4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

22's on the 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 PM

lol.. the car was a show car.. IE won most shows it was in.. 5k in audio and video... thats all i did it for.. I was going to go for a different look with it slammed on 20's but got and offer and sponsorship by carolina rim and wheel so i took it and did some shows until I sold the wheels to another guy with a 4th gen with 22's on it... so there.. I dont HAVE THE CAR ANYMORE.. lol
Old 09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NousDefions
One of the reasons I enjoy the Maxima is because people tend to NOT do things like that to their cars.

Fender badging letting everyone know exactly the diameter of the wheels is a classy touch, though.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 AM

Personally that Maxima looks like a sorry a** Impala recipe for destruction, with the BLING BLING and "No Bang"! No sign of high performance, less effective braking, reduction of suspension life, reduced handling limits, CG out of whack, increased turn radius and increased chance of some other 22" fool stealing your crap!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:31 AM

man only 22's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R0xLO906m4

this is what you should put on the car!

jeez that you call that crap modding. like modifying to make it worse in every single aspect? how can someone be proud of that?????
Old 09-23-2008, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by loud3
And my date of joining has WHAT to do with your close-minded taste in vehicles/modifications? Does this go back to 'post count = intelligence or general knowledge'? If so, then I'm just shafted. Damn this not driving the same car all the time lifestyle I wandered into!

And what was the nice try for?

Ignorance is bliss, I hear.
sorry man but someone not liking a style of car is by no means close-minded. If someone likes old school hot rods over donkin out a car...whats that? close-minded. No, its taste in something different.

And to come on the attack and have the worst banana joke in the history of banana jokes, says something about your character. that you cant take criticism even when trying to be different.

grow up or GTFO.

and thats how i roll....
Old 09-23-2008, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by bigpulve
alright "fresh prince", any car with 22's is fawking ghey.....let alone a maxima....I suggest you delete this before things get outta hand.
actually the white 5th gen in the 5th gen forum looks nice
Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
thats not true at all. plenty of cars look good on 22s...
Like semis!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Man where did you get that kit from you know where i can get the same one for my i30 inifinti
Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by 99BettySE
Like semis!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:31 AM

Dunno if its the lack of body kit/side skirts, or theyre just way oversize, Or theyre just way too ghetto, but they sure as Hell don't suit.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 99BettySE
Like semis!
naw, i was thinking more like bentleys, rolls royces, mercedes s/cl, bmw 7 series, and hell even the 300/magnum/charger or the 90's chevy b-body platform.

the world's a lot bigger than maximas.

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Congrats, you have more money in wheels/suspension than your car is worth.

I am tEh suck.
not a huge accomplishment when you're talkin $3-5k cars. any decent set of wheels and quality suspension can put you in that club.

Originally Posted by CMax03
Personally that Maxima looks like a sorry a** Impala recipe for destruction, with the BLING BLING and "No Bang"! No sign of high performance, less effective braking, reduction of suspension life, reduced handling limits, CG out of whack, increased turn radius and increased chance of some other 22" fool stealing your crap!!!!
you can't just take what's important to you and apply it to someone else's build. some are all show, some are all performance, the great ones seamlessly blend the line.

---

the key here is execution and personal style should always be accounted for. imo, the wheels look cheap and the maxima is a car that needs to be lowered to it's performance limitations or beyond to really look good, but that's just my opinion. i also know that there's some situations where pulling up in this car would make the best of the high performance maximas on this site oblivious. i'm sure those places are more important to the op than the .org.

everyone should build their car to their tastes. saying you don't like it is fine, but blanket and/or excessively negative statements are uncalled for.

Last edited by BLACKonBLACK98; 09-23-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by McSteve
man only 22's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R0xLO906m4

this is what you should put on the car!

jeez that you call that crap modding. like modifying to make it worse in every single aspect? how can someone be proud of that?????

It makes the Maxima look like one of those damned crossovers.

Hilarious though.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:15 PM

[/quote]everyone should build their car to their tastes. saying you don't like it is fine, but blanket and/or excessively negative statements are uncalled for.

Sorry Mike,
When you post pictures on this ORG or any other forum, aren't you asking for approval/praise from others in regard to your particular taste/opinion of a modified Maxima/automobile? You can get praise or laughed at. I thought my response was honest and my opinion! No everyone will not ever think the same or have quite the same taste! But on the positive side I would like to see you and Dracc put some 22",na! 24" na!, hell... some 26" rims on a ZO6 Corvette and post that on their forum and get back some kind, sweet, loving comments or replys! I bet you won't start no new fad over there.....

Last edited by CMax03; 09-23-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Got Retrofit?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor

Sorry Mike,
When you post pictures on this ORG or any other forum, aren't you asking for approval/praise from others in regard to your particular taste/opinion of a modified Maxima/automobile? You can get praise or laughed at. I thought my response was honest and my opinion! No everyone will not ever think the same or have quite the same taste! But on the positive side I would like to see you and Dracc put some 22",na! 24" na!, hell... some 26" rims on a ZO6 Corvette and post that on their forum and get back some kind, sweet, loving comments or replys! I bet you won't start no new fad over there.....

well i can't tell you how to feel or act but i think holding someone else to your expectations is unreasonable. it gives the impression that you think your way is right and everything else is wrong, regardless of circumstances. it's an easy bandwagon to ride on the .org since most members have convinced themselve's that the maxima is a performance vehicle.

the hi-rise z06 is an extreme example but i'll run with it. first of all, who would have thought that lifting cars on oversized wheels would be a trend in the first place? well, it is. they are at major car shows (competetive and industry, park your max next to one and see how much attention you get), have media devoted to them, and have a cult following. secondly, post a maxima and a z06 on 26s in the same thread on a vette forum. the chevy might get flamed to hell but about the only thing you're gonna hear about the maxima is "wtf is that even doing here". let's keep the apples seperated from the oranges.

i agree that this maxima isn't my style, but saying that everyone should think the way you should or they're open to be disrespected is non-sense. the only reason anybody would even argue that is just to argue. the "you posted it so i can say whatever i want" excuse is lame. sure you can say whatever you want, but at that point you're reflecting more on yourself than any car ever will. its easy to forget that there are people on the other side of the screen. the conversation would be much different in person. for one, you would know right off the bat that the person didn't care about performance (which should be obvious anyway). not only that but there would (should) be a common level of human decency that would keep you from speaking so loosely, i gaurentee it.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM

Personally I think any car with rims over 19" looks ridiculously stupid.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Kilo15
Personally I think any car with rims over 19" looks ridiculously stupid.
you're entitled to your opinion i guess. frankly i find it a little rediculous in itself.

brabus rocket - world's fastest street legal sedan. 20"

rolls royce phantom - 21"

c6 zr1 corvette - 19/20"

you sure you feel that way or are you just letting the masses think for you? serious question.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:38 PM

dont lambo's have 20's as well? wat about the enzo?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
sorry man but someone not liking a style of car is by no means close-minded. If someone likes old school hot rods over donkin out a car...whats that? close-minded. No, its taste in something different.

And to come on the attack and have the worst banana joke in the history of banana jokes, says something about your character. that you cant take criticism even when trying to be different.

grow up or GTFO.

and thats how i roll....

Um.

I made no reference to any banana joke.

So, in closing... comprehension > you.

And there is a nice big fat line between not liking the style, and making an *** out of yourself by attacking it, or mocking. That's almost... ricerish.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM

didn't know it was possible
Old 09-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Um.

I made no reference to any banana joke.

So, in closing... comprehension > you.

And there is a nice big fat line between not liking the style, and making an *** out of yourself by attacking it, or mocking. That's almost... ricerish.
meh whatever, you went on the attack as soon as someone said they didnt like it..
Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
meh whatever, you went on the attack as soon as someone said they didnt like it..
It wasn't just a simple 'I dont like it' or 'It's not my style.' And my original post was more to show the OP that you CAN put 22's on without having it 'jacked up'... and then some ignorance occurred, and then some more... and some more.

Maxima.org : We know DRAMA!

You can't comprehend who's typing what, so I don't expect you to understand that, either.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM

its easy to forget that there are people on the other side of the screen. the conversation would be much different in person. for one, you would know right off the bat that the person didn't care about performance (which should be obvious anyway). not only that but there would (should) be a common level of human decency that would keep you from speaking so loosely, i gaurentee it.

100% how I feel and brilliantly said. Sadly enough, when someone starts a thread, they don't realize how bad they're going to get cut down. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people on here don't tell the .org about some mods due to being afraid of what others are going to say...that is letting them know in a presumptuous manner.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:19 PM

im powder coating my 19in p1's in a pink...with a polished lip.

Last edited by toyick; 09-23-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:28 PM

well i can't tell you how to feel or act but i think holding someone else to your expectations is unreasonable. it gives the impression that you think your way is right and everything else is wrong, regardless of circumstances. it's an easy bandwagon to ride on the .org since most members have convinced themselve's that the maxima is a performance vehicle.

the hi-rise z06 is an extreme example but i'll run with it. first of all, who would have thought that lifting cars on oversized wheels would be a trend in the first place? well, it is. they are at major car shows (competetive and industry, park your max next to one and see how much attention you get), have media devoted to them, and have a cult following. secondly, post a maxima and a z06 on 26s in the same thread on a vette forum. the chevy might get flamed to hell but about the only thing you're gonna hear about the maxima is "wtf is that even doing here". let's keep the apples seperated from the oranges.

i agree that this maxima isn't my style, but saying that everyone should think the way you should or they're open to be disrespected is non-sense. the only reason anybody would even argue that is just to argue. the "you posted it so i can say whatever i want" excuse is lame. sure you can say whatever you want, but at that point you're reflecting more on yourself than any car ever will. its easy to forget that there are people on the other side of the screen. the conversation would be much different in person. for one, you would know right off the bat that the person didn't care about performance (which should be obvious anyway). not only that but there would (should) be a common level of human decency that would keep you from speaking so loosely, i gaurentee it.
As I stated b4 In My Opinion(IMO).....I can't see how I'm trying to sway anyones thinking or personal preference. The problem actually may be that maybe you modded that car... and that's why your replies are directed to me or maybe your preference/taste is in that direction of modding! So if it is, I've been pretty decent and respectful toward all those in "The Big Bad Bling Bling Crowd! I would invite critics to speech of what they don't like or do like on my vehicle.... It's just their view and it doesn't mean a thing, the world isn't gonna stop revolving, nor does it mean I'll support their views....It just as it is now... That's not my style and never will be...I GUARANTEE THAT!
P.S Mike (next you wanna try and write a letter, proof read it and check your spelling)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:18 PM

why not do some 30's? 22's are old school

anyonewhothinksimseriousjumpoffabridge
Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

^^^those guys need mud flaps by law...at least in my state
Old 09-23-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by z00york145

those are 40"
well if my eye sight is correct the badeging on the wheel well... says 40"

that would technically be dub dub dueces....lol
Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by toyick
those are 40"
well if my eye sight is correct the badeging on the wheel well... says 40"

that would technically be dub dub dueces....lol
oh hah, i guess the bragging rights "badge" doesn't get looked at by everyone..
Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Maxima.org : We know DRAMA!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM

Yeah that's gonna get plenty of attention...Positive and Negative! Any Maxima Guys need to be more GMish here's the protocol...The Bigger The Better??????
Old 09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Interwebs = seros busyniss.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

As I stated b4, In My Opinion(IMO), I don't see how I'm trying to sway anyone's thinking or personal preference. The problem actually may be that maybe you modded that car and that's why your replies are directed to me. Or maybe your preference/taste is in that direction of modding ! So if it is, I've been pretty decent and respectful toward all those in "The Big Bad Bling Bling Crowd"! I would invite critics to speak of what they don't like or do like on my vehicle. It's just their view and it doesn't mean a thing. The world isn't gonna stop revolving, nor does it mean I'll support their views. It just as it is now. That's not my style and never will be. I GUARANTEE THAT!
P.S Mike (next time you wanna try and write a letter, proof read it and check your spelling)
yeah, you got me. what was that 4 errors? thanks for pointing that out. i returned the favor (spell check is only a band-aid on the broken bone of bad grammar ).

my replies have nothing to do with personal taste and only concern the respect that should be shown towards other members. obviously this is of no concern to you, as you would rather justify your behavior. it doesn't bother me one bit. i've said my piece and i'm done with it.

i look forward to hearing your critique of my build once it is finally complete. i can only hope it is in person rather than on the internet. maybe we can take that cruise you've been wanting and i can show you my style.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Originally Posted by z00york145

Holy **** rubber bands FTL.

Oh and there is about 6 cars here like that in daytona beach,fl that I see everyday
Old 09-24-2008, 06:02 AM

brabus rocket - world's fastest street legal sedan. 20"

rolls royce phantom - 21"

c6 zr1 corvette - 19/20"

you sure you feel that way or are you just letting the masses think for you? serious question.
Hey, those don't look too bad! Of course, it would seem that rims of any size would look good on cars made for them (back to my semi truck comment...). Not to mention these cars are made to have a lower profile and less wheel-well space. 20"+ rims tucked up underneath wheel-wells made for 16s, notsomuch.

Even for those who don't think they look bad or tacky could at least take into account the safety and functionality factors. When your giant-*** wheel comes off and maims someone or causes an accident because it was put on a hub not made for wheels of nearly that size, or when you're taking thousands of miles off the life of your suspension so you can look bling when you roll with your homies or whatever, then I guess that's your prerogative.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 AM

it looks funny in my opinion
Old 09-24-2008, 08:54 AM

so this thread is stupid 1) 22's don't belong on a max and 2) you tried to make everyone think you were cooler by name dropping some other site. everyone here knows this is the best site ever, so that doesn't work, sorry.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 AM

very jdm
Old 09-24-2008, 10:58 AM

it looked ok to me
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by drewsblackmax
so this thread is stupid 1) 22's don't belong on a max and 2) you tried to make everyone think you were cooler by name dropping some other site. everyone here knows this is the best site ever, so that doesn't work, sorry.

but yet you read.. paid attention to it.. and took an account that I did so...

Quick Reply: 22's on the 4th gen