4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Integrate Aftermarket Alarm into IVMS???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 AM

Integrate Aftermarket Alarm into IVMS???

Hey, I wanted to put a car alarm into my 96 maxima (SE). I was looking for a really cool shortcut, like maybe interfacing it into the IVMS system. now I know technically there can be only one bus master, but I was wondering if there was any cool device that might I might be able to use to interface the alarm system right into the LAN,

Just looking at all of my options before I start doing anything, it would be pretty sweet to, for example, remove the multi-remote control IVMS, or modify it somehow, to wire in the alarm to a device that then converts it into the two wire transmission the rest of the car understands
Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 AM

You mean something like this?

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/articles.php?article_id=36
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 PM

That adds and alarm horn, and glass sensor, what I'm actually looking to do is install an aftermarket alarm.

Now the way the car works, is everything as a computer, that communicated to the BCM. the window locks, have a computer, the door locks, have a computer.

They communicated via a differential pair LAN, which I believe is ISO-something protocol.

in the trunk next to the radio antenna, is the multi remote control unit. This unit recieves the signals from the remote control, and transmits commands to the BCM, which then transmits commands to the door locks, and windows.

what I am looking for is a way to interface into the differential pair LAN that can send signals from the alarm, to the BCM.

Is this possible?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:18 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by rcintorino
That adds and alarm horn, and glass sensor, what I'm actually looking to do is install an aftermarket alarm.

Now the way the car works, is everything as a computer, that communicated to the BCM. the window locks, have a computer, the door locks, have a computer.

They communicated via a differential pair LAN, which I believe is ISO-something protocol.

in the trunk next to the radio antenna, is the multi remote control unit. This unit recieves the signals from the remote control, and transmits commands to the BCM, which then transmits commands to the door locks, and windows.

what I am looking for is a way to interface into the differential pair LAN that can send signals from the alarm, to the BCM.

Is this possible?
What exactly are you looking to do? Are you trying to get around locking the doors via the master door control by trying to use the IVMS system? Or are there more features you need?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM

I don't understand what an aftermarket alarm would do that a shock sensor added to the factory alarm wouldn't, except maybe make a different noise or something.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:13 AM

well you see, I lost the keyless remote at an allman brothers show

and I happen to have an alarm system (free). so I figured I would like to make that keyless remote work with my car, and I was trying to be lazy and just interface it into the IVMS so I didn't actually have to do much wiring. (ie, lock, unlock, trunk, windows). but I guess I'll doo it the old fashion way