4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anyone with a HHO intake kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by rxm6
No, you do not need three. You only need 2. Only the O2 sensors in front of the catalytic converter need the EFIE device. The one after the cat measures for more oxygen to make sure the cat is doing its job.
Why won't we need to cover the other O2 sensor?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:50 PM

The third O2 sensor may use the calculated measurements from the first two O2 sensors to measure the difference of oxygen after the cat. So one for the third isn't needed because it relies on the first two O2 sensor readings.

That is my theory based on rxm6's post.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kadantsev
Why won't we need to cover the other O2 sensor?

I think he's saying that the computer doesn't look to it to provide information on the amount of oxygen there is in the system, rather, it's just there to tell you if your catalytic converter is cleaning the air out properly.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
I think he's saying that the computer doesn't look to it to provide information on the amount of oxygen there is in the system, rather, it's just there to tell you if your catalytic converter is cleaning the air out properly.
Exactly. There is an error code that sets off the SES light that says something to the effect that Sensor Bank 3 is Below Thresh hold. That means that the 3rd O2 sensor is not detecting enough oxygen in the exhaust. So that's why people who remove their cat converter get an error code. The engine does not rely on sensor 3 to modify engine performance, instead it is used as a tool to say that the cat converter is bad or to fail you on a SMOG test
Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 PM

Won't it do something to the system though? Flip the check engine light at least?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 AM

Won't it do something to the system though? Flip the check engine light at least?
Possibly, it's hard to tell at this point. When it combusts the hydrogen, it makes water vapor, correct? This is in addition to the regular gas being combusted, so there would still be oxygen in the system, no?

I'm theorizing, experts please step in!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Yes, there will still be oxygen in the system. The H2 and O being pumped into the system will react with themselves and then the additional oxygen being pumped in will react with the gasoline. However, since the H2 and O combust more efficiently, it will also increase the efficiency of the gasoline being burned resulting in more oxygen exiting your cylinder and thus making your catalytic converter work less. The 3rd O2 is not actually sensing oxygen, what it is sensing is if the unburned gas vapors in the exhaust are at the appropriate levels. The catalytic converters job is actually to "re-burn" your exhaust and combust the unused gas vapors still present from your cylinder.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:05 PM

got all my stuff today...

Going to create the smacksbooster this weekend....* Any updates from anyone else trying this???
Old 05-02-2008, 08:47 AM

I am buying the electronics to build the EFIE as I type this. If anyone needs one let me know and we may be able to work something out. The smack booster is on my to do list for next week.

Edit: FYI, if you build your own EFIE you can buy all the electronic parts from Electronix Express and it is a lot cheaper than Radio Shacks prices. All the parts are found in the .pdf I posted earlier.

Last edited by Powerman5115; 05-02-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 PM

The weather has been pretty rainy up here in the Great White North. Will try to finish up my device this weekend as well.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:36 PM

Kadantsev: Let me know your results when you get everything working. I am wondering if I am just wasting my money or not. It will be a fun experiment none the less.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Powerman5115
I am wondering if I am just wasting my money or not. It will be a fun experiment none the less.
If I can get even 2 miles more per gallon, I will consider this a great success. However, I need to use the device for a few weeks to see if I can justify and savings in buying gas vs. buying distilled water and see if they offset each other. I, however, hypothesize that I will notice some reduction in operating costs.

BTW...just a tiny update. Smack device fully built except for plates inside which are being sanded and dimpled as I write this. Also, after thoroughly re-reading the Smack site and the FAQ's. I read that the device needs to be "primed" for about a week before being used in the car. This is a long process involving sweating the impurities out of the stainless steel and creating a hydrolization layer over the stainless steel.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:29 PM

I created an excel spreadsheet that calculates the gas savings. Excel Spreadsheet. Change the gas mileage and percentage increase to find your savings. Hope this is useful to some.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 PM

anyone have any pics of the booster installed? Any results yet? About to buy all the parts.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:50 PM

I'm also watching this very carefully.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:01 PM

as will I, hoping this may prove to help with my lower than pleaseing gas mileage..
Old 05-05-2008, 06:49 AM

I'll take some pictures of the progress after work
Old 05-05-2008, 07:59 AM

I'll take pictures today as well. I have the device built, but still waiting for (2) EFIEs and the KOH to arrive, so I haven't spent too much time on it. I've started preparing a mounting holster as well that will sit under the battery. I will work on that this week and get it mounted and take some pictures.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:50 PM

a 3 liter engine would require so much more hydrogen to see any performance gains, you would need a hydrogen factory in your trunk.
also hydrogen output is fixed but the engine load varies?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BluFlame
a 3 liter engine would require so much more hydrogen to see any performance gains, you would need a hydrogen factory in your trunk.
also hydrogen output is fixed but the engine load varies?
True!

However, I'm not looking for performance from this mod. I'm looking to offset my gas consumption with a cheaper fuel - distilled water.

Also, this HHO intake will probably not work above 3k RPMs and if I'm not mistaken I remember reading something that stated that figure. This mod is more for cruising on the highway below 3k. The unit I have made is purported to make 1.7L of hydrogen per minute, plenty to support an idling or cruising engine.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM

any updates?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 PM

waiting for my EFIEs to arrive and my KOH electrolyte to arrive before I proceed with anything else
Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM

Here's my update: I will start building my smack device Monday. All of the booster parts are ready to be assembled but the electronic parts for the EFIE circuit are still on hold. Two parts are on back order. I figure I will build the booster then work on the electronics.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 PM

To those who are saying that HHO doesn't work, you are just making yourself look idiots.

Not just this gas is clean burning and environment friendly, it actually has 3times explosive power than petrol, and the biproduct is just water.

This technology has been around, military uses this in their tanks, NASA uses this in their space shuttles, haven't you noticed those two big cylinder under the belly of a space shuttle? it's full of hydrogen, if its petrol, environmentalist are already rallying everytime there's a plan for this space shuttle to take off. Why NASA is using it? because they already know the secrets of breaking hydrogen and oxygen efficiently.

For sure, you haven't experimented on this technology, and what you are claiming is what your teacher told you in school.

Before downplaying HHO, Go to google, or you tube, look up the name Stan Meyers, Daniel Dingel, Bob Boyce, RAVIWFC, they already attained efficiency of generating HHO, even greater than faraday law. Their hydrogen generators is even more than 100% efficient. Stan and Daniel already has car that run entirely on water fuel.

I'm actually almost done putting this into my altima. My previous toyota car has this, and I gained about 9miles/gallon, the energy to power my electrolyzer is free, its from the alternator.

If you keep saying it's not true, and doesn't work, I can't wait to hear you will be asking how to make one of this because the gas prices is already hurting your wallet.

The only way to prove it is do it yourself.

Last edited by n0ypi; 05-10-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:36 PM

And by the way, my previous car was a corolla 2000. My hydrogen generator consumes about 10-15amps/12v, generating 1.3Liters/min of HHO, not really an efficient HHO generator, But Hey, the energy it consumes if free from the alternator anyway... In essence its free energy.

Can't really complain for additional 9miles/gallon.

To all skeptics, you can remain skeptics and remain close minded forever, because you are the type of person who can't even convince yourself. HHO generator builders are all laughing at you because you never built and dont know how to build it.

Time for me to build a PWM circuit to produce more HHO efficently. Bye, bye!...

LOL! (LOL! more to you!)

Last edited by n0ypi; 05-09-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Bassman607,

It's good that I did slept through that class, because I suspect that my teacher is a retired Exxon employee.

Scam? I think where you got your Ph.D from is from a government instutition or from the Oil Companies who are trying hard to suppress this technology.

Go get a refund dude and just study music, you'll probably learn the resonant frequency of water, and achieve overunity, the secret of efficiently breaking hydrogen and oxygen from water. And people actually got murdered for spreading this secret to the public 20years ago, Read more what happened to Stan Meyers.

Bass, I'm here to convince others who are willing to try this technology. I'm not here to convince you and explain this in detail, because I wont.

Face it. You never built one of this to prove it's not working, because all you have are just false claims and speculations, and what you always thought you learned from Exxon University is always true, and they already shut your brain from there, to make sure that you wont explore the energy locked in water which is virtually free and dont have to dig it, that there's a way to extract it efficiently, and they'll go out of business if this becomes a common knowledge.

Hahahahah!!!!...

Originally Posted by Bassman607
It's obvious that you guys slept through both physic and chemistry class. First, you're not hydrolyzing enough water to make any difference in your milage. Secondly, from themodynamics you should know that there is no free lunch. The energy to hydrolyze the water is supplied by the battery, which is charged by the altenater, which is driven by the engine , which is powered by gasoline. The third law says that at every one of the afore mentioned energy transfers there is an energy loss.

Face it. You are a victim of one of the oldest scams scine the internal combustion engine was invented. And Yes, I have a Ph.D in physical chemistry.

Last edited by n0ypi; 05-10-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:28 AM
KH3 by popular demand

Got my parts friday to build mine. Still trying to figure out the fuel cell construction because there are a few options, plate, spiral, clam,etc. With the price of gas (to those who still use 91+)it's worth a shot. Quite a few people getting into this too, you can just search ebay for hho and see efie and hydrocell stuff. You can either use the efie elctronic or try the o2 extender to get past the o2 sensor fuel dumping.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 PM

maxgtr2000, what design are you building now... my tip, dont ever build or buy from water4gas, this are scammers, out for easy money. Their electrolyzer is very inneficient, if you dont believe me, buy one, and measure it's gas output, and dont expect to get your money back. Please dont believe what they claim about their booster, it is a piece of s.it,
A design that uses stainless steel wire as electrodes and in a jar is more of a water heater and not an electrolyzer.

This guys are even selling online books how to build an electrolyzer, including smack booster, and boyboyce design, they are selling everywhere, dont be a victim, this books are downloadable for free, everything! all the plans are on the internet for free!

You better off building a smack booster, or better yet, a 7 cell (series) electrolyser which is more efficient than smack, or better yet, build the stan meyer electrolyzer, go to youtube and search for raviwfc, you'll see him built and testing it.

You've been warned!

Go build one now...

Last edited by n0ypi; 05-11-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:30 PM

any of you guys building your cells of the style with one metal tube inside another metal tube?
if so i want to know where you are buying your metal tubes and what metal are they made of.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:30 PM
KH3 by popular demand

I'm going with smack's design because it looks very efficient, and I have been checking out the output of fuel cells on youtube, looks like the plate design has good output. I almost bought the glass jar off ebay but figured I could build one cheaper. I'm glad I waited because there is so much info on different builds out there. The video of the spiral cell was pretty sorry output wise, I want out put that makes a difference. The 7 cell is impressive, and Stan Meyer's design is off the charts. I just don't have room under the hood for all that.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by black_maxed95
any of you guys building your cells of the style with one metal tube inside another metal tube?
if so i want to know where you are buying your metal tubes and what metal are they made of.
You mean like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/316L-HYDROGEN-GE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...spagenameZWDVW

btw, does any one have the stan meyers plans? Don't feel like spending $4.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Guys, need help, still new to altima.

Where can I find a hot wire (only live when engine is running) to hook up my relay for the hho cell. So it'll be powered up only when the engine is running. Before spending too much time, where is the fuel pressure sender wire, or fuel pump wire, or anything that is live that is easily accesible under the hood.

Kadantsev, look here..
http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files..._Full_Data.pdf

Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Horizontally opposed.

Check the fuse box inside the car. There are lots of IGN power sources. Run a wire from there thru the firewall, or thru the grommet in the door jam.

Originally Posted by n0ypi
Guys, need help, still new to altima.

Where can I find a hot wire (only live when engine is running) to hook up my relay for the hho cell. So it'll be powered up only when the engine is running. Before spending too much time, where is the fuel pressure sender wire, or fuel pump wire, or anything that is live that is easily accesible under the hood.

Kadantsev, look here..
http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files..._Full_Data.pdf
Old 05-13-2008, 12:13 PM

Thanks mowgli29, that's actually my next question, if i'm doing through the firewall, is there a easy way through there, any grommets or ready made holes, instead of going through the door jam which is a little long route for me? I'll be putting more wires through, like switches and display.

Never thought of door jam grommet, you just gave me another idea.

Originally Posted by mowgli29
Check the fuse box inside the car. There are lots of IGN power sources. Run a wire from there thru the firewall, or thru the grommet in the door jam.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Horizontally opposed.

Thanks mowgli29, that's actually my next question, if i'm doing through the firewall, is there a easy way through there, any grommets or ready made holes, instead of going through the door jam which is a little long route for me? I'll be putting more wires through, like switches and display.

Never thought of door jam grommet, you just gave me another idea.
No problem. IIRC, there were no pre-cut holes. On my old auto, I drilled a hole where the clutch master cylinder would be. On the new 5spd, I drilled a hole next to/below the clutch master cylinder. Are you 5spd or auto?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:34 PM

I have 2006, 2.5SE auto.

Originally Posted by mowgli29
No problem. IIRC, there were no pre-cut holes. On my old auto, I drilled a hole where the clutch master cylinder would be. On the new 5spd, I drilled a hole next to/below the clutch master cylinder. Are you 5spd or auto?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Horizontally opposed.

I have 2006, 2.5SE auto.
Oh wow, well I really don't know if things are laid out the same on your firewall as mine...but like I said, maybe try drilling where the clutch slave cylinder would be. Make sure you check before drilling to make sure you won't damage anything important.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:09 PM

The door jam grommett sux, that's what I have, wires are visible, unclean, unorganized. Do it right, do it once, do it clean.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:22 PM

You mean like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...spagenameZWDVW

ya like those... do these work as well as the youtube videos show? is there a place to buy these and make your own instead of spending the $80?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by black_maxed95
ya like those... do these work as well as the youtube videos show? is there a place to buy these and make your own instead of spending the $80?
Best thing to do is to visit the junkyard to find something usable. Pretty much any metal will do, there is a slight difference with certain metals in how much electricity they put through, but steel, stainless steel will do. Stainless steel is recommended because it will last you longer.

Should be sufficient to produce enogh HHO.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a HHO intake kit?