4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ppl with dash kits plz help.......others i need advice from

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 07:49 PM

ppl with dash kits plz help.......others i need advice from

i have a beige 95 with beige interior. i was thiking of getting an aluminum dash kit, does anyone have one with a beige max? has anyone seen it in one? i was just wondering if it looks ok. if not i could go with italian burlwood.

second question is that is a dash kit pretty much like stickers? is it easy to install or should i get it done? im not that good with installing things but if its really easy i can manage, just wanted to get an idea.

lasty, if anyone has pics of interior, wood or aluminium, plz post. thank you.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:10 PM

Re: ppl with dash kits plz help.......others i need advice from

Originally posted by riggy
i have a beige 95 with beige interior. i was thiking of getting an aluminum dash kit, does anyone have one with a beige max? has anyone seen it in one? i was just wondering if it looks ok. if not i could go with italian burlwood.

second question is that is a dash kit pretty much like stickers? is it easy to install or should i get it done? im not that good with installing things but if its really easy i can manage, just wanted to get an idea.

I WOULD NOT GET ALUMINUM FOR A BEIGE INTERIOR. I JUST DONT SEE IT LOOKING NICE.
I HAD A CAMRY WITH A BEIGE INTERIOR AND A DARK WOOD KIT, THAT LOOKED NICE. RIGHT NOW I HAVE A BLACK 99 GLE WITH BLACK LEATHER AND ALUMINUM DASH.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:52 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: ppl with dash kits plz help.......others i need advice from

Originally posted by riggy

dude.. it is easy to install.. go to ap-signworks.com they have directions for proper installation to make sure it holds. Besides, how can you screw it up? It is already cut out in the proper sizes and there is a sticky adhesive backing on them... you just slap it on... check for directions for details....

anyways.... I feel your position dude, I have a tan interior as well, it sucks, nothing "racey" can be done to it. What you can do is try carbon fiber, but I think burlwood would look best.. depends on your tastes....

Here is a pic of my carbon fiber (vinyl stick on, not real carbon fiber kit!) i put it on my dash...
Old 11-23-2001, 09:10 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I have the brushed aluminium with the tan interior and kinda regret it. I wish I got the carbon fiber. The tan and aluminium doesn't look that good together.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:14 PM
madmax26

i can get u a big discount at www.exoticwooddash.com tell me ur exact year and specs(auto manual) and what style u want, i might be able to get u like 25% off, im all about helpin the maxima bros, email me at www.madmax314@hotmail.com
peace

Old 11-26-2001, 03:27 PM

i have a tan 96 and i got a joshua tree walnut burl kit. the kit looks very nice and i get a lot of compliments. it was easy to install and fits well.

it's the best way to go, but I'm having difficulty finding a shift **** and e-brake handle to match the kit. but it still looks sweet!
Old 11-26-2001, 04:04 PM

Re: Re: ppl with dash kits plz help.......others i need advice from

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

dude.. it is easy to install.. go to ap-signworks.com they have directions for proper installation to make sure it holds. Besides, how can you screw it up? It is already cut out in the proper sizes and there is a sticky adhesive backing on them... you just slap it on... check for directions for details....

anyways.... I feel your position dude, I have a tan interior as well, it sucks, nothing "racey" can be done to it. What you can do is try carbon fiber, but I think burlwood would look best.. depends on your tastes....

Here is a pic of my carbon fiber (vinyl stick on, not real carbon fiber kit!) i put it on my dash...
now your dash looks much better with the wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 04:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: ppl with dash kits plz help.......others i need advice from

Originally posted by cooler2000

now your dash looks much better with the wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks

Now that cooler2000 brought it up, I just switched from Carbon Fiber look to Burlwood... I will put up a pic later, It's on another computer.
Old 11-26-2001, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by j_bryan
i have a tan 96 and i got a joshua tree walnut burl kit. the kit looks very nice and i get a lot of compliments. it was easy to install and fits well.

it's the best way to go, but I'm having difficulty finding a shift **** and e-brake handle to match the kit. but it still looks sweet!

Is it me, or is it just the lighting... or does your tan look less yellow, has a more nicer color??? Check out mine, it's almost yellow looking I hate the tan.
Old 11-26-2001, 04:54 PM

Is it me, or is it just the lighting... or does your tan look less yellow, has a more nicer color??? Check out mine, it's almost yellow looking I hate the tan.
relax its a lightings, a lot of gig cameras make white instead of tan. I have a friend of mine who has 1996 gle and when we took pic of his leather it come out as white, but he has same leather as my 1997 gle.
Old 11-26-2001, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by cooler2000

relax its a lightings, a lot of gig cameras make white instead of tan. I have a friend of mine who has 1996 gle and when we took pic of his leather it come out as white, but he has same leather as my 1997 gle.
whew..

btw, here is my interior with the burlwood:
Old 11-26-2001, 07:42 PM

ive got burlwood, and my ***** dont exactly match it, but they match each other, pics at http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/redmax95
Old 11-27-2001, 02:42 AM

I have a carbon fiber dash kit with beige interior. i like the way it reflects off the beige but that is my opinion Mafia guy.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks the same way to me... hell, if the real beige interior looked like that I probably wouldn't hate it so much.
Old 11-27-2001, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Weasel
Looks the same way to me... hell, if the real beige interior looked like that I probably wouldn't hate it so much.

yea, that was my first thought.. why do I get stuck with the ugly beige? lol..

Redmax, the ***** look good! Is your overdrive button wired somewhere else? I see a wire going from the shifter in that pic? I have a carbon fiber and polished aluminum Tenzo R E-brake handle in the mail now. I just put in a tan leather shift **** from an SE, it feels nicer and it's bigger.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:50 AM

nah, the wire is for the radar detector, coming from power outlet, the switch is wired under the dash, the wires cant be seen, i can reach up under there and hit it, its a good secret