if you are coming from a luxury type car, as I was. I am ordering struts next week to be mated with lowering springs which should help with looks/handling.

2. The interior is very simple and easy to work. The auto cc and radio controls are very easy to understand and work. No complaints on the interior.

3. The car is fast stock, however I thought that my dad's auto 1jz Solara was faster than my car stock. Now that I am bolted on, I am definitely faster.

1. Nothing you can do about the headlights, I agree that automatic headlights are nice, but no big deal for me really.

2. Having no alarm beep is kinda nice if you ask me, I do not like to draw attention to my car if I do not have to.

3. I definitely agree that a 1 touch sunroof would be nice as well. Again, no big deal though.

The only other thing that I wish Nissan did was add an auto-dimming rear view mirror w/ the leather package like on the i30s. I came from cars with automatic dimming mirrors and i really cannot wait to swap the one from an i30 in. Anyways, good luck. It sounds like you got a car you will enjoy.