4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

is this eBay exhaust, actually...decent?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 AM

is this eBay exhaust, actually...decent?

95-99 NISSAN MAXIMA JDM N1 CATBACK EXHAUST 96 97 98

everything looks like good quality to me...and for the price? wow.

i'm being serious, does this look like something you guys would buy?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Addicted to the Org

Looks good to me. It would be a great replacement for a rusted out exhaust. I would question the sound level with that design muffler. Prob be too loud for my taste.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Whatchyou say?

Originally Posted by maximized98
Looks good to me. It would be a great replacement for a rusted out exhaust. I would question the sound level with that design muffler. Prob be too loud for my taste.

I have this set up and it's good. My OEM system was rusttttteeeddd. lol Noise level isn't too bad, comes with a 'silencer' if you want it - I don't like the way it sounds with it in. One thing to note here ... it is a bit louder than I'd like while crusing hwy speeds, but 1500 watts drowns it out pretty good!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:49 PM

for that price i might just get it for the piping
Old 04-25-2009, 02:26 PM

I actually have this exact exhaust . Its really not that bad, but i would recommend gettinga highflow cat because this exhaust isnt really that loud. Its a nice bass tone to it but you can definetly tell its there lol. over all i was extreamly happy with it but its all up to what sound your going for. oh btw its 2-1/2 inch
Old 04-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor

that muffler design is super 1999, but you can't get raw stainless tubing for that price. the zombie penguin is on on the right track.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 PM

i wonder if you guys have looked at the shipping. that's where they get you with these "deals"
Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 PM

yeah but 160 shipped for a n exhaust is not bad at all
Old 04-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gman8990
yeah but 160 shipped for a n exhaust is not bad at all
Agreed. thats why i got it
Old 04-25-2009, 08:09 PM

ZOMG Guys DID you SEE!?!?!

Comes with a removeable silencer
Old 04-26-2009, 12:05 AM

i haven't had a single flame for this question. wow, i might just have to scoop this one up!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Addicted to the Org

If you do, I want to see it in person. I'll be traveling through your neck of the woods soon I think.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:20 AM

It's not a bad exhaust. I also got a high flow cat to go with it. It's loud with the high flow cat. I had to use the silencer. Now I have another problem. I thought the hesitation in my acceleration was due to the rusted exhaust. I think more of the exhaust is rusted than before. I don't know if the rest of the system needs replacing or what? When the exhaust was first put on, the car actually cut off on me. Anyone else have this problem? It hasn't cut off on me since the first day it was installed.

Is the header also rusted out? I'm going to take it back to the shop on Monday.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:26 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by DARTHSWAN
It's not a bad exhaust. I also got a high flow cat to go with it. It's loud with the high flow cat. I had to use the silencer. Now I have another problem. I thought the hesitation in my acceleration was due to the rusted exhaust. I think more of the exhaust is rusted than before. I don't know if the rest of the system needs replacing or what? When the exhaust was first put on, the car actually cut off on me. Anyone else have this problem? It hasn't cut off on me since the first day it was installed.

You should start your own thread with your problems so you don't hijack this one.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 AM

Wasn't going for the hijack. I will keep that in mind next time. But if it could help the person who started this thread, It might be helpful.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:49 AM
No more Maximas...

Wasn't going for the hijack. I will keep that in mind next time. But if it could help the person who started this thread, It might be helpful.
He hasn't said anything about hesitation issues, the car stalling or his manifolds being rusted through, so
Old 04-26-2009, 08:56 AM
nycmaximas member

I agree great for the price full stainless steel sound like a good deal to me...
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i have a feeling the tone on that thing is going to be horrendous, especially if you plan on replacing the cat and headers.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by pmohr
He hasn't said anything about hesitation issues, the car stalling or his manifolds being rusted through, so
Wow, you make me laugh. Nor did he say anything about the thread being hijacked. Can your crystal ball tell us anything else? Since you didn't start this thread why are you so concerned?

Thank you for your concern.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:19 AM
No more Maximas...

Wow, you make me laugh. Nor did he say anything about the thread being hijacked. Can your crystal ball tell us anything else? Since you didn't start this thread why are you so concerned?

Thank you for your concern.

Point being, you apparently want help about your problems, which have nothing to do with the OP. You say you thought it could help the OP, but since he doesn't have any of your issues...

If you actually want to get any helpful responses about your problems, you should start your own thread. You seem like you do, given that you asked a few questions about your own vehicle.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 AM

theres a vid of sum1 with the exhaust in this thread, post #4 last video:
http://forums.maxima.org/maximas-sal...e-3-5-max.html
Old 04-26-2009, 10:32 AM

Point being, you apparently want help about your problems, which have nothing to do with the OP. You say you thought it could help the OP, but since he doesn't have any of your issues...

If you actually want to get any helpful responses about your problems, you should start your own thread. You seem like you do, given that you asked a few questions about your own vehicle.
If I wanted help about the problem from this board, I wouldn't be taking it into the shop on Monday. Hence no need for a new thread, but again, Thank you for you 2 cents.

I'll keep you in mind when they are asking for nominations for moderators.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Now I have another problem. I thought the hesitation in my acceleration was due to the rusted exhaust. I think more of the exhaust is rusted than before. I don't know if the rest of the system needs replacing or what? When the exhaust was first put on, the car actually cut off on me. Anyone else have this problem? It hasn't cut off on me since the first day it was installed.

pmohr is rough around the edges but you've been here long enough to know that this IS a hijack and trying to resolve your own probelm - even though you're going to she shop monday...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by allensteiner21
pmohr is rough around the edges but you've been here long enough to know that this IS a hijack and trying to resolve your own probelm - even though you're going to she shop monday...
This nonsense going back and forth is a hijack. If he felt that way, an easy way was to send a private message. I am, in now trying to fix my problem on my own, knowing what I know. It is bad to assume things, when you don't know the full story. But again, thank you all for you 3 cents.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:44 PM

thanks for finding me an exhaust...LOL... I just ordered it
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM

It's not a bad exhaust. I also got a high flow cat to go with it. It's loud with the high flow cat. I had to use the silencer. Now I have another problem. ... Anyone else have this problem? Is the header also rusted out?
thanks for your input!
...but unless you're telling me the exhaust is going to rust, your headers aren't really relevant here...but if you make your own thread (that is, if the shop can't figure it out), i'm sure plenty of people, even Mr. PMohr will be glad to help you out.

You should start your own thread with your problems so you don't hijack this one.
+1, thanks. that happens to me all the time.

Originally Posted by MR96GLE
thanks for finding me an exhaust...LOL... I just ordered it
you dirty *****! lol jk, i'm glad one of us got it.

in terms of thanking me, i will accept gratitude in form of a high-quality video showing us how it sounds, looks, if it hangs correctly...and also how good of a fitment it was.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by tyler5619
thanks for your input!
...but unless you're telling me the exhaust is going to rust, your headers aren't really relevant here...but if you make your own thread (that is, if the shop can't figure it out), i'm sure plenty of people, even Mr. PMohr will be glad to help you out.

+1, thanks. that happens to me all the time.

in terms of thanking me, i will accept gratitude in form of a high-quality video showing us how it sounds, looks, if it hangs correctly...and also how good of a fitment it was.
Tyler, sorry for the national security incident. I'm convinced my shop can handle it. They've done extremely well so far.

Again, Tyler, sorry for this horrible hijacking.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:02 PM

Tyler, sorry for the national security incident. I'm convinced my shop can handle it. They've done extremely well so far.

Again, Tyler, sorry for this horrible hijacking.
i'll take that as... "No, Tyler, the exhaust has not rusted on me so far!"

i'm not mad about the hijack, it's just that way too many people have no idea what's relevant and what's not.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM

i'll take that as... "No, Tyler, the exhaust has not rusted on me so far!"

i'm not mad about the hijack, it's just that way too many people have no idea what's relevant and what's not.
The exhaust is great, Personally. No rust yet. I noticed different shift point, compared to the rusted OEM. I also noticed at different cruising speeds, the engine RPMs are lower than the OEM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 PM

thanks, i think i'll go ahead and get one of these!

does anyone know how many HP this thing actually adds?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 PM

I also put a high flow cat on it. Noticeable difference. Even the wife was suprised.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:38 PM

thanks, i think i'll go ahead and get one of these!

does anyone know how many HP this thing actually adds?

Assuming you have stock headers, Y-pipe and cat..........

Most likely wont even notice it.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 AM

Look up "fart can" on google Images and you'll see that same exhaust
Old 04-27-2009, 03:49 AM

not bad friend has it. fits nice
Old 04-27-2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by MR96GLE

I dont know about high quality but i will make a vid... im only workin wit a Cannon...lol

I will keep yall updated
Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 AM

I bought the same one....and had a fitment issue. The flange was welded slightly off. I didn't want to spend another $30 re-welding the flange to fit the car and what not. So i just used some force and bent it up. By doing that, i caused a slit to open up on my b-pipe because i twisted it. I was like whatever, and had a shop weld the slit (should have just rewelded the flange in the first place). Anyhow, because i still didn't reweld the flange, the muffler was still twisted a little. At this point, i placed a lot of stress on the hanger on the muffler and caused it to break off. SO now i'm hanging on with just one hanger. at that point, i bought a muffler for like $15 (walker from rock auto), and just slapped it onto THAT b-pip (original rusted through). So hopefully the one you get has no fitment issues. Otherwise, i would get them sorted out first if you don't want my problems.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:53 PM

wtf...just found something weird about this...

and I quote,
"Nissan Maxima (Build Date) 07.1996-1999 models need to get a extra sensor pipe"

i asked the seller, and he said it is a sensor pipe and it's $40 at a dealer... hopefully it's not THIS part!

if this is the case, i might as well go with megan, because that piece takes any power i would be gaining, would it not?

of course, i could be completely mistaken...what part do you guys think this means?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 AM
No more Maximas...

wtf...just found something weird about this...

and I quote,
"Nissan Maxima (Build Date) 07.1996-1999 models need to get a extra sensor pipe"

i asked the seller, and he said it is a sensor pipe and it's $40 at a dealer... hopefully it's not THIS part!

if this is the case, i might as well go with megan, because that piece takes any power i would be gaining, would it not?

of course, i could be completely mistaken...what part do you guys think this means?
Yes, that's the S-pipe some years will need.

I wouldn't say it's 'taking' any power that you would be gaining. Just remember, you aren't going to gain much at all from a catback.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Kevlo for President

Any exhaust shop should be able to make that piece for like 20 bucks
Old 05-10-2009, 08:27 AM

So I bought this exhaust also because mine was original and starting to become Swiss cheese. Looking at the picture and link tyler5619 just posted, it says on greghome.com:

"Since my Maxima does not have an Oxygen Sensor behind the cat I had to purchase this Nissan extension piece from Courtesy. The hardware required to secure it does not come with the pipe. Part numbers are provided on the photograph at left." And the picture tyler posted is at left.

Therefore, because I have an O2 sensor after the cat, would I be correct in my thinking that I do not need that extra pipe? My car is FED spec if that helps.

Quick Reply: is this eBay exhaust, actually...decent?