4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ebay LCA anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM

ebay LCA anygood?

I am thinking of getting at least the right LCA because the bushing is shot and I figured that it will be much easier to replace the whole thing. So I found these on ebay and they have very good price. are they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Low...2829QQtcZphoto

there are also other stores on ebay that sell the whole arm with everything on it.
Or should I just buy bushings and change them?

thanks ya'll!!!

Last edited by djipka; 08-24-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM

I bought a Control Arm from ebay and have been pleased... i did do some research which i suggest you do... and make sure you check out the seller really well
Old 08-24-2008, 01:35 PM

.... ebay is too hit or miss for me. I heard internetautomart.com has good LCAs, hes on the org too
Old 08-24-2008, 02:16 PM

do not buy it from ebay.. its cheap Chinese crap... its just gonna break... just change the damn bushings..
Old 08-24-2008, 03:34 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by B_Eaze
.... ebay is too hit or miss for me. I heard internetautomart.com has good LCAs, hes on the org too

many happy customers
Old 08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

Originally Posted by B_Eaze
e- LCA's are a ...many people here have tried them and have had problems with them! I had BlackbirdVQ install LCA's on my car, which I believe are from internetautomart...so +1 for him
Old 08-25-2008, 12:04 AM

ok. I looked at this internetautomart and the price ain't too bad. Should I just go ahead and get some of them or should I really just change the bushings on both sides? I was thinking to get the whole arm because it comes with the bushings and the ball joint as well.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:11 AM

How much is it from the dealer? I think i payed $125 for mine last month when i replaced my RF LCA but thats of course my employee discount of cost plus 10 percent.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by turbizzy
How much is it from the dealer? I think i payed $125 for mine last month when i replaced my RF LCA but thats of course my employee discount of cost plus 10 percent.
what do you mean? from nissan? I aint going to them. the guys here suck big time.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:16 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

How about you try searching? Many documented failures of the ebay control arms here, it takes a whole 2 seconds to find the info.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:42 AM

My ebay LCAs are still holding up quite well since January 2007.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 AM

Pm SNOMAX for his LCAs. They are well worth the price.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 AM

What about the LCA that NAPA sells? are they good? price online is $75-80
Old 08-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The best suspension LCAs i got a while back were garbage, ball joints were torn within months and then one cracked and broke in half...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by f550maranello2
do not buy it from ebay.. its cheap Chinese crap... its just gonna break... just change the damn bushings..
No joke. If a part is Made In China, I would NEVER install it on my car. Especially not a part that if it were to fail could cause an accident and/or injury. The eBay ones are likely cheap pot metal with poor quality parts. Get OEM or rebuild your old ones with good, name brand parts (Moog, Energy Suspension, etc). Be aware that Autozone, Schucks, Pep Boys, etc all sell Chinese made car parts.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by made in china
No joke. If a part is Made In China, I would NEVER install it on my car. Especially not a part that if it were to fail could cause an accident and/or injury. The eBay ones are likely cheap pot metal with poor quality parts. Get OEM or rebuild your old ones with good, name brand parts (Moog, Energy Suspension, etc). Be aware that Autozone, Schucks, Pep Boys, etc all sell Chinese made car parts.
Let me clarify a common misconception. just because something is made in china does not in and of itself make it junk.
I have gotten lots of stuff that has been made in china that is built to a quality spec. the real question on any part is whether it has a quality control process and whether they spec out the right quality on the part to begin with.
Look at how much Moog will spec from china, they do a lot. So does almost every manufacture out there.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
The Golden One

I got LCA, Ball joints, Tie Rods, and bushing from world motorsports or something like that and haven't had any problems.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by IlyaK
I got LCA, Ball joints, Tie Rods, and bushing from world motorsports or something like that and haven't had any problems.
There is an ebay store called world suspension. They are some of the ones I was looking into.

So if I decide to change just the bushings is that hard to do? Some guy told me that he used a 'C' clamp to remove/install the bushings. should I go get some of those and do it this way?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:49 PM
The Golden One

That's who it was, yes.

As for doing it....I can't give much advice because I have lift, power/air tools, etc. in my garage so things are always a bit easier. From what I remember, c-clamps would work though.

Good luck. My ride improved a lot after doing this. But everything else on my car was good so...if yours is to you'll feel a nice ride.

One thing I will say is this...before you install...spray the CRAP out of the new metal parts (LCA's) with anti-rust spray paint type stuff, then spray paint them black again. This will hopefully help keep the rust to a minimum. I do this to all metal parts I change out (exhaust hangers, etc.).
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by IlyaK
That's who it was, yes.

As for doing it....I can't give much advice because I have lift, power/air tools, etc. in my garage so things are always a bit easier. From what I remember, c-clamps would work though.

Good luck. My ride improved a lot after doing this. But everything else on my car was good so...if yours is to you'll feel a nice ride.

One thing I will say is this...before you install...spray the CRAP out of the new metal parts (LCA's) with anti-rust spray paint type stuff, then spray paint them black again. This will hopefully help keep the rust to a minimum. I do this to all metal parts I change out (exhaust hangers, etc.).
Thanks man! I'll have that in mind. I don't have any of the stuff that you do and I'll be working with the nissan jack. I'm away for college and I don't have much here. Back home we have everything but the lift.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 PM

http://rockauto.com/

Bought parts from them for my Accord and My SHO always been fast shipping good prices and a good part.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
Let me clarify a common misconception. just because something is made in china does not in and of itself make it junk.
I have gotten lots of stuff that has been made in china that is built to a quality spec. the real question on any part is whether it has a quality control process and whether they spec out the right quality on the part to begin with.
Look at how much Moog will spec from china, they do a lot. So does almost every manufacture out there.

Thanks for clarifying. Let me double clarify: most things made in China are junk. EVERYTHING that is "no name" or house branded Made in China stuff definitely IS junk. i.e. Motorola phones are good quality but Made in China. But anything else you buy that has no name or a unkown/house brand on it IS junk.

Point: eBay LCAs are no-name. Regardless of where it is made, DON"T PUT NO NAME CRAP ON YOUR CAR!! (just a suggestion)
Old 08-27-2008, 01:12 PM

Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM

Ebay seller Arm_Can has a 99.9% rating, check him out
Old 08-27-2008, 01:20 PM
The Golden One

eBay LCAs are no-name. Regardless of where it is made, DON"T PUT NO NAME CRAP ON YOUR CAR!! (just a suggestion)
Would you like to drive my car sir?

There is an exception to every "rule".
Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Let me double clarify: most things made in China are junk. EVERYTHING that is "no name" or house branded Made in China stuff definitely IS junk. i.e. Motorola phones are good quality but Made in China. But anything else you buy that has no name or a unkown/house brand on it IS junk.

Point: eBay LCAs are no-name. Regardless of where it is made, DON"T PUT NO NAME CRAP ON YOUR CAR!! (just a suggestion)
LOL uh oh, i see where this is going already.

I just got a new control arm and was wondering if anyone took off new bushings without torching them or pressing them out. I haven't put the in a vice yet to pound them out which i might try in the morning
Old 08-27-2008, 06:32 PM
mod or sell?

there are exceptions to every rule.
you've probably never heard of the brand of control arms I sell, most people haven't. they are however equivalent in quality to the OE part. I've sold some very nice looking "Brand name" control arms, and they turned out to be junk. once I found it out, I dropped them like a bad habit. A LOT of places would rather make more money and drive customers nuts with cheap parts than make less money by selling a quality part.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
there are exceptions to every rule.
you've probably never heard of the brand of control arms I sell, most people haven't. they are however equivalent in quality to the OE part. I've sold some very nice looking "Brand name" control arms, and they turned out to be junk. once I found it out, I dropped them like a bad habit. A LOT of places would rather make more money and drive customers nuts with cheap parts than make less money by selling a quality part.
If you are checking up on the quality of the parts you sell, and you stand behind them, then good for you. Most importers won't do that.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:13 AM

so from all this discussion I am getting more and more confused as to what to do.
Here is what I need and what I want. My front right suspension is making a noise and from another thread here I figured its the LCA bushing because I changed the sway bar bushings and the struts aint too old. The strut mounts are as old as the struts. I want to take care of this now before school starts again because I have spare time. So with that said you guys can help me make a decision. I don't have a lot of tools here. No money either. So I found the bushings at AutoZone for about $35 a piece + tax. On ebay there are whole LCAs that have everything on them for about $40 a piece.
I am leaning more towards changing the whole LCAs for easiness and expense since I can get ball joints and all.
Now can you guys help me decide?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:44 AM
The Golden One

Get the parts from world suspension (ebay). Don't listen to Made In China. You'll be fine, I have the exact same product and have ZERO issues.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:17 PM

ok. Thanks guys! I think I'll get the whole LCA from ebay. I hope they turn out to be good for at least 2-3 years
Old 08-28-2008, 03:46 PM

i bought mine from arm-can in Dec 2006
Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have a set of brand new OEM ones I'm trying to get rid of. you got PM
Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by heynow
i bought mine from arm-can in Dec 2006
How are they holding up?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
PM me for LCA's!

If you are not going to buy OEM replacements, then try replacing the bushings & ball joints your self.

Beyond that, I would get Nissan's, or even some quality parts from Rockauto. Of course, you could get my stuff (warning, shameless plug below):

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...cs-inside.html
Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by djipka
How are they holding up?
They seem fine (knock on wood). I no issues to be seen, felt, or heard.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:17 AM

djipka,

What have you decided? Have you seen this thread about arm_can and other eBay vendors or control arms?

Junk is junk, and good is good, wherever it is made.

If you want an arm_can control arm for the 4th gen I have a brand new passenger side unit anyone can have for free, you pay only shipping. I won't install that piece on my car after close inspection.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:32 AM

I replaced my ball joints with ebay parts. Now my car has this annoying squeak. It's been about a month or two and 3k miles. I do drive a wild some times. The noise recently started. I will double check later after work, but has anyone experience the same bs?