4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Personal impressions about "seafoaming" the intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 PM

Personal impressions about "seafoaming" the intake manifold

Hi
This is just my personal ideas after I went throught that process...No need for any replys or disputes .... Just to share my ideas with any one who might need to know about its experience...
I started to pour the spray after taking out the tube from the brake hose into the manifold of the engine.....It's better to ask someone to help you pressing on the gas pedal inside (I made my wife doing this),this is good for making the other hand free for any other task rather than holding the gas wire in the hood...Because the car will not give you the chance without stalling if you don't press on the gas while the brake hose is disconnected...
I use for the first time half the spray,after several hours I use another 1/4 of the can,I left the car for 20 min then drove it for 20 to 30 min and AT stick on "2" position to rev the engine above 2000 RPM during driving to get rid of the crap out of the engine,I didn't get much smoke,only few after I reached the main street in the area I live in(driving about 35-40MPH)........
Since my CEL is on and having O2 sensor code , I didn't go throught the hassle of thinking about the potential O2 sensor damage...they are somked already ......
To be frank , I noticed faster engine cranking , swiching on , more responsive gas pedal and slight better acceleration (might be because my last gas fill was 93 octane chevron ? or the Lucas oil treatment I added ?? I don't know)....But definitly the car was slightly better,the only draw back (I might be just imagining !! maybe not) the engine before the procedure was very slightly more stable........just slightly SLIGHTLY more stable...might return to as just as it was in the few coming days..maybe
That's my impression about it ....may be for some use for you guys
Thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 04:54 PM

My personal opinion is it dosn't work if your UIM is very clogged. I think its a waist of time and money. I would take off UIM and clean it among other stuff like the IVAC and the EGR tube and anything that is charcol black. But this job is harder then spraying seafoam in the UIM. I have never used seafoam and I would never put it in my car.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Got Retrofit?

I too felt the same effects as the OP. I also put it in my gas, not the oil though because I had just changed it.