4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ECU Codes: 0807 (EVAP), 0111 (EVAP), 0304(Knock)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM

ECU Codes: 0807 (EVAP), 0111 (EVAP), 0304(Knock)

I need the .org's help. I pulled these codes over the weekend and would like your input. As I noted below I already have plans to replace the knock sensor. Would someone way in on the second two codes.
-On a scale from 1-10 (10 is so serious I should push my car home from work) that I should get this looked at by a professional?
-I reset the ECU and have driven the car a couple times and the warning light has not tripped back on.
-I've copied and pasted the information from the write-ups to help save people time. Thanks for your help.

0304 - Knock Sensor (plan to be replaced this weekend)

0111 - EVAP control system/Flow
Diagnostic Trouble Code 0111 is detected when ...
- EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- EVAP control system has a leak in the line between intake manifold and EVAP control system pressure sensor.

Possible causes include ...
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve stuck closed.
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and its circuit.
- Loose, disconnected, or improper connection of rubber tube.
- Blocked rubber tube.
- Blocked or bent rubber tube to MAP/BARO switch solenoid valve.
- Cracked EVAP canister.
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
- Closed Throttle Position Switch.
- Improper connection of one-way valve.
- Blocked purge port.
- EVAP canister vent control valve.

0807 - EVAP Canister purge control valve/soenoid valve circuit
Diagnostic Trouble Code 0807 does not appear in the '99 Maxima factory service manual, and that is my principal information source. I'll tell what I know about the '99 Maxima EVAP Canister Purge Volume Control Solenoid Valve. This information may or may not apply to your Maxima.

The Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Volume Control Solenoid Valve uses an on/off duty cycle to control the flow of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. Diagnostic Trouble Code 1008 is set when the Engine Control Module (the computer) detects an improper signal through the valve. The problem is likely to be in the electrical wiring, harness, or the valve itself.

Check fuse #58 (10 amps) and replace if necessary.

The CPVCSV is easy to see and reach. It is located in the engine compartment, mounted to the top of the upper intake manifold. Notice the Vehicle Serial number stamped into the firewall. Put your finger on the third-from-last number. Move your finger three inches toward the radiator. That's the CPVCSV. It has one two-wire electrical connector and two vacuum hoses.

You may test the valve. This test procedure is performed with the engine off. Remove the electrical connector and both vacuum hoses. Fasten a length of clean rubber vacuum tubing to either nipple. Gently blow through the hose. The valve should be closed and it should be difficult or impossible to send air through the valve. Now use a pair of fused test leads to provide 12 volts to the electric terminals. The polarity doesn't matter. With the solenoid energized the valve should be open and it should be easy to send air through the valve.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:11 AM

bump to the top...
edit: i was driving home and the check engine light tripped on.