4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Quick Clutch Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001 | 06:53 AM
Administrator

Re: Thanks Sprintmax

you know what Mr. buckwilly4 .. i had this conversation with Emax and Roadbeast before.. and they didn't listen to me... and now they are making a second investment into another clutch.. so guess what? you go ahead.. you purchase a Centerforce Clutch.. and you come back and see me when it starts slipping..

Originally posted by buckwilly4
For that great analysis and generalization based on one centerforce experience. Oh, and your mature response to this thread. The reason why you keep having to repeat yourself is maybe because you are one person with one opinion. "drive it like you stole it" Well, you might want to check that vin # and realize that all the nasty driving is hitting you bank acount and going on YOUR car regardless.... because you didn't steal it. That comment really makes me want to side with your opinions. If the clutch was such a bad product then why do so many people have them as upgrades on their cars? You vs. the market. I will believe the market. A lot of the people who have ruined their centerforce clutches have destroyed them because of poor driving. End of story. Until I have issues with mine...I still say they are great. But what do I know. I only hand out on this web board for about 10 mintues a day at the most. I am not as knowledgeable as you.
Old 12-20-2001 | 07:50 AM

Irony

Maybe if you read my previous posts...you would have seen that I already have one and I already have quite a few miles on it. Count? I actually read a lot of the threads including the ones where centerforces quality was an issue. There are just as many people with good centerforces...they just dont b*tch on the board about them...when the true issue is their shifting abilty. I have heard about and seen bad clutches. But they were also associated with bad drivers. This issue will never be settled...but your immaturity about the subject, which includes the large font...is just rediculous. Your point could be better made if you had cold facts to support your feelings. Some guy saying "my clutch sucks because it went at 10 thousand miles..." Doesnt prove anything. I have seen clutches go at less than that but I dont think that it was always the clutch's fault. If I believed everything on this board...I wouldn't have bought a max. Just read a entire thread about some guy who posted he thought his max was ugly. Come on now. ANd any person that goes on this board for advice should realize there are about a million perspectives. I wish I had known that before I bought some of my items using advice from here. I was actually attacking your theory of driving. Not your shifting ability. You would have realized that when I put what you said in quotes before my suggestion. I dont have a clutch problem either friend. Oh and I do have a centerforce...so log that in your book.
Old 12-20-2001 | 07:52 AM
Administrator

i will log it.. and i will also log when you come back asking for a place to buy the ACT Clutch
Old 12-20-2001 | 08:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sprint your input seems to be the general consensus, but your "I told you so" attitude doesn't help to influence people for the product. I am having an ACT clutch put in tomorrow [which I bought from Phuong ] after reading on the board and speaking with Thomas and Loren. However, if I had been looking for clutches for the first time today I would take each person's advice with a grain of salt. There will always be people with no problems and some people with LOTS of problems, so the goal is to get the more consistant product IMHO So it's good that you're trying to show people the light, but ultimately it's their money to spend (or waste) as they choose :P I'll post back on my new ACT once it's in.
-hype
Old 12-20-2001 | 08:07 AM
Administrator

wait till you chirp 3rd Gear.. you will love it
Originally posted by xHypex
Sprint your input seems to be the general consensus, but your "I told you so" attitude doesn't help to influence people for the product. I am having an ACT clutch put in tomorrow [which I bought from Phuong ] after reading on the board and speaking with Thomas and Loren. However, if I had been looking for clutches for the first time today I would take each person's advice with a grain of salt. There will always be people with no problems and some people with LOTS of problems, so the goal is to get the more consistant product IMHO So it's good that you're trying to show people the light, but ultimately it's their money to spend (or waste) as they choose :P I'll post back on my new ACT once it's in.
-hype
Old 12-20-2001 | 08:51 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i knew this one was gonna liven up.
Old 12-20-2001 | 08:59 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by nismo2020
i knew this one was gonna liven up.
Old 12-20-2001 | 09:02 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

buckwilly4 dont stop now. i just put off 15mins of work for this.
Old 12-20-2001 | 09:05 AM
Administrator

buckwilly4 dont stop now. i just put off 15mins of work for this.

I just read this thread again.. and i noticed that bullseye centerforce slipped too.. so thats 4? in one thread?
Old 12-20-2001 | 09:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

make it 5 sir sprint, i had the centerforce originally and it lasted all of 10k.. centerforce is junk.. simple as that.. if you think it's not, how much power are you running? stock?
Old 12-20-2001 | 09:08 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Phil96SE
make it 5 sir sprint, i had the centerforce originally and it lasted all of 10k.. centerforce is junk.. simple as that.. if you think it's not, how much power are you running? stock?
maybe he is running 2 step colder plugs and dynoing 120 hp or maybe he drives maybe 2 miles a day and drives like my grand ma
Old 12-20-2001 | 10:02 AM

I drive 75 miles per day back and forth to work. I also go for drives in the evenings in the summer with my buddy. I enjoy driving hard but I dont enjoy dropping my clutch. I dont think that is the way to get the most out of a car. I have not had any problems with the clutch but I have had problems with other things on the max. Just suggestiong that I drive like an old woman makes me laugh...come on man....grow up. Plus my grandma drives fast as hell. I am not going to fight with sprintmax because there is no winning. I said my two cents...and I will leave it like that. You want to hear some juicy fights find past posts with me and Sprintmax. He is always starting something or being so tacky that I have to say something. I wont get an ACT clutch just because the next time I need a clutch I am getting a new ride. If I had known that lots of people were having problems with Centerforce clutches I may have thrown an act in my car. But I didn't...but up until now...I do not regret it. Sprintmax...what do you do for a living...do you work? Seriously...I sware you are on every thread...posting 80 times a day. You kinda like that guy that hangs out in the IT dept they make fun of in Saturday Night Live.
Old 12-20-2001 | 10:16 AM
Administrator

the IT dept
the don't break it? i don't have to fix it.. and i am on the org

I just searched all your posts.. and i have never had an argument with you before you wouldn't be arguing with me in your sleep would you? name change?

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...earchid=101388
Old 12-20-2001 | 10:24 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Phil96SE
Old 12-20-2001 | 12:39 PM

the IT dept
There is nothing wrong with the guys in the IT Dept.

SuDZ
Old 12-20-2001 | 12:41 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by SuDZ

There is nothing wrong with the guys in the IT Dept.

SuDZ
Old 12-20-2001 | 09:29 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
Phuong.. who said all that BS? that you quoted?
2nd post in this thread - emax
Old 12-21-2001 | 06:22 AM

That is because...

Almost all the threads we threw down in were deleted. A couple in the north east chapter and then a few in 4th gen. Regarldess, I never would forget a dork like you Sprintmax. Why do all your comebacks sound like things me and my friends said in 3rd grade. Why would I change my name? So I can become a newbie again and be torn apart (by you guys, because you do it to all the newbies) in every thread I post because I didn't use the serach function? Suuuuuure buddy!!! A couple of my friends have been watching this thread and all the others you stalk peeps on and they all feel the same as I do about you...

you are a number one stand up guy.

And it makes me sooo happy to know you exist.
Old 12-21-2001 | 06:30 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

okay im back lets keep it going!
Old 12-21-2001 | 06:55 AM
Administrator

Re: That is because...

I pretty much figured you had a chip on your clutch *smile* why you just jumped on my when i entered my comments in this thread NOT directed at you.. however.. i fight with so much people on this forum.. i honestly can't remember ever arguing with you maybe i honestly never found the arguments that important?

who knows..

Happy Holidays to you too

why don't you and your friends create a thread about me and you can say all you want to say since you guys feel so strongly about it... hahahhaah.. weak.. my God.. did i log off the internet? or am i still here?

Almost all the threads we threw down in were deleted. A couple in the north east chapter and then a few in 4th gen. Regarldess, I never would forget a dork like you Sprintmax. Why do all your comebacks sound like things me and my friends said in 3rd grade. Why would I change my name? So I can become a newbie again and be torn apart (by you guys, because you do it to all the newbies) in every thread I post because I didn't use the serach function? Suuuuuure buddy!!! A couple of my friends have been watching this thread and all the others you stalk peeps on and they all feel the same as I do about you...

you are a number one stand up guy.

And it makes me sooo happy to know you exist.
Old 12-21-2001 | 07:27 AM

Actually...

I can almost predict what you are going to say before you say it. Maybe you should take a little more time...and tact...before you just spit off some comment to a thread? Maybe your comments offend some people? Maybe you offend some people becuase of the persona you have created through the constant unthoughtful and reckless comments you make? Holidays don't pertain to anything in this thread. What does that have to do with anything? the fact of the matter is that I am tired of seeing you on this org with your "know it all" personality. You Daniel Martin or whatever his name was. If you want to bring holidays into it...I dont think your are on Santa's "Nice" list this year. But I do have an idea of who's list you DID make but there are no presents for the kiddies on this list. You get into arguements with so many people because you post with a tone saying that your intent is to badger others until they say something to you. You may deny this..you may not. But you can't expect people to like you. I went off on you because I am sick of seeing your assinine and pointless posts. Did you ever take the time to realize or recognize the fact that what you say and what you do reflect who you are. Read your posts. Read a bunch of them. I'm finished this post is too long and this thread is rediculous and it is some of my fault..so I apologize. I don't want to fight with you Sprintmax. I cannot compete with what half of the people on this org have done on their cars. But I do have to say that some people on here should chill and give KIND advice, not be know-it-alls just because they have more mods or whatever. And the assumption that ALL centerforce clutches, a company that prides themselves on making performance clutches, are bad. Especially when there are a lot of people that have good centerforces. Eeehhh...this crap is just childish. max owner vs. max owner...like cannibalism.
Old 12-21-2001 | 07:35 AM

Automatics don't use Centerforce clutches.
Old 12-21-2001 | 07:36 AM
Administrator

Re: Actually...

life is too short.. have a beer

Merry Christmas

oh.. i am not changing my attitude for the new year ither

I can almost predict what you are going to say before you say it. Maybe you should take a little more time...and tact...before you just spit off some comment to a thread? Maybe your comments offend some people? Maybe you offend some people becuase of the persona you have created through the constant unthoughtful and reckless comments you make? Holidays don't pertain to anything in this thread. What does that have to do with anything? the fact of the matter is that I am tired of seeing you on this org with your "know it all" personality. You Daniel Martin or whatever his name was. If you want to bring holidays into it...I dont think your are on Santa's "Nice" list this year. But I do have an idea of who's list you DID make but there are no presents for the kiddies on this list. You get into arguements with so many people because you post with a tone saying that your intent is to badger others until they say something to you. You may deny this..you may not. But you can't expect people to like you. I went off on you because I am sick of seeing your assinine and pointless posts. Did you ever take the time to realize or recognize the fact that what you say and what you do reflect who you are. Read your posts. Read a bunch of them. I'm finished this post is too long and this thread is rediculous and it is some of my fault..so I apologize. I don't want to fight with you Sprintmax. I cannot compete with what half of the people on this org have done on their cars. But I do have to say that some people on here should chill and give KIND advice, not be know-it-alls just because they have more mods or whatever. And the assumption that ALL centerforce clutches, a company that prides themselves on making performance clutches, are bad. Especially when there are a lot of people that have good centerforces. Eeehhh...this crap is just childish. max owner vs. max owner...like cannibalism.
Old 12-21-2001 | 07:38 AM

Thanks

now I know...and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Joe

Old 12-21-2001 | 07:40 AM
Administrator

Re: Thanks

its always good to know what you are getting into before you get into it.. that way you are prepared..

those who fail to prepare.. prepare to fail

now I know...and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Joe

Old 12-21-2001 | 07:49 AM

Hey...

You will change your attitude when the time comes for it. I don't know how you are in real life. But most the time the people who act like you are really not the kind of people I would associate with. Negative energy and what not, immature comments, take your pick. I used to have an automatic. If you were a true enthusiast you would be in a five speed. But I used to drive an auto too. So I think all the mods in the world don't compete with the pleasure of a five speed or even six....oh mr. 2002 maxima.
No beer tonight. Going to go see "How High" with Mr. Meth and Mr. Redman. So you go and have a beer on me. Won't need a a beer chaser for the choice of my inebriation.
Old 12-21-2001 | 07:54 AM
Administrator

Re: Hey...

I don't drink.. sorry..

hmm.. how high? hmm.. maybe i shall check BP and see if any of my wimmens are free

I SHALL NEVER CHANGE..

well as the saying goes.. "the as$holes online are the nicest people in real life" i actually disagree with that.. i think i am an as$hole in real life too

its funny though.. the same people who flame medicsonic and myself on the board are the people who love hanging with us at meets

You will change your attitude when the time comes for it. I don't know how you are in real life. But most the time the people who act like you are really not the kind of people I would associate with. Negative energy and what not, immature comments, take your pick. I used to have an automatic. If you were a true enthusiast you would be in a five speed. But I used to drive an auto too. So I think all the mods in the world don't compete with the pleasure of a five speed or even six....oh mr. 2002 maxima.
No beer tonight. Going to go see "How High" with Mr. Meth and Mr. Redman. So you go and have a beer on me. Won't need a a beer chaser for the choice of my inebriation.
Old 12-21-2001 | 08:12 AM

Re: Re: Hey...

Well, that is their choice. I am not everyone else who flames you. There ya go...stereotyping again. Man...you are really childish. So there. Sniff...sniff...what do I smell?....whats that?

oh...its BULLSH@T!!!

and its coming out your ears man. Well, I am staying on my side of the playground at the max.org meets...I don't like your style. Plus, your comebacks stink. Don't start using "Yo mama, Jokes"

Oh, and I win regardless because no matter what you say you are still a few feet/years behind.

SO THERE.

Hoe Hoe Hoe.
Old 12-21-2001 | 08:14 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Hey...

yo mamma says you type like a secretary.. so when you learn to do so.. i will start giving you intelligent responses

hmm.. movies.. i am seriously thinking about this now .. hmmm..

Well, that is their choice. I am not everyone else who flames you. There ya go...stereotyping again. Man...you are really childish. So there. Sniff...sniff...what do I smell?....whats that?

oh...its BULLSH@T!!!

and its coming out your ears man. Well, I am staying on my side of the playground at the max.org meets...I don't like your style. Plus, your comebacks stink. Don't start using "Yo mama, Jokes"

Oh, and I win regardless because no matter what you say you are still a few feet/years behind.

SO THERE.

Hoe Hoe Hoe.
Old 12-21-2001 | 08:19 AM

Why is this thread still open, and were you referring to me with the auto comment?
Old 12-21-2001 | 08:22 AM
Administrator

wait.. did he say i had an AUTO?

thats and awful high Gear lever for an AUTO

Old 12-21-2001 | 08:51 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

im suprisied

this one is till open. oh well pretty decent battle (i seen better). buck looks like you started to get a little hot under the collar in those last few posts, but good effort none the less.
Old 12-21-2001 | 08:54 AM

because....

Me and Sprintmax were having a discussion.. That is why it is still open. Why do you ask dumb questions. Why don't you try to do a search on "why threads stay open". Then you can find out how many threads have stayed open because of people "discussing". I have a question "why do you ask stupid questions when you and sprintmax can belittle all the newbies and others who ask questions all the time that are actually pertaining to their max's?

Oh its because of the GOD complex...

look at that I figured out my own question.

Man, its amazing what one can figure out when one puts their mind to it.

Neither of you have autos....Greeeeaaaat. Maybe we can go driving sometime? WE can all drive happily along...and then maybe even get into a few races....because you guys have RACE CARS. Vrooooom.

I type like a secretary because I can type like a secretary...is there something wrong with being able to type a lot and fast? I have many talents. I also can rede and right.
Old 12-21-2001 | 08:56 AM
Administrator

Re: because....

no dood.. typing like a programmer is over 100 wpm..

typing like a secretary is 60 - 80 wpm..

you don't type fast... you just type like a gurl..

oh and FYI.. nismo doesn't torment newbies.. thats my job

but if you used the search function you would have known that
Me and Sprintmax were having a discussion.. That is why it is still open. Why do you ask dumb questions. Why don't you try to do a search on "why threads stay open". Then you can find out how many threads have stayed open because of people "discussing". I have a question "why do you ask stupid questions when you and sprintmax can belittle all the newbies and others who ask questions all the time that are actually pertaining to their max's?

Oh its because of the GOD complex...

look at that I figured out my own question.

Man, its amazing what one can figure out when one puts their mind to it.

Neither of you have autos....Greeeeaaaat. Maybe we can go driving sometime? WE can all drive happily along...and then maybe even get into a few races....because you guys have RACE CARS. Vrooooom.

I type like a secretary because I can type like a secretary...is there something wrong with being able to type a lot and fast? I have many talents. I also can rede and right.
Old 12-21-2001 | 09:01 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: because....

Why do you ask dumb questions. Why don't you try to do a search on "why threads stay open". Then you can find out how many threads have stayed open because of people "discussing". I have a question "why do you ask stupid questions when you and sprintmax can belittle all the newbies and others who ask questions all the time that are actually pertaining to their max's?

ur lame

btw my max is faster than ur max. enjoy the movie, seen it last night you will be entertained. peace.
Old 12-21-2001 | 09:04 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: because....

ur lame

btw my max is faster than ur max. enjoy the movie, seen it last night you will be entertained. peace.
eh nuh even badda matta whey im deh sey .. im nuh av nuh good chat, a beer **** im deh chat
Old 12-21-2001 | 09:06 AM

Buckwilly4, your a ****tard. I did NOTHING to offend you, and yet you just HAD to flame. I hope you get breast cancer and die an agonizing death, you waste of space.

Old 12-21-2001 | 09:27 AM

whaaattt.

Nismo:
No body here seems to be getting hot under the collar. There is no battle here. It is a discussion. I do not know who that last post was to "your lame"? But I am pretty sure that I didn't ask for anyone's rating or help and I am pretty sure that Sprintmax didn't need any backup or help. I do not see anyone else putting in any good info or support for either sides of this discussion.
and the words per minute thing was just sheer sarcasm. What is that about? I do not really care how much you can type, because anyone can type nonsense....

The response to the "why is this thread still open" is just a response to a question that deserves a stupid response.

Sprintmax:
Why would you belittle me in aspects of profession based on my typing? You dont know who I am or what I do. I actually asked what you do on a couple of occasions so that I can get an idea of who I am talking to. But since you did not respond I respected that, even though your comments begged me not too. This thread will stay open forever until someone gets sick of all of this.
Old 12-21-2001 | 09:30 AM
Administrator

Re: whaaattt.

I did answer what i did.. by using your quote..

IT Dept

anyway.. their is no way for me to actually know how fast you type from my end.. so i would have to say that aspect of the conversation was a joke

Nismo:
No body here seems to be getting hot under the collar. There is no battle here. It is a discussion. I do not know who that last post was to "your lame"? But I am pretty sure that I didn't ask for anyone's rating or help and I am pretty sure that Sprintmax didn't need any backup or help. I do not see anyone else putting in any good info or support for either sides of this discussion.
and the words per minute thing was just sheer sarcasm. What is that about? I do not really care how much you can type, because anyone can type nonsense....

The response to the "why is this thread still open" is just a response to a question that deserves a stupid response.

Sprintmax:
Why would you belittle me in aspects of profession based on my typing? You dont know who I am or what I do. I actually asked what you do on a couple of occasions so that I can get an idea of who I am talking to. But since you did not respond I respected that, even though your comments begged me not too. This thread will stay open forever until someone gets sick of all of this.
Old 12-21-2001 | 09:50 AM

hehehehehe

You think up that word on your own...or did your kid call you that when you didn't show up to his wrestling match because your max broke down in front of your trailor? Come on guys....man, you should be assamed of yourself for making a total @ss out of yourself. Just dont say anything....you will be fine. Is it really that easy to make you and your BUDDY Sprintmax get angry and start spewing off pathetic names? This is soooo fun. Its like being able to beat my cat for walking on my car and her actually learning from it. Wow.

And die of Breast Cancer? Well, testicular or colon cancer would be a better bet...becasue breast cancer is not found as commonly in men as the two others I mentioned. If it was to insinuate that I was a girl and then I would die of Breast canceer just shows your ignorance. I hope you prey tonight for the millions of women who are diagnosed with Breast Cancer every year. There is no joking about that. I'm outy on that one. that is where there conversation turns to something I want noooo part of. There is having a verbal brawl and then there is just saying some stuff that is not cool. And you just did it. Forget about the flames man...there are a lot of ladies out there that wont see this x-mas. It just goes to show who I am dealing with here. You should never wish a cancer or any sort of thing on anyone....god just might be listening.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Quick Reply: Quick Clutch Question