4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stock Head unit with Subs

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 08:06 PM

Stock Head unit with Subs

Does anyone know how to hook up an amp to the stock Bose head unit so when you turn off the radio the amp turns off too. One other thing does anyone know the best way to hook up subs and an amp with the Bose system.

Thanx
GoNe

Maxima: "who wants the race next"
Old 11-24-2001, 09:47 PM

Re: Stock Head unit with Subs

Originally posted by GoNe
Does anyone know how to hook up an amp to the stock Bose head unit so when you turn off the radio the amp turns off too. One other thing does anyone know the best way to hook up subs and an amp with the Bose system.

Thanx
GoNe

Maxima: "who wants the race next"
yea man, all you have to do is wire amp turn on wire from the behind the radio ,tap into the ignition wire and run it to the amp. power wire you run from the battery with a fuse on it and ground is the easiest........ i have done that, works great. 600 watt kenwood with a 12 inch audibahn sub in the trunk.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:55 PM

Just make sure you don't use the power antenna wire like some installation manuals say. The guy who installed my amp used the antenna wire. I promptly returned the next day and asked him to play a CD. He was completely shocked when the amp turned off. (You know, the antenna goes down when not listening to the radio.) He hooked it up somewhere eles, but I never asked, it works perfectly now. He said it was his first Maxima. The thing is, my '93 Pathfinder did the same thing. He must not have done many Nissans.

Just a little tip.

-Billy
Old 11-25-2001, 11:45 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

The rear speakers have 4 wires going in. Switched +12v, ground, speaker + and speaker -. The switch +12v is controlled by the OEM Bose headunit. You can use that wire as remote turn on for you amp. You can get the signal for your amp by using high level inputs. Some amps come with this feature ie. Rockford fosgate punch series. All you have to do is run the left rear speaker + & - and right rear speaker + & - to the high level inputs. Oh..you will need power from the battery and ground the amp.