4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

good cheap upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 PM
darkman

good cheap upgrades

i have a 96 nissan maxima headers y pipe exhaust the hole intake thing but what is the next step without having to go boosted people tell me injectors others throttle body spacers and hole new throttle body's but i don't know im not really looking to boost in anyway not shooting those who do bc damn there cars are sick but what can i do im tired of being slow but i love my max and i don't want to trade it in yet

Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
darkman

and who ever keeps closing my threads please stop i explained that it was a mistake what was said and it was not me im really looking for good advice here

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 PM
oem ftw!

you have to use the search and read the stickies man. don't mean to be an *** here, but you're going to get if you keep recreating similar threads one after the other that keep getting locked. they're locking your threads up for a reason - your questions have been answered hundreds of times. all you have to do is look.

For example if you want to stay N/A, get an 00VI or mevi.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:59 PM
darkman

i looked in the rules and i cant figure out what how to stop it im just lookin for something to help me out here really plus i need there injectors bc mine are bad and im looking for some kind of upgrade

Old 06-05-2008, 09:04 PM
oem ftw!

upgrading the injectors will do nothing for you unless you're boosted. just forget about it man. buying larger injectors while N/A without tuning will only cause you to run rich. if you need new injectors, buy OEM. if you've done all of the exhaust upgrades, then look into a MEVI or 00VI and get an e-manage ultimate to tune it or for a plug and play tune / instant power look into getting a JWT or Technosqure ECU.

00VI involves more work but it is superior to the mevi. I did the 00VI and have no regrets.

Last edited by CRiME; 06-05-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:12 PM
darkman

Originally Posted by CRiME
upgrading the injectors will do nothing for you unless you're boosted. just forget about it man. buying larger injectors while N/A without tuning will only cause you to run rich. if you need new injectors, buy OEM. if you've done all of the exhaust upgrades, then look into a MEVI or 00VI and get an e-manage ultimate to tune it or for a plug and play tune / instant power look into getting a JWT or Technosqure ECU.

00VI involves more work but it is superior to the mevi. I did the 00VI and have no regrets.
im sorry im still a little new on the lingo what is the mevi and 00vi are they performance chips or new ecu's

Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM

wtf? search! it's not that hard...

don't be a n00b, or you will be treated as if you are one.

p.s. everyone has used the "no really, it was my friend..." trick. it stopped working about a month after al gore invented the intarweb.

p.s.s. the 00vi is a liquid you dip your air filter into. it's supposed to flow better or sum10....the mevi is an old wooden ship...i think you're supposed to tow it behind the car or somethin...ask the pepboys

/sarcasm

/thread

Last edited by tyler5619; 06-05-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:24 PM
darkman

i used the search and still could not figure it out it looked like a hole new manifold and and fuel rail and everything in between and one other thing why is it that people on this forum are so mean when they really dont haft to be i mean come on were all into the same thing making are cars better and loving are maxima's thats all im not trying to start any argument just lookin for simple help from people who know what they are doing thats all

Old 06-05-2008, 09:32 PM

gawd i'd hate to see you before we could search.

oh...and....
Old 06-05-2008, 09:37 PM

you really wanna know? coz i dont think youre ready going from how the thread is goin...dude freakin ay...holy how slow can ppl be...if you can install or know about y pipes and exhaust you should be able to find what an 00vi is or mevi....i joined this community not too long ago, and within a couple days i knew what those were...do some search...not necessarily on the org but you can also google...btw if you didnt know those are zeros on 00vi....its not so much as ppl are mean or asses its just everyday ppl join the org and everyday those same ppl ask the same exact thing...(1) it gets really really really really really really really repetetive (get the idea?)..(2) its really easy to find a lot of the noob answer if you just work your fingers a little on the keyboard, if an 11yr old can find good **** on the web you can find the answers on this site easily...so for the record ppl are not mean they are just sick and tiered...im sure if you were someone who knows a lot about something and day in and day out the same question is being asked im sure you would be tiered of it too...come on man seriously...get some taco bell and think outside the box if you cant figure it out...tadaw biatch
Old 06-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Read my signature, search on everything there.

I am fully bolted on and cannot do any other significant power mods without going F/I.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 PM
oem ftw!

Originally Posted by darkman
i used the search and still could not figure it out it looked like a hole new manifold and and fuel rail and everything in between
that's basically what it is. the 00VI is the term used to describe the upper intake manifold from the 2000-2001 maxima. it is good for 20+hp. there are a number of ways to approach the swap. one of these ways involves using 'everything' from the 5th gen - fuel rail, injectors, rear valve cover, idle air control valve, throttle body. 5th gen injectors are larger, so you WILL be running rich if you go this route. There are a bunch of threads that can help you with the swap.

I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but if you're looking for a more bolt-on solution, go with the MEVI another kind of Variable Intake. I can't provide much info on this because I chose the 00VI. You will have to search 'mevi' and you will find a BUNCH of info about it. Tip- click search, click Advanced Search, type MEVI or 00VI, in the "Search in Forums" area, click 4th gen and All Motor forums. You will get about 20 pages of relevant threads.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
oem ftw!

Originally Posted by ruckus1027
tadaw biatch

That whole paragraph was worth the read, just for that 5-star ending. would read again!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:53 PM

were not trying to be mean man, swear. its just we provide resources for a reason. just do usa favor and try to be more resourceful next time.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
darkman

that's basically what it is. the 00VI is the term used to describe the upper intake manifold from the 2000-2001 maxima. it is good for 20+hp. there are a number of ways to approach the swap. one of these ways involves using 'everything' from the 5th gen - fuel rail, injectors, rear valve cover, idle air control valve, throttle body. 5th gen injectors are larger, so you WILL be running rich if you go this route. There are a bunch of threads that can help you with the swap.

I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but if you're looking for a more bolt-on solution, go with the MEVI another kind of Variable Intake. I can't provide much info on this because I chose the 00VI. You will have to search 'mevi' and you will find a BUNCH of info about it. Tip- click search, click Advanced Search, type MEVI or 00VI, in the "Search in Forums" area, click 4th gen and All Motor forums. You will get about 20 pages of relevant threads.
Thank u for this post this is exactly the info i needed thanx crime appreciate it a lot and if i go this rout can i pm u for tech support

Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 PM

Thank u for this post this is exactly the info i needed thanx crime appreciate it a lot and if i go this rout can i pm u for tech support
dude I can think back a week on the forums here and remember seeing at least 3 threads on 00vi. just search it's not that hard. if you have problems like the .org doesnt let you use search find the admins and ask one of them why you cant use it.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:00 PM

they're all correct man.you asking waayy too much old questions.Just search, its in the right top-ish corner, blue background, white font.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:14 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Good mods or Cheap mods. Pick one, you cannot have both.

You need to start searching, you are about 2 seconds from getting the boot...
Old 06-06-2008, 08:03 AM

That whole paragraph was worth the read, just for that 5-star ending. would read again!

thank you thank you ::taking a bow:: hahaha
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by mtrai760
Good mods or Cheap mods. Pick one, you cannot have both.

You need to start searching, you are about 2 seconds from getting the boot...
For President.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:11 AM

please use periods; (.)
Old 06-06-2008, 09:16 AM
SLOW

i locked your other thread because you were annoying me. now that you've calmed down a bit let me explain why everyone's telling you larger injectors are pointless - it's because they are.

the amount of air that you can get into your engine is what limits how much power you can make. the amount of air you can get in to your engine determines how much fuel you need - only when your current injectors run out of capacity to add the appropriate amount of fuel to the amount of air you have going in your engine do you need larger injectors. being as you have just basic bolt ons, you are like 150 horsepower away from needing larger injectors. if you put larger injectors in your car you would make your car no faster, you would have wasted a few hundred dollars on something that will make your car not one bit faster and it would actually necessitate you buying other stuff to even make them work right. you can't just slap them in and call it a day... meaning you'd have to spend even more money, and still your car would be no faster because of the injectors. injectors do not make your car any faster. that's the end of the story. you only want larger injectors if your current ones are too small - and your current ones are fine if you are still normally aspirated (not turbocharged or supercharged). anyone that tells you otherwise is a clueless riceboy and they have no business giving anyone advice about modding a car.

use the search function. it is there for a reason - and that reason is that this website has been around for more than 8 years now and there is virtually no topic that hasn't been covered in depth before. i'm not saying you can never post anything. but do a bit of searching before you do - if you'd done a simple search for injectors, you could have done 15 minutes worth of reading and learned everything that has been said here, and you wouldn't have pissed people off, gotten your threads locked, and almost gotten banned. there are a billion threads about injectors on this forum and a wealth of information. you're choosing to ignore that information and rub people the wrong way which is a bad idea if you want to stay welcome on this forum.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
you're choosing to ignore that information and rub people the wrong way which is a bad idea if you want to stay welcome on this forum.
+1
Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 AM

you have to use the search and read the stickies man. don't mean to be an *** here, but you're going to get if you keep recreating similar threads one after the other that keep getting locked. they're locking your threads up for a reason - your questions have been answered hundreds of times. all you have to do is look.

For example if you want to stay N/A, get an 00VI or mevi.
+1

/thread
Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 AM
dot dot dot ...

He needs more training on here.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor

Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 AM

why is this thread still open lolz
Old 06-06-2008, 11:14 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
Best photo evar.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:16 AM

I have tried to find this all over the net and here, but i'm sure i missed something OR i'm asking it the wrong way. Has anyone found/have/or know of a kit or something to replace the cross/lateral Link the rubber Bushings in the flex part, and the rear beam axle. Mine are shot/gone. Or should i just get a new rear axle?
Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by pmohr
Best photo evar.
I think that newbies home screen should look like htat until a certain time period.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jeff_Holmen
I have tried to find this all over the net and here, but i'm sure i missed something OR i'm asking it the wrong way. Has anyone found/have/or know of a kit or something to replace the cross/lateral Link the rubber Bushings in the flex part, and the rear beam axle. Mine are shot/gone. Or should i just get a new rear axle?
so off topic i'm going to help you out since you are obviously lost:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?postid=4533766
Old 06-06-2008, 11:39 AM

how hard was it Blackonblack98.?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Thanks blackonblack98. I greatly appreciate that info. I did find that, but the part i'm looking for/asking about is actually where the #6 line is pointing to. Is there a bushing in that area? Or am I completely lost here. I can do my own car work, electrical and all that, and i work at a salvage yard, I just got this car and had never noticed that part of the rear suspension. I appologize if i'm asking a question that has been answered/posted before but, I have not found ANY info on that part. I can find that whole piece, but not if there are replacement parts, or if i just have to replace that whole suspension piece. I am just trying to fix the things that I know could create a lot larger problems in the future. I have problems starting and other things, but have found info that the other things that I am going to try and see how it goes. So again please excuse my NOOB stupidity
Old 06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Snypa
how hard was it Blackonblack98.?
that one was actually hard even though i knew what i was searching for...

Thanks blackonblack98. I greatly appreciate that info. I did find that, but the part i'm looking for/asking about is actually where the #6 line is pointing to...
that part i am not extremely familiar with even though i took that link apart twice last week. maybe diy polyurethane?
Old 06-06-2008, 01:31 PM

i have a 96 nissan maxima headers y pipe exhaust the hole intake thing but what is the next step without having to go boosted people tell me injectors others throttle body spacers and hole new throttle body's but i don't know im not really looking to boost in anyway not shooting those who do bc damn there cars are sick but what can i do im tired of being slow but i love my max and i don't want to trade it in yet
hole...hole...hole.... WTF ITS WHOLE!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM

I say if you want to go fast buy a motorcycle. If you want decent gas mileage and reliability then don't mess with the Maxima.

Otherwise just do the sticky thing.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:06 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Armelius
If you want decent gas mileage and reliability then don't mess with the Maxima.
Any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 PM

um excuse me Mr. Jeff Holmen I believe we were having a very civilized conversation on cheap mods. you sir are what we like to call a snake. but thats ok I thought it was kinda funny that a noob did a noob thing to a noob.

funny....
Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
that one was actually hard even though i knew what i was searching for...

Its not SUPER easy to find stuff, but all you have to do is Search or just start at the top and read. It takes a while, but you can find just about everything.

that part i am not extremely familiar with even though i took that link apart twice last week. maybe diy polyurethane?
Ok. So I wasn't too far out there about not finding the info on that piece? Do you happen to have a pic of what yours looks like? I just want to see if mine is all there or i am missing stuff. I'll get a pic of mine later, to put up here if i can.

Thanks again.

I appreciate all the help this site has. Its LOADED with info. This car is NEW to ME, so its easier to ask questions and get ideas of what works and what doesn't.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:18 PM

Sorry. I posted because of the LOOK and SEARCH you will find it. Sorry, i DIDNT find it so i asked.

Quick Reply: good cheap upgrades