4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima of a completely different style. Discuss.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by LeVeL
Ugly grille, ugly mirrors, ugly rims - 22" is just plain stupid, I hate the roof, I like my door handles, the pass-side tv screen is dumb, the steering wheel doesnt belong on a grocery getter, the interior materials are gay, the floor mats dont match the seats/dash, stock gauges after all that hard work on the rest of the car, its an auto... sorry, but

What I do like is the flat black
and props for being some-what original

And I find it amusing that you'd refer to many of his choices for modifications as 'gay' or 'dumb' then giving him props for being 'some-what original.'

Seriously, how much of a toolbag can you be?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by loud3
Have you ever run air suspension before? If so, have you ever run hardline?
he could have ran it invisible w/ less/less angular bends by using ports to the inside.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor

And I find it amusing that you'd refer to many of his choices for modifications as 'gay' or 'dumb' then giving him props for being 'some-what original.'

Seriously, how much of a toolbag can you be?
you do realize that judging someone for their opinion is just as bad as bashing someone's style right?
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
he could have ran it invisible w/ less/less angular bends by using ports to the inside.
I, for one, happen to like it.

I think hardlines, in general, for air suspension is a bit overkill. I've only hardlined juice, and that's because I don't trust 1200PSI shooting through reinforced hose.

Maybe I am in the minority.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:24 PM

you do realize that judging someone for their opinion is just as bad as bashing someone's style right?

It's not that I'm judging for the opinion.

I legitimately have YET to see him make an informed, non-negative post. Everything has SOME degree of negativity. And it is rather annoying to circumvent it left and right because I might be viewed as judging.

I'm just going to come out and say it, I just flat out don't think he has anything informative to add to the forums.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor

when i was building trucks we always used copper hardline (when not many were doing it). the owner of the shop that my car is at is building a chevy full size body dropped to the doors and running all stainless hard line. i never really knew why the shop would run hard line back in the day, but recently i read that the fittings seal better, especially after use when dot line will stretch/contract and become loose in the fitting causing leaks.

as far as liking it, thats cool if you do. at first i liked it, then it was original, now it looks like a bad cover up. but i can respect it without liking it, something i feel all car enthusiasts should do especially when someone has put in this much work.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM

when i was building trucks we always used copper hardline (when not many were doing it). the owner of the shop that my car is at is building a chevy full size body dropped to the doors and running all stainless hard line. i never really knew why the shop would run hard line back in the day, but recently i read that the fittings seal better, especially after use when dot line will stretch/contract and become loose in the fitting causing leaks.

as far as liking it, thats cool if you do. at first i liked it, then it was original, now it looks like a bad cover up. but i can respect it without liking it, something i feel all car enthusiasts should do especially when someone has put in this much work.
I agree, wholeheartedly.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:35 PM

First off, when I say that I dislike the style of that car, I am simply stating my opinion. Does stating my opinion/tastes make me a toolbag?
Secondly, what have you added that was so informative? Do you really want me to dig up all my "informative" and "non-negative" posts? Also, seeing as you have 67 posts so I guess you haven't been here long enough to figure this out on your own, car forums are filled with people that add nothing informative (although I do not consider myself one of them).
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Former Vendor

It's not that I'm judging for the opinion.

I legitimately have YET to see him make an informed, non-negative post. Everything has SOME degree of negativity. And it is rather annoying to circumvent it left and right because I might be viewed as judging.

I'm just going to come out and say it, I just flat out don't think he has anything informative to add to the forums.
you have to understand that this and your post are very out of the norm for the org. as soon as you say 20" or go outside of what is cmmmon 90% of the time its a flaming. i'm actually really suprised this thread went this well.

there are other forums to go to (i'm not suggesting you leave) for different styles as you know. the org is the org.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:37 PM

Thank you, finally some reason.
This max is "of a completely different style" and I respect that. That doesn't mean I have to like it
Old 04-14-2008, 07:38 PM

First off, when I say that I dislike the style of that car, I am simply stating my opinion. Does stating my opinion/tastes make me a toolbag?
Secondly, what have you added that was so informative? Do you really want me to dig up all my "informative" and "non-negative" posts? Also, seeing as you have 67 posts so I guess you haven't been here long enough to figure this out on your own, car forums are filled with people that add nothing informative (although I do not consider myself one of them).

And what makes you think this is the first name I have posted under?

...and with that, I am done.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:40 PM

what? those wheels are 20's? BLASPHEMYYYYYYY. THE SPIRIT OF SATAN HAS TAINTED THIS FORUM
Old 04-14-2008, 07:40 PM

you have to understand that this and your post are very out of the norm for the org. as soon as you say 20" or go outside of what is cmmmon 90% of the time its a flaming. i'm actually really suprised this thread went this well.

there are other forums to go to (i'm not suggesting you leave) for different styles as you know. the org is the org.
Every forum attracts their own 'kind', of this I am well aware. Honda forums attract the JDM crowd, Lexus forums welcome VIP and big wheels. I am a frequent poster on several forums.

What irks me the most is when someone bashes, simply to bash. There is simply no need for it.

You may not like stretched tires on a 10" wide wheel... but does that mean you have to scream about how it's unsafe and the owner is an idiot? No.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM

And what makes you think this is the first name I have posted under?

...and with that, I am done.
You have addressed ONE (least important, at that) point that I made.
You have also taken this thread way off topic.
I'm glad that you're done.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 PM

What irks me the most is when someone bashes, simply to bash. There is simply no need for it.
I stated my opinion. Some people posted here and said they like the car; I posted and said I don't. Not sure why you have a problem with people saying what they think.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor

You may not like stretched tires on a 10" wide wheel... but does that mean you have to scream about how it's unsafe and the owner is an idiot? No.
but it is unsafe!

235/35 on a 9.5 btw
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM

You have addressed ONE (least important, at that) point that I made.
You have also taken this thread way off topic.
I'm glad that you're done.
Quite the contrary, I believe it is entirely on topic with it being of a different style.

I'm glad you can drop it without having to have the last word.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:44 PM

but it is unsafe!

235/35 on a 9.5 btw

I rock 245/35s right now on a 9.5.... haha. And I don't think I'd ever go back. I love it.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:45 PM

Quite the contrary, I believe it is entirely on topic with it being of a different style.

I'm glad you can drop it without having to have the last word.
"And I find it amusing that you'd refer to many of his choices for modifications as 'gay' or 'dumb' then giving him props for being 'some-what original.'

Seriously, how much of a toolbag can you be?"
That's on topic?

And I'm not looking to have the last word, I am simply defending myself against this unprovoked attack, so to speak.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM

"And I find it amusing that you'd refer to many of his choices for modifications as 'gay' or 'dumb' then giving him props for being 'some-what original.'

Seriously, how much of a toolbag can you be?"
That's on topic?

And I'm not looking to have the last word, I am simply defending myself against this unprovoked attack, so to speak.

No, that was NOT on topic, but the thread stayed on topic regardless. The conversation reared right back to how the maxima was of a different style.

Let it die.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:05 PM

Inside looks like they put glue on it and sprayed sand on it, other than that its nice, I like how he has a lot of the interior molded also. As for the hardlines, I love it(unless u get rear ended!!) I build a variety of heavy duty trucks(transports to firetrucks) they all use hardlines, they last longer and perform better(but it is a totally different approach, trucks to cars)

Last edited by vilmaxima; 04-14-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Horizontally opposed.

I'm not digging the interior. It's a bit to "gaudy" for me....alot of stuff that wasn't cleanly installed and looks pretty obnoxious.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:09 PM

cars sick i like everything about it, my favorite is that roof. where do you get that done?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Former Vendor

streetbeatcustoms.com is probably the #1 seller of sliding rags. installtion can be done by a body shop but i would recommend a customs shop.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This car is actually quite nice. I like how it flows. Its so clean and the semi-gloss or low gloss black that it is painted with is lovely. I must say, it is nice.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm feeling the murdered out paint and shave but the owner/builder seems to be a bit confused in what direction he was trying to take the car. The wheels look more like 20s to me but maybe its the design of the wheel.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by chillin014
what? those wheels are 20's? BLASPHEMYYYYYYY. THE SPIRIT OF SATAN HAS TAINTED THIS FORUM
"THE POWER OF STOCK COMPELS YOU! THE POWAH OF STOCK COMPELLLS YOU!!"
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 AM

My contribution to the flat or matte paint look. I fkn love it! From this weekends VW show n go. I know I drive a maxima now but the VW love is just too amazing to walk away from. =]
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by 3 point slow
My contribution to the flat or matte paint look. I fkn love it! From this weekends VW show n go. I know I drive a maxima now but the VW love is just too amazing to walk away from. =]
Nice car, mirrors suck though.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Nice car, mirrors suck though.

that is a sick car but i wouldn't drive it.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 AM

Agreed on the mirrors...that paint on the car, though...WOW. How do you clean that?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 AM

i really like it BUT i would paint it silver, put bronze rims to match the interior and clear tails would do it all!

BTW how much those sliders cost? and are they bad when it comes to winter? i want some too
Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM

flat black is the sh1te
http://www.tremek.com/forum/car-pict...lat-black.html
Old 04-15-2008, 11:58 AM

that is real nice
Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM

Thought you guys might like this and its kinda on topic cause of the whole "flat black" paint discussion we had going.
How to paint your car:
clicky
Old 04-15-2008, 03:09 PM

yea, i like it. it flows together and its clean. not the average for sure. i had my max in flat black for awhile... it looked ok, but gloss is 10x better.... oh and since were talking about this maxima, his is on mautofied.com and so is my old maxima i sold a good yr ago....( buy it) might as put up a pic of it cause of all the shows i took it to, i never seen any other 4th gens done up ( or any at all)... i miss it somewhat.....

later... keep those maximas clean
Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM

i liked that car^^ very much taken beyond any level of 99 percent of 4th gens.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:16 PM

hey, whats up chillin. i remember u thanks, yea, i can say i miss it. right as i got it to where i wanted it, i sold it cause i got a minitruck.... and a new daily. im still on the org here and there prowling. later u still have your max?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:19 PM
aka UNCDooD

I like it minus the wheels of course.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:28 PM

In my opinion, (everything after the bolded statement is MY opinion so please blow me) maximas shouldn't be "VIP"ed. It's just pointless and a waste of money. The maxima in the first post is clean but it's just straight up unattractive. It's one of those cars that I laugh at when I see on the streets because of how ridiculous and pointless it is. If you have the money to VIP a car then don't be silly and do it to a maxima. Buy yourself a nice lexus or an audi and pimp THAT car out instead and I'll promise you that it'll look very nice.

Well that's MY opinion and I hope I got that part across that MY opinion is more logical than most of the people supporting this idea to VIP a maxima. lol they shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

Quick Reply: Maxima of a completely different style. Discuss.